Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe on Mac?

KoboldMKB

Question

My friend is interested in warframe, but since she only has a Macbook Pro, she'll probably have to download Windows on her Mac, and then download Warframe from there.

My question is, would that work? I don't see why it wouldn't, but since my computer expertise doesn't go beyond keyboard shortcuts, I thought it would be smart to ask someone who has more experience with computers.

3 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, KoboldMKB said:

My friend is interested in warframe, but since she only has a Macbook Pro, she'll probably have to download Windows on her Mac, and then download Warframe from there.

My question is, would that work? I don't see why it wouldn't, but since my computer expertise doesn't go beyond keyboard shortcuts, I thought it would be smart to ask someone who has more experience with computers.

If she did an actual Windows install where it's got it's own partition, that should work.

If she's trying to do some shenanigans with technology based on Wine (like Cider, Cedega, etc), then she may have issues.

From what I recall though, Macbooks aren't terribly powerful when it comes to graphics, so she may not be able to play on the highest graphical settings because it's a Mac.

13 minutes ago, KoboldMKB said:

bootcamp.

https://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/

5 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

If she did an actual Windows install where it's got it's own partition, that should work.

If she's trying to do some shenanigans with technology based on Wine (like Cider, Cedega, etc), then she may have issues.

From what I recall though, Macbooks aren't terribly powerful when it comes to graphics, so she may not be able to play on the highest graphical settings because it's a Mac.

That's alright. She doesn't care much about graphics. She's actually stunned that warframe can look as pretty as it does even on minimum settings, 800x600 windowed mode. (My settings, because my computer is a potato as well)

5 hours ago, Wevi said:

Thanks a lot. I'm sure it'll come in handy.