Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are ppl without relics able to join ?

TennoPain

5 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

If you are one of the three people in that four man team with a relic, then you will have exactly the same expected ducat return as if you had just been in a three man team, that's the point.

By not bringing a relic, the fourth person is reducing your expected ducat earnings when compared to what the situation would have been if he had brought a relic.

Yes, but then you should also scream and rage that he didn't bring a Radiant relic to his trace farm because THAT reduces your average Ducat return, too.

3 hours ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Yes, but then you should also scream and rage that he didn't bring a Radiant relic to his trace farm because THAT reduces your average Ducat return, too.

Why would anyone scream and rage over a public mission? That's just ridiculous.

My expectation is that everyone in a public fissure run will have intact relics, so someone not having a radiant relic doesn't reduce my expected ducat return. If anyone brings a refined relic that's just a bonus.

It amazes me how many people still get really grr when it comes to public missions.

If you wanted the best chance possible at what you're searching for you've made your rad cabbage and gone to recruiting asking for a full group using the same rad cabbage.

I mean if you aren't going to bother putting in the most amount of effort you can in order to get what you're after I don't think you've got much room to complain.

Public matches are just that.  No one who enters one is obligated to run any particular item, frame, weapon or conform to any rules that are not set by the game itself or terms of service.  When you join a public match you are willingly accepting anyone of any kind.  You don't get to pick and choose with pub matches.  that's why we've got recruiting tab with the friends and invite only options.

2 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

My expectation is that everyone in a public fissure run will have intact relics, so someone not having a radiant relic doesn't reduce my expected ducat return. If anyone brings a refined relic that's just a bonus.

But for that to apply to this whole thread, you must also expect that the group fills up every single time. That just doesn't always happen, especially in quick runs like Capture missions that can be over in a matter of seconds from start.

And 'scream and rage' was a bit of hyperbole, I admit, though it IS basically what this thread is about - a guy complaining that someone filled out the last slot in a random group without bringing a relic. The entitlement really is big with that one.