Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random focus questions

ThunderZsolt

Question

So, since I keep getting lenses from sorties, I've decided to use them, and max the 3 "lesser" (also known as "useless") focus schools.

However, some descriptions of the passives aren't 100% clear to me, and I would max the useful passives first.

So, about unairu's stone shape does increase

• base armor
  • modded value of the armor (steel fiber, armored agility and stand united)
  • it increases other armor sources too? (vex armor, scarab swarm, hallowed ground, health conversion)

See, the usefullness depends on this a lot.

The other one which is unclear, is vazarin's retaliation. It reflects 10% of damage taken. So, how does it work?

• it makes you take 10% less damage, and that part is reflected to the enemies
  • enemies take 10% if the incoming damage, you take 100% of it
  • the game calculates how much damage will you take to shields and health (after armor mitigation) and applies that to the enemies. (in this case it doesn't work while hysteria/defy invuln is active)

And finally, does enemy armor reduce the reflected damage? Again, this could be somewhat useful on tanky frames, but even Chroma has little effective HP compared to the enemies.

5 answers to this question

Unaru is the only useless school. All of the others have a very distinct advantage and reason to use.

Even though I have like half of Unaru unlocked I couldn't tell you much about it. I've not tested anything and few people have.

Damage reflection is the only bad node in Vazarin, Ignore it.  I've not tested anything on it  It's the only node I don't have unlocked for Vazain. Damage reflection is an awful mechanic in this game. Even if it ignored mitigation on either side it would still be bad. Enemies could do finisher damage to each other and it would still scale like crap.

Madurai's IPS passives give +80% physical damage. I use it often. Works esp well on an all physical build.

9 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Unaru is the only useless school. All of the others have a very distinct advantage and reason to use.

Even though I have like half of Unaru unlocked I couldn't tell you much about it. I've not tested anything and few people have.

Damage reflection is the only bad node in Vazarin, Ignore it.  I've not tested anything on it  It's the only node I don't have unlocked for Vazain. Damage reflection is an awful mechanic in this game. Even if it ignored mitigation on either side it would still be bad. Enemies could do finisher damage to each other and it would still scale like crap.

Madurai's IPS passives give +80% physical damage. I use it often. Works esp well on an all physical build.

Madurai's IPS give 90% and work like elemental mods, adding a % of your base damage.  It's like a free 90% elemental mod, if that's worth it to you.

Edited by Callback

1 hour ago, Callback said:

Madurai's IPS give 90% and work like elemental mods, adding a % of total base damage.  It's like a free 90% elemental mod, if that's worth it to you.

Madurai adds 30%physical damage which is modified by damage mods like Serration.

It gives considerably more than a 90% elemental in an all physical build.

It gives my pure physical builds +80% total damage output. It also improves Bleeds and gives about +25% total damage output to a typical crit gun build.

Edit: I actually find Zenurik to be the 2nd least useful school. Once you have a 10 stack Arcane Energize; the energy regen from Zenurik becomes largely redundant. I only use it on my Mesa, Chroma and a specific Nyx build otherwise I use Naramon, Vazarin or Madurai.

Edited by Xzorn

11 minutes ago, Krumplifej said:

That is like half year (or even more) doing the J3 raid each day or 3 000 plat :-O

Also, you can only put it on one syandana, which would completely break fashionframe (main reason I don't use arcanes)

I'm just saying there comes a point in progression when Zenurik is one of the less useful schools.

It's just a matter of perspective, like a lot of Power related things in this game.

I think it's at 4k now since they fixed the J3 exploit.