The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can anyone confirm to me that Riven Mods w/ips dmg work like Madurai?

AerinSol

Question

9 answers to this question

In the early days of Damage 2.0, adding a damage type that wasn't already on a weapon added that damage directly, but it made a few weapons pretty overpowered that had low base damage. And they nerfed all the IPS damage mods while they were at it. 

Since then, mods which effect IPS damage types do nothing if the weapon doesn't have it. They'll obviously show up on Riven mods because stats are completely random regardless of the weapon.

you mean focus?

unless anything changed recently, yes, it should be adding selected ips damage types to non-ips weapons. I hear that it even works with some abilities.

If you ask if mods can further increase that damage... I was wondering about that myself recently, but I just don't know, not even an idea on how to test it.

Edited by 5HV3N

1 hour ago, MajesticPinecone said:

no amprex is strictly elemental / damage cant add slash / puncture / impact from my knowledge

Acording to the Wiki though, it says " Work off base weapon or ability damage, giving full effect and physical damage even to elemental based weapons like Ignis", so I belive that Madurai's passives can add slash, pucture and impact damage as they should normally, and it also says that it is affected by mods that increase base damage (Like Serration).

Personally I haven't tested this, so take it with a grain of salt, but this info says that it should work.

Source: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Focus/Madurai

Edited by Zaitsiev
gammatical corrections

10 hours ago, Zaitsiev said:

Acording to the Wiki though, it says " Work off base weapon or ability damage, giving full effect and physical damage even to elemental based weapons like Ignis", so I belive that Madurai's passives can add slash, pucture and impact damage as they should normally, and it also says that it is affected by mods that increase base damage (Like Serration).

Personally I haven't tested this, so take it with a grain of salt, but this info says that it should work.

Source: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Focus/Madurai

Well, there would be no reason to put that in the Wiki if it didn't work, as it's not what you'd intuitively expect.

Time to work on Madurai, looks like Nekros wielding a slashing Secura Lecta could be a thing after all, $$$$!