Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Neza experiment

lordelamin

I just picked Neza up. Been running him for about a week now. Very good frame, but your assessment is needed here. Perhaps if his number one was a bit stronger? I mean if you could use him for area denile role. I think that would be a good fit. The fire trail if beefed up could block a door or two. I played him in a level 100 match tonight, and had a hard time, but got through it. I've heard it compaired to Rhino, and think that's not far off. hat do you all think?

I feel that Nezha is pretty well-balanced, honestly. 

His first ability is much less about damage, and more about the other bonuses. It boosts his mobility and can cleanse allies of Status effects. Not really designed for damage. Pair it with his teleport and you get an explosion when you reach your destination. Quite fun. 

Nezha is okay, decent move set. I just rarely use him because he is basically a fire based Rhino who is a little different. He just seems too close to another frame so I never really got into him. 

He is still cool though, solid enough for sorties. He can be helpful to a team. He just isn't really my cup of tea except on rare occasions. 

My only major gripe with Nezha's design apart from the fact that it sometimes seems too close to Rhino, is that his healing ability is too finicky to really be worth using for either yourself or your allies in most cases. The status effect removal from Firewalker is nice, but I think the healing portion of his (2) needs serious tweaking. Apart from that he is super solid though. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

His one is fine. The only change it really needs is a lower energy drain, it's higher than Excal's Exalted Blade for some reason. Being able to cast it while moving would be nice too. His two needs a ton of changes to be worthwhile though imo. His abilities in general need faster casting speed, and the "end of ability" animation on his fourth needs to be removed all together. He's not a bad frame though. Tons of fun, I prefer him over Rhino.

8 minutes ago, CipherXV said:

Feel Nezha needs to scale better with Steel Fiber amd his warding halo to be honest. I only say this because his health and shields are so low the halo is to weak to scale with higher level challenges

You have a strong point here in terms of scaling. 

The base health of Iron Skin at max rank is 1200. 

The base health of Warding Halo at max rank is 900. 

They have the same invulnerability period, but with all mods being equal, even the above means that Warding Halo only will have 3/4 of the health of Iron Skin. 

On top of that, while they have the same armor multiplier as far as I know (2.5x), Rhino has 40 more base armor than Nezha (and that's just regular Rhino, not Rhino Prime). For this purpose, since Nezha Prime doesn't exist yet, I am just comparing the vanilla versions. 

On top of that, Nezha has significantly less health and shields, and only a little more power than Rhino to sort of make up for it. 

Considering many of their other abilities are also very similar, I think comparing them in terms of survivability is fair -- even though Nezha is more the caster version of the two. He is significantly more squishy, and his cc is not really any better than Rhino's. His healing is clunky. 

His status removal is nice, although kind of redundant if you build for Safeguard augment. 

Edited by Tesseract7777