Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Idea to make Sorties more challanging and appealing

JericoHellsangel

Greetings everyone.

As you know the current Endgame missions are endless Fissures and sorties. There is still a problem, Sorties are "relatively" easy. Most of the modifiers are not noticible or can be ignored, the highest LvL is 100 and you can do each mission with a different frame and squad. I´ve been in the situation alot that i had to carry MR 5-15 people, i even had the situation a couple times where the whole Squad (outside of me) was MR 5/6/5. But i still managed to carry them without to many problems. Sorties are less of an Endgame section and more of a "i have 30 min left i can quickly do the 3 sorties" for many people including me.

Now the other connected problem is that thats reflected by the Sortie Rewards. Lower to mid lvl players will find them good and nice but higher lvl players look at it and are like "hopefully i get a riven mod or legendary core, rest i don´t care". And once the desired Riven mods dropped, Sortie missions just get dropped until new/better rewards come in.

So how could it be adressed?

a) Make 3 Tiers of Sorties.

Tier 1: 3 Missions from lvl 90-110 Rewards: Catalyst/Reactor BP; Forma; Exilus Adapter BP; 2500 Endo; 5000 Endo; 3 Days Recource/Credit Booster; Small Focus Lenses; [5 Sortie Tokens]

This would appeal to newer players since all the Rewards are Smaller and help to boost them further.

Tier 2: 4 Missions from 120-150 Rewards : Catalyst/Reactor; 3 Forma; Exilus Adapter; 5000 Endo; 10000 Endo; Greater Focus Lens; Riven mods; [10 Sortie Tokens]

Now that we are middle to higher MR players we need better Builds with multiple Forma for our Frames and Weapons. The missions are harder now but also quite rewarding.

Tier 3: 5 Missions from 160-200 Rewards: 5 Forma; Exilus Adapter; 10000 Endo; 25000 Endo; Legendary Core; 3 Riven Mods; [25 Sortie Tokens]

After the Builds are done and refined, now it´s time to perfect them. Alot of mods are R10 mods and require alot of endo and credits to max them. Because Credits are way easier to farm but endo is not, this helps ALOT.

The Sortie Tokens are guaranteed to get with the random rewards. These Tokens can be farmed and Spend in a Trade Shop in Maroos Basar where you can buy yourself the Rewards (except the endo since it´s a common drop and a Legendary Core could cost like 1000 Tokens, this would be 25 Days of farming all 3 Tier Sorties), Cosmetics and other stuff.

b) Make the sortie missions like a Raid and Lock your Loadout for all Missions. This would motivate people at the higher Tiers to Team up and try harder. It would also motivate people which are still at the lower Tiers to gear themselfs up to get those redicilous rewards.

c) Putting in more interesting Modifiers (e.g. "The grineer are experimenting with a new technology, sabotage it and/or kill all the experimental soldiers which explode on death")

Please remember that those are Suggestions and a direction where the Sorties could be expanded into and not how DE should do stuff so please keep the "what a $&*&*#(%& post and $&*&*#(%& poster" comments for yourself.

Ty for reading through all this and have a nice day :)

6 minutes ago, JericoHellsangel said:

so please keep the "what a $&*&*#(%& post and $&*&*#(%& poster" comments for yourself.

You cannot hope to avoid negative feedback regardless if presented in a civil or uncivil fashion.

as for the idea, I think it'll make players cheese the game even harder as this will bring out the true issues people have with exponential enemy EHP scaling and damage. DE did say long ago that their plan was never to gear us for that high a level as they didn't think players would want it and the enemy power was to wall off infinite key value in the old void system. In truth a lot has changed since then and it's evident that the players are in fact interested in high level/difficulty content but simply buffing the numbers up doesn't seem like a way to go. Take how WoW did things: they kept buffing numbers up and up until you could go back a few expansions with the new gear and solo 30+ man raids... At some point Blizzard just cut down a few 0s from all stats to bring things to a normal looking number. In a similar way, you're buffing both mobs and rewards so much, you'll seemingly do more harm than good as you'll make mod leveling trivial with so much endo though I agree we need some more ways to earn potatoes. I like the token and cosmetics idea as well but when it comes to pushing both levels and rewards so much, I think you'll end up making the rest of the content in-game sort of.. redundant and nothing will offer nearly as good rewards.

2 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

You cannot hope to avoid negative feedback regardless if presented in a civil or uncivil fashion.

as for the idea, I think it'll make players cheese the game even harder as this will bring out the true issues people have with exponential enemy EHP scaling and damage. DE did say long ago that their plan was never to gear us for that high a level as they didn't think players would want it and the enemy power was to wall off infinite key value in the old void system. In truth a lot has changed since then and it's evident that the players are in fact interested in high level/difficulty content but simply buffing the numbers up doesn't seem like a way to go. Take how WoW did things: they kept buffing numbers up and up until you could go back a few expansions with the new gear and solo 30+ man raids... At some point Blizzard just cut down a few 0s from all stats to bring things to a normal looking number. In a similar way, you're buffing both mobs and rewards so much, you'll seemingly do more harm than good as you'll make mod leveling trivial with so much endo though I agree we need some more ways to earn potatoes. I like the token and cosmetics idea as well but when it comes to pushing both levels and rewards so much, I think you'll end up making the rest of the content in-game sort of.. redundant and nothing will offer nearly as good rewards.

indeed, Scaling is still an issue and cc is still top dog when it comes to high end content. But when you look into the content we have right now, for most of the sorties, you don´t even need cc, it is easy enough that you can do them with a full damage squad. Most enemies are boring. I wish in the corpus missions there would be no nullifier but a way bigger number on Scrambus and Comba which also spawn earlier and are paired with hayenas and bursas. Thats something i would´ve fun playing against. And we need way more of those mechanicly interesting enemies in all factions, minibosses which spawn from time to time (actual minibosses with interesting abilities rather then just stat upgrades). Also if you make those enemy types like bursas imune to cc, you would negate alot of those cheese since you can still cc trashmobs but for the harder enemies, you need focus... not the ability but like actually focusing the enemy down.

No need for all that jazz TBH. Just put in Endo and Tokens at the end of each sortie mission, and it should be kinda lucrative to run. Add in better rewards for those tokens, and the sorties become better to run (albeit grindy still).

And yes, you said it yourself, only some of the modifiers are easy, the rest aren't. They look easy because they can be cheesed, something that can't be addressed one at a time because enemy scaling is broken, and may not be fixed till long later. Try running a Sniper-rifle only 80-100 sortie versus Corpus or infested, it should be harder than usual, or killing Lephantis melee only.

Although, yes, some sortie missions are easy, the rewards don't match the missions anyways. Imagine running 3 endless-type missions, just for 2k endo.

Sorties shouldn't have any higher level. As already said, it would only encourage cheese, or rather more cheese because Corpus sorties are pain already.

As for rewards, I think that, instead of tiers, every mission should reward something. Right now there are three tiers plus legendary core. Mission one should award common stuff, mission two- uncommon and mission three rare with a chance for core

8 minutes ago, MrM1 said:

Or just use bad equipment (''bad'' weapons as MK1 Braton, etc. without mods; same goes to the warframe).

There you got your challenge.

Well this is something you do if you play with 3 friends or clanmates while drunk or don´t care about anything and if you still manage to win just with unranked and unmodded frames and mk1 weapons then you can consider yourself as God of Warframe anyway >.>

9 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

No need for all that jazz TBH. Just put in Endo and Tokens at the end of each sortie mission, and it should be kinda lucrative to run. Add in better rewards for those tokens, and the sorties become better to run (albeit grindy still).

And yes, you said it yourself, only some of the modifiers are easy, the rest aren't. They look easy because they can be cheesed, something that can't be addressed one at a time because enemy scaling is broken, and may not be fixed till long later. Try running a Sniper-rifle only 80-100 sortie versus Corpus or infested, it should be harder than usual, or killing Lephantis melee only.

Although, yes, some sortie missions are easy, the rewards don't match the missions anyways. Imagine running 3 endless-type missions, just for 2k endo.

I said most are easy. Sniper Rifle against infested is actually easy, use lanka with Gas and you have your weapon of mass destruction. There should be way more modifiers and way more interesting ones which would require more attention instead of cheese. Corpus missions are a pain because of nullifiers. If they would be deleted and the comba and scrambus would be added instead of them, they would be annoying but not frustrating. And i kinda agree with the endless 2k endo situation though when you farm endo on lets say hieracon, you still farm other stuff like relics and recources.

13 minutes ago, Slaviar said:

Sorties shouldn't have any higher level. As already said, it would only encourage cheese, or rather more cheese because Corpus sorties are pain already.

As for rewards, I think that, instead of tiers, every mission should reward something. Right now there are three tiers plus legendary core. Mission one should award common stuff, mission two- uncommon and mission three rare with a chance for core

If the sorties would be harder due to better enemies (more interesting ones like bursa or hayenas) and that for all factions combined with harder and more interesting modifiers then yes, getting a reward in each of the 3 missions would be a great idea.

9 minutes ago, JericoHellsangel said:

If the sorties would be harder due to better enemies (more interesting ones like bursa or hayenas) and that for all factions combined with harder and more interesting modifiers then yes, getting a reward in each of the 3 missions would be a great idea.

Hyena Th is like old Shock Eximus. Magnetic proc just by being near it is cheap. Other Hyenas are OK though.

Only mobs I consider interesting are Manics. Juggernauts would be too if they didn't insatkill us