Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The mystery of the abandoned station (IC-Open), (Possibly 18+, I won't stop you directly)

Sharpstriker

27 minutes ago, Sharpstriker said:

A single flak shell makes it past your defenses and explodes relatively close to you, startling you and slightly knocking off balance. You then see two of the enemy rapidly approaching you and in melee range. The other are at a distance preparing to fire.

Your repel stuns them and you destroy them with your rockets. However the third squad of six starts firing from behind you.

The volume of fire is enough to overwhelm your shields and hit you. You have 4 bullets in you send three in your archwing. 

Because of disarray, the flak canons aren't focusing on you, but will in a few seconds. The soldier slowly approach you and are in close range to you.

"Ah crap, you're gonna pay dearly for that" Zeph turns to face them putting up energy shell and equipping his centaur and channeling energy into it before driving it through the closest enemy and using them as a shield to close the gap on the others before slicing them. "This is what I live for, it might be what I die for but it's worth the thrill and risk nothing else can give me" Zeph hears himself say in his head. "Gotta stay focused, don't let your anger get the best of you" He hears a second voice. unsure of who it is but it feels familiar.

1 hour ago, Sharpstriker said:

The two of you get within 8 km and the direct hit shells stop firing, though the timed ones still continue to fire.

Ordis: "New projectiles incoming, they seem to be similar to missiles. 28 in total, and there seem to be more after them."

The valkyr rolled her eyes. "Dumbfires or Track IRs ?" She asked.

The two of you get within 8 km and the direct hit shells stop firing, though the timed ones still continue to fire.

Ordis: "New projectiles incoming, they seem to be similar to missiles. 28 in total, and there seem to be more after them."

Kain activated core vent again, confusing the timed shells to fly in different directions, away from the nekros p

A single flak shell makes it past your defenses and explodes relatively close to you, startling you and slightly knocking off balance. You then see two of the enemy rapidly approaching you and in melee range. The other are at a distance preparing to fire.

Your repel stuns them and you destroy them with your rockets. However the third squad of six starts firing from behind you.

The volume of fire is enough to overwhelm your shields and hit you. You have 4 bullets in you send three in your archwing. 

Because of disarray, the flak canons aren't focusing on you, but will in a few seconds. The soldier slowly approach you and are in close range to you.

After regaining her balance ember engages the close combatants with her veritux channel energy through the blade and doing her best to keep at least one of them between her and the ones trying to engage from range. "Ordis monitor the flak shells and if necessary launch disarray" she commands her  anger and frustration evident in her voice.

On 3/21/2017 at 0:10 PM, (PS4)LastDoomKnight said:

"Hey, hey! Nothing like some good old lewwwwt, amirite? I'll take a quick look around, ok Suros?" Adriax filled his frame with speed, then proceeded to shoot around the platform, opening the crates.

Of the crates you open, you find food, medical supplies, water, firearms (though nothing of note), ammo, some explosives, and credits that seemed way too outdated.

On 3/21/2017 at 0:21 PM, Zephyrinius_ said:

"Ah crap, you're gonna pay dearly for that" Zeph turns to face them putting up energy shell and equipping his centaur and channeling energy into it before driving it through the closest enemy and using them as a shield to close the gap on the others before slicing them. "This is what I live for, it might be what I die for but it's worth the thrill and risk nothing else can give me" Zeph hears himself say in his head. "Gotta stay focused, don't let your anger get the best of you" He hears a second voice. unsure of who it is but it feels familiar.

You impale this soldier with ease causing him to explode (though the reason why alludes you), and you make it to the others quickly.

your slash cuts two of them as the other three disperse.

The one in front of you opens fire, and these little attachments to the side of its hips opens up, and mini rockets race towards you.

The other two move to what the believe to be your blind side and open fire.

Finally, Ordis informs you that the flak canons have begun targeting you again.

On 3/21/2017 at 1:01 PM, (PS4)emccann115 said:

After regaining her balance ember engages the close combatants with her veritux channel energy through the blade and doing her best to keep at least one of them between her and the ones trying to engage from range. "Ordis monitor the flak shells and if necessary launch disarray" she commands her  anger and frustration evident in her voice.

You slice through the two, and because of your position, the four body parts are in between you and the other four enemy.

The open fire causing the bodies to be torn to shreds. Because the bodies were there to slow the bullets down, the damage towards you was minimal. However, the four prepare for another volley. 

Ordis also tells you that the flak canons have locked on.

On 3/21/2017 at 0:53 PM, ShaneKahnnigan17 said:

The valkyr rolled her eyes. "Dumbfires or Track IRs ?" She asked.

Ordis: "they seem to track IRs"

On 3/21/2017 at 0:56 PM, crimsonspartan1 said:

Kain activated core vent again, confusing the timed shells to fly in different directions, away from the nekros p

The core vent causes the rockets to detonate before reaching you.

3 hours ago, Sharpstriker said:

Ordis: "they seem to track IRs"

"Great. Infrared tracking is what I really needed. Scan the station, find me the blueprints. I wanna know how many screws are there and how much death can it actually throw at me."

6 hours ago, Sharpstriker said:

You impale this soldier with ease causing him to explode (though the reason why alludes you), and you make it to the others quickly.

The one in front of you opens fire, and these little attachments to the side of its hips opens up, and mini rockets race towards you.

"Crap, Thanks for the heads up Ordis" Zeph activates energy shell and repel using his grattler to take out the one firing rockets, hoping the other two are busy being out of range. "These guys don't let up easily do they Zeph, maybe you finally met your match?" Zeph heard the familiar voice again, "No, I've been hit with worse and still made it back, albeit nearly dying but I'll get out of this, I got revenge to have remember?" He replied back to the voice in his head "Now shut up so I can concentrate"

You slice through the two, and because of your position, the four body parts are in between you and the other four enemy.

The open fire causing the bodies to be torn to shreds. Because the bodies were there to slow the bullets down, the damage towards you was minimal. However, the four prepare for another volley. 

Ordis also tells you that the flak canons have locked on.

Ember activists energy shell and flies towards the remaining combatants planing to get them between her and the flak cannon.

Edited by (PS4)emccann115

14 hours ago, Sharpstriker said:

Of the crates you open, you find food, medical supplies, water, firearms (though nothing of note), ammo, some explosives, and credits that seemed way too outdated.

"Well, I mean if you want any of this stuff, it's up for grabs." Adriax said to the rhino. A second or two later, a curious look crawled on to his operators face. "Say, since we haven't had much time to talk as of late, and it seems like a bit of a ride 'till we get to the labs, what brought you here? Me personally, I was just doing the usual, among......some other things too, but what's your story?" ((@MarkCT3312))

Edited by (PS4)LastDoomKnight

On 3/23/2017 at 3:22 AM, ShaneKahnnigan17 said:

"Great. Infrared tracking is what I really needed. Scan the station, find me the blueprints. I wanna know how many screws are there and how much death can it actually throw at me."

Ordis: "I'm sorry operator, but I don't think I can obtain that information given the situation we're in."

On 3/23/2017 at 3:55 AM, crimsonspartan1 said:

Kain soon resumed to flying to the station

The next volley of rockets are about to hit, and the following volley is not to far behind.

The rockets enter into the range of core vent and detonate, however, core vents time limit ends.

Right as you notice this, the following volley races towards you.

Doing the math in your head, you won't be able to put up core vent fast enough to cause the rockets to detonate at a safe distance.

On 3/23/2017 at 5:25 AM, Zephyrinius_ said:

"Crap, Thanks for the heads up Ordis" Zeph activates energy shell and repel using his grattler to take out the one firing rockets, hoping the other two are busy being out of range. "These guys don't let up easily do they Zeph, maybe you finally met your match?" Zeph heard the familiar voice again, "No, I've been hit with worse and still made it back, albeit nearly dying but I'll get out of this, I got revenge to have remember?" He replied back to the voice in his head "Now shut up so I can concentrate"

You and the one in front of you exchange fire. The rockets hit your shield, dealing no damage to you. Your attack destroys it. 

The two soldiers around you fire upon you dealing damage to your back.

The flak canons commence firing on your general area.

(( what do you do?))

On 3/23/2017 at 5:54 AM, (PS4)emccann115 said:

Ember activists energy shell and flies towards the remaining combatants planing to get them between her and the flak cannon.

They don't make it easy as they retreat in different directions while firing at you.

You can also hear the sound of flak canon explosions behind you and getting closer.

18 minutes ago, Sharpstriker said:

You and the one in front of you exchange fire. The rockets hit your shield, dealing no damage to you. Your attack destroys it. 

(( what do you do?))

They don't make it easy as they retreat in different directions while firing at you.

You can also hear the sound of flak canon explosions behind you and getting closer.

"Damn it to the void!!" Ember turns activating both energy shell and repel.

31 minutes ago, Sharpstriker said:

Ordis: "I'm sorry operator, but I don't think I can obtain that information given the situation we're in."

The next volley of rockets are about to hit, and the following volley is not to far behind.

The rockets enter into the range of core vent and detonate, however, core vents time limit ends.

Right as you notice this, the following volley races towards you.

Doing the math in your head, you won't be able to put up core vent fast enough to cause the rockets to detonate at a safe distance.

Kain decides to fly upwards and then kept on flying around at high speeds, hoping the missles would collide into something other than himself, and hopefully detonate at a safe distance

34 minutes ago, Sharpstriker said:

(( what do you do?))

"That leaves two" Zeph drops a health pad to recover some of the damage and activates seeking fire and targets the one closest with all the missiles hoping there are too many for it to avoid "Should deal with you, now for your friend" Zeph turns to the other and uses his energy shell to defend against any incoming fire as he draws closer to them and quickly slices at it with his centaur while trying to avoid any flak incoming.

5 hours ago, Sharpstriker said:

"Alright. I would be happy if you could at least use your Override function and disable security for a moment so that I can get inside." She asked again.

7 minutes ago, ShaneKahnnigan17 said:

"Alright. I would be happy if you could at least use your Override function and disable security for a moment so that I can get inside." She asked again.

Ordis: "I'm sorry operator, I'm afraid I can't do that. We're too far away, plus this place seem to foreign for me to infiltrate."

5 hours ago, (PS4)emccann115 said:

"Damn it to the void!!" Ember turns activating both energy shell and repel.

Your situation does not change, except that three of the four are circling around while you chase one.

5 hours ago, Zephyrinius_ said:

"That leaves two" Zeph drops a health pad to recover some of the damage and activates seeking fire and targets the one closest with all the missiles hoping there are too many for it to avoid "Should deal with you, now for your friend" Zeph turns to the other and uses his energy shell to defend against any incoming fire as he draws closer to them and quickly slices at it with his centaur while trying to avoid any flak incoming.

((Because you prioritized the enemy over the canons in the first maneuver))

You overwhelm the one with rockets, however you get slightly overwhelmed with flak shots leaving you in dire straits, however you grit your teeth and charge at the final one, avoiding anymore flak shots, as you cut this last guy down. 

You see the ember in dire straits herself, but your body is crying out in pain and slightly going numb, plus the flak canons aren't going to let up just because you're gravely injured:

5 hours ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Kain decides to fly upwards and then kept on flying around at high speeds, hoping the missles would collide into something other than himself, and hopefully detonate at a safe distance

They follow you, but don't collide with each other as you wanted. "They must have a program that lets them know the location of other rockets" you think to yourself.

they're hot on your heels and don't seem to let up on their pursuit of you. They are also close enough that detonating them would injure you. 

Ordis: "Operator, do you have any maneuvers up your sleeve?"

5 hours ago, Sharpstriker said:

They follow you, but don't collide with each other as you wanted. "They must have a program that lets them know the location of other rockets" you think to yourself.

they're hot on your heels and don't seem to let up on their pursuit of you. They are also close enough that detonating them would injure you. 

Ordis: "Operator, do you have any maneuvers up your sleeve?"

((I...I have nothing))

((Kain appears to be screwed.))

((Because you prioritized the enemy over the canons in the first maneuver))

You overwhelm the one with rockets, however you get slightly overwhelmed with flak shots leaving you in dire straits, however you grit your teeth and charge at the final one, avoiding anymore flak shots, as you cut this last guy down. 

You see the ember in dire straits herself, but your body is crying out in pain and slightly going numb, plus the flak canons aren't going to let up just because you're gravely injured:

"Gotta.. keep... fighting... can't let another... die..." Zeph turns to have his energy shell facing the flak cannons and drops one of the last of his health pads "Ordis, how screwed am I on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being completely dead" Zeph tries to move towards Ember keeping his energy shell towards the station, Zeph pulls his grattler up and fire at the ones circling Ember "You're gonna lose another Zeph, what next? Going to just watch all your brothers and sisters in arms die? Pitiful weakling, there's nothing you can do to save her" Zeph froze for a second, he realised this who this voice is now. "I remember you now. I'm sorry I couldn't save you... I'm sorry I ran... but it won't happen again" Zeph continued firing but in the path of the flak going towards Ember in a hope to intercept it while she deals with the enemies until he's close enough to use his remaining health pads.

On 3/23/2017 at 2:36 PM, (PS4)LastDoomKnight said:

"Well, I mean if you want any of this stuff, it's up for grabs." Adriax said to the rhino. A second or two later, a curious look crawled on to his operators face. "Say, since we haven't had much time to talk as of late, and it seems like a bit of a ride 'till we get to the labs, what brought you here? Me personally, I was just doing the usual, among......some other things too, but what's your story?" ((@MarkCT3312))

Suros grabed so ammo and one out dated credit.

"I was just flying around when I saw this relay. Figured it was worth taking a look...and here I am!"