Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does some (old/weak)weapons will ever be looked at now ?

THND3RZ

Hello there.

So as my title says,are the old/weak weapons will ever be looked at in term of balance/ changes ?

For example;The stradavar ?I have a riven mod for it, has a strong disposition and it's now quite okay but nothing big either (+225 % damage,+122% electricty -60% statut duration.)

But this could be for weapons like the braton or the karak.

Since we now have the Riven mod who ,IIRC,DE basically said that they're intended to be "band aid fix" mods,does this mean we won't see much/no balance changes anymore on them ?

Absolutely. DE pretty much provided a way for weak weapons to get a buff based on the player's wants for the weapon. However, people will always have grievances with weapons, whether their too overpowered, or weak. DE also has their way of seeing which weapons are being used the most, and which ones are not, so even with the Riven mods added, they should know which ones need the most attention. Not only that, but much like warframes, people want weapons to do what their suppose to do. 

9 minutes ago, THND3RZ said:

does this mean we won't see much/no balance changes anymore on them ?

I don't think so, I'd actually say that the Braton and Karak don't even need balancing. The weapons are created for beginners, not for endgame. So they already are pretty balanced for the people they were intended to be used by.

44 minutes ago, DarkOmegaGamer said:

Absolutely. DE pretty much provided a way for weak weapons to get a buff based on the player's wants for the weapon. However, people will always have grievances with weapons, whether their too overpowered, or weak. DE also has their way of seeing which weapons are being used the most, and which ones are not, so even with the Riven mods added, they should know which ones need the most attention. Not only that, but much like warframes, people want weapons to do what their suppose to do. 

It took DE (Scott) two years to buff the weakest and least cost-efficient weapon in the game -- Supra. I highly double the design team cares about weapon balance, the latest power creep, imbalanced and uneven mods like IPS, Multushot and etc kinda prove that.

I got a Riven mod for the Tetra and dumped it on my Prisma Tetra, With a crit build it now has a 45.5% crit chance, (Which i'm fine with for the next part) and a 7.4x multiplier. Couple that with Bladed rounds and you can get some good damage on it.

I do hope the lower weapons get buffs WITHOUT Riven mods however. Some are in dire need of it.

I think they will. I said it some time ago in a different Thread : Riven Mods are a good start, but if your Weapon has 0.5% Crit Chance you can have +5000% Crit Chance Stats on your Riven all you want, it won't affect it that much. 100 x 0 still is 0. I think the biggest Problem is that some Weapons don't have anything. Like some Weapons don't have Crit Chance, Status Chance, raw Damage or IPS damage, so no matter what Riven you roll it won't affect it, even if you roll really high numbers. If they could fix those Weapons we'd be find imho, but People will always prefer META Weapons that don't require much Work to be OP (Tonkor, Simulor, Soma, Tigris, Dread) over those that do need Work. (Paris, Amprex, etc)

Riven mods are supposed to be that, the thing is, they are not only for old/weak weapons, stuff like tonkor and soma also have Riven mods, plus they are random which means you can end up with status for non status weapons or crit on weapons with 0% crit, so nothing was solved, the worse part is that DE probably put a checked on that part that said "we have to review old weapons".

So to answer you question, no those weapons will never be looked at because in DE's POV they believe they already have.

It would have been better to either throw buffs at those weapons or specific mods with pre-determined buffs than this mess we have now.

20 hours ago, Spin999 said:

I don't think so, I'd actually say that the Braton and Karak don't even need balancing. The weapons are created for beginners, not for endgame. So they already are pretty balanced for the people they were intended to be used by.

IMO the endgame weapons I know of are not my kind of weapons.