Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Blue Potato, What To Put It In?

NalkorRN

Well, I'm playing more often, and thanks to that long-&#! alert that awarded a much needed blue tater for everyone, I can now supercharge another primary. Only thing is, should it put it in the HEK or Boltor? Whichever I supercharge, I'm gonna immediately slap a Forma into (and then two more at each new Rank 30).

The HEK is godly and I have the LEX for my long-range needs, so the HEK can fulfill close to mid-range needs (and send enemies flying away upon death). However, the HEK lacks the innate armor-ignore properties of the Boltor, but the Boltor is nowhere near as ammo efficient as the HEK.

I'm really leaning towards the HEK because like the LEX, I just love those super-powerful shots that just gib most enemies outright, that loud-as-F***-and-awesome sound the HEK makes compared to the Boltor.

Should I go for fun or overall-practicality? I need help here, and I don't know when the next time I'll get a blue potato will be.

I would honestly try to wait till update 9 or until the new double barrel shotgun comes out since you seem to like the shotguns

I love the HEK. I tolerated the Strun and hated the Boar; as for a new double barrel, I'll have to wait and see if it's an alert-only like the Glaive, a market BP, or a clan weapon. By U9, they'll probably have a blue tater alert to commemorate the new big update.

Well it is Thursday! Wait at least until tomorrow and see what the Tenno reinforcements are!

I was under the impression that we might get that shotgun before Update 9.

Edited by Rudest

Well it is Thursday! Wait at least until tomorrow and see what the Tenno reinforcements are!

I was under the impression that we might get that shotgun before Update 9.

A new batch of weapons coming out tomorrow?

I HEKHUNDRED% percent advise you to potato it.

The double barrel, I presume will have Great spread, highest damage, derpest range, lowest clip size, and meh reload, But that is merely one man's quick thought analysis on it, I think hek is a better partner for lex. Also they both are simple three letter awesome sounding names, now they just need to release a sawlike melee weapon called the Jag or something and you're set.

I HEKHUNDRED% percent advise you to potato it.

The double barrel, I presume will have Great spread, highest damage, derpest range, lowest clip size, and meh reload, But that is merely one man's quick thought analysis on it, I think hek is a better partner for lex. Also they both are simple three letter awesome sounding names, now they just need to release a sawlike melee weapon called the Jag or something and you're set.

>.> I find this reasoning to be next to flawless. I mean. The part where if you do love your Hek, and enjoying it especially when paired with the Lex? What else really matters?

>.> I find this reasoning to be next to flawless. I mean. The part where if you do love your Hek, and enjoying it especially when paired with the Lex? What else really matters?

Flying grineers :D

So I put it in the HEK and gave the HEK a V Polarity slots for Hell's Chamber and it's almost at Rank 30 again and holy crap am I ever glad I put the potato in the HEK and not the Boltor. A couple - Polarity slots for the 11 cost elemental damage mods and I should be able to get maxed out damage, multishot, +2 rounds, and +30% reload speed to maximize the murder potential.