Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What am I missing?

Sanist

Question

I'm still pretty new to the game. I think I have a couple of things figured out, but I'm missing something. I'm on my third planet, and almost have mastery level 3. I maxxed out my starter gear (Excalibur, Mk-1 Paris, Mk-1 Kunai, and Skana) a long time ago. I finally crafted upgrades to my primary/secondary (Boltor/Furis) but I have no idea where to find new warframes/melee weapons to rank up. I have most of the blueprints for Rhino, but from what I can see, I won't be finding the materials I need for quite some time. Am I really that far from finding new warframes/melees? Or am I missing something?     Thanks!

6 answers to this question

You can buy blueprints for weapons in the market for credits, and you can research and buy more weapon blueprints from a clan dojo. as you progress through the juntcions, you may also get weapon blueprints as rewards. for now, make sure to continue working your way through the junctions and upgrading your essential mods (serration, pressure point, fury ETC.) and if youre not already in one, get into a clan.

I've been playing on a new account and got plenty of melees. Some melee weapon blueprints are alert rewards, some you can buy from the market with credits. You can also buy the other pre-built MK1 weapons (including MK1 Furax and MK1 Bo, which are melee weapons) from the market with credits.

Non-Prime Warframe blueprints are found from bosses on most planets. Venus would be the lowest level boss with a Warframe, which is where you got your Rhino blueprints. Mercury instead gives parts and the blueprint for the Seer secondary. Earth has a boss with a Warframe but it's pretty high level and requires you to have an archwing if you want to clear the way to the node yourself.

New frames do take a bit of work to get with the newest iteration of the star chart I admit... Notably getting Neural Sensors Nano Spores and Plastids can be a tough hurdle for newer players. Just start pushing to the outer edge of the system and you'll get the materials soon enough.

I have noticed that doing the Ayatan Hunt missions in Maroo's Bazaar and even some quest missions will either send you to nodes on planets you haven't unlocked yet , or just give materials that drop on planets you haven't unlocked. Ayatan Hunt missions often take place in the derelict so you can get Nano Spores early on there.

Edited by AXCrusnik

Warframe BPs drop from planet bosses.

Weapon BPs (and the BPs to put the Warframe pieces together) are bought for credits in the market. The first few times you're buying PAY ATTENTION to which button you're pressing as you can also buy a finished weapon or warframe for Platinum, which is the real money equivalent currency in the game.

Awesome. Thanks for the quick responses everyone. I got the MK-1 Bo Staff so that should get me some mastery for now. I've gotten quite a few blueprints, especially from my relics so I should have lots to build once I get more materials (like plastids). 

Also, does buying blueprints from the market give the component blueprints as well?