The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Help me not to go insane

Sgt_celwix

Hi there fellow Tenno reading this.

I will go straight to my problem and that is fps drops and performance.

I played this game for a long time now, but I can't help this anymore. I get insane fps drops on a rather good PC

SPECS:

AMD APU A10 7870K

GTX 960 4GB

8GB RAM

All drivers are up to date, I get around 200 fps in Liset, but in the back of any relay I get 45fps, if it's crowded then 35 fps, and on any map my fps gets dropped down if there are more than 15 enemies. I tried it on low settings, high settings, with launcher options checked, unchecked, nothing helped.

If anyone has any idea, I can answer any further spec questions, I am just desperate to find a solution to this problem, because it's frustrating how the game runs on 40 fps with this setup.

Try checking NVIDIA control panel Power Saving Mode - if it's not set to Maximum performance then set it to Maximum performance (If you don't want to change it for every application than set it to Warframe.exe) 

Maybe the problem is elsewhere, but got to check the basics, right? 
I had 40-50 fps in Warframe and by changing power settings to performance it increased to 200.

2 hours ago, WingsOfGryphin said:

Try checking NVIDIA control panel Power Saving Mode - if it's not set to Maximum performance then set it to Maximum performance (If you don't want to change it for every application than set it to Warframe.exe) 

Maybe the problem is elsewhere, but got to check the basics, right? 
I had 40-50 fps in Warframe and by changing power settings to performance it increased to 200.

I already changed it, basicly nothing happened, same fps, same drops

1 hour ago, Sgt_celwix said:

I already changed it, basicly nothing happened, same fps, same drops

hmm. try disabling NVIDIA physics if it's not disabled. 
Other suggestions - Change settings in Warframe Launcher -> uncheck directx 11 and if that doesn't help also uncheck directx 10. Can't think of anything else. But it's kinda wierd how game doesn't even look that different with d11 and d10 disabled lol. 

On 12/16/2016 at 8:16 AM, Sgt_celwix said:

AMD APU A10 7870K

APU's share the bulk of the die with an iGPU. Meaning the CPU's within them are quite small. Warframe is more CPU dependant, than GPU. Hence the framerate issues when more things are in any given level.

Is the issue new, or has it been happening for a while?

7 hours ago, BlooDONER said:

Problem even not in enemies.

When game just launched i got 150 FPS, after 10 min standing in ship it drops to 55

Hide contents

V9EPZXO.jpg

Only relaunch can help for 10-15 minutes.

Phenom II x4 955
GTX 1060 6GB
12 GB RAM

If you haven't done so already, the Devs are looking into GTX 1000 series GPU's with weird performance drop offs over time, you may want to head over there and see if you could help in any way:

I disabled 64bit mode, dx 10 and 11 and that already turned physX off.

The drops are not new, they have been around since I got the cpu, later when I upgraded my gpu I still had drops, I tried to play with motion blur bcs it smoothens the game for me, but recently I started to play more and it bothers me more as well