Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... the MMO Reader's Choice Awards...

SpectreXenon

Question

Why isn't Warframe in the 'Best Soundtrack' category? I mean - sure, there are probably other games with better, more musically exuberant soundtracks - but 'This is who you are' and that one Corpus/Perrin Seq. soundtrack, along with others - are beautiful pieces of art. :| 

P.S - Go vote at http://event.mmosite.com/gameprize if you haven't already because it's about time Warframe got the recognition it deserves.   

4 answers to this question

Two or three good pieces of music don't really deserve an award for best soundtrack. A lot of Warframe's music is not on that level of those pieces, as good as they are. Especially not compared to GW2 or WoW. Like hot damn, those games have amazing soundtracks. And they're a lot more consistent with music.

As much as I like pieces like the Kuva Fortress soundtrack, there are far better things in Warframe to recognize.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

4 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Two or three good pieces of music don't really deserve an award for best soundtrack. A lot of Warframe's music is not on that level of those pieces, as good as they are. Especially not compared to GW2 or WoW. Like hot damn, those games have amazing soundtracks. And they're a lot more consistent with music.

As much as I like pieces like the Kuva Fortress soundtrack, there are far better things in Warframe to recognize.

I mean I guess so... but still... EVE Online? Eh... 

I'm just saying it would've been more options, higher chance of publicity. I'm not sure who chooses what goes into 'what' category, but... if you snoop around enough you can find some decent tracks.

Edited by SpectreXenon

I've been voting for warframe too hehe and I agree with you that Warframe doesn't get the attention it deserves. I think maybe the reason it's not up for the soundtrack reward is that warframes soundtrack is not complete. I know the whole game isn't complete either but for me I think the game is more complete then the soundtrack. For me the soundtrack is maybe halfway there hehe. Well that's if DE really wants to make warframe more epic...which they seem to be doing. In my opinion great soundtracks are kind of a lost art in most of today's movies. Games with good stories and soundtracks feel like interactive movies...which I think makes them feel more epic.:laugh: