Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ps4/Pc prime unvault price difference?

maxyboy400

Question

3 answers to this question

Most likely explanation: DE sets prices based off of either US or Canadian dollars. PC users buy through DE's website, while PS4 users buy through Sony. Sony winds up using a slightly different $-to-£ conversion ratio than DE, therefore the prices are different.

Less likely explanation: Sony adds a small amount to the price set by DE, so that Sony can get a cut of the profit without lowering DE's profit. Note that this is pure conspiracy and is complete conjecture.

31 minutes ago, maxyboy400 said:

I looked on both pc prime unvault store and ps4 unvault store and it seems that ps4 prime unvault packs are like £4 more expensive than pc , why?

They explained this some time ago when Sony decided to increase the price of things in the Canada PSN.

tldr: Sony uses a different conversion, and this changes the prices.

Edited by -SDM-NerevarCM

8 hours ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

They explained this some time ago when Sony decided to increase the price of things in the Canada PSN.

tldr: Sony uses a different conversion, and this changes the prices.

But it says that it only affects people in Canada, I don't live in Canada and it still seems to affect me. Then again I did log onto the website with ps4 log in to see the price because it isn't in the actual playstation store  for me.