Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning player: how to get better

Dugarart

Question

Well, hiya! As the title implies, I am a returning player of Warframe trying to get better, and most importantly, do more damage.

I stopped shortly after the Pharoah Warframe update. And I stopped because, like I said, I wasn't doing enough damage. And  then I was dying often and really sucking. So are they are any big tips that can help me out? A good place to point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance. 

3 answers to this question

Well, for weapons, stuff like pressure point and serration are helpful if you can get them high enough, the rest of the damage is usually from elemental combos. Blood rush and body count help a lot for melee if you have them. (and there was another combo that I'm not keeping track of).  If you wanna do more damage with just abilities, just stack power strength with stuff like blind rage, transient fortitude, intensify, etc., but remember their penalties and find a good balance of it with your kit. Also keep in mind how some abilities can work with your weapon loadout. I won't tell you what to do because its up to how you want to play, but play around with different frames and different weapons.

The wikia is also a good place to check on a weapon for its stats, and Youtubers generally have some pretty informative videos on whatever you're looking into. With the information you're given from these sources, you can get an idea of what kind of mods you'd want on a weapon/warframe. Some videos will even show you a working build. Tweak that to your own desire. 

7 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

You want damage? Well it's time to Ti-Ti-Ti-Ti-Tigris! No really, even the normal Tigris is good, but you should still upgrade to either of the two other variants (Sanct & Prime).

Exactly, since the day I got my first tigris (after the damage buff) my skin is clean and I got 7 girlfriends.

But tbh, it's a beast, I don't even use forma and I one-shot level 80 grineer easily.