Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

75 Plat For Red White And Blue?

DirkDeadeye

Seriously guys?

I bought the smoke colors because I had plat, and nothing to buy anything with, other than like potatoes.

But 3 colors? Sold for plat? And a Grinner palette as well.

I'm not against charging for more colors.. I am against charging 5 dollars for essentially BLACK, 5 dollars for what is essentially GREEN, or RED, WHITE and BLUE.

I can simply not buy them. And that is the option I have taken, but in the end I'm missing out on colors that I could use to paint my warframes. I'm scorned from buying more plat given that DE wants to charge such exorbitant prices for cosmetic items, and even the frames themselves..

The thing is about them too, is you can get saturated colors which has the same colors minus some tint for the same price PLUS more (true, the RWB has some tint, but really, it's hard to tell)

This. There is like barely any difference between the R,W,B in the flag pack than in the saturated pack. And the grineer thing...Meh...

if you try them out you can see there is variation. its not just 3 colors.

many other pallets are the same with few colors and some minor variants of the same.

also many colors are repeats you can find in other packs. with future packs likely to offer the same. you will most likely find a pack that suits your needs eventually.

if you dont want, dont buy. nobody is forcing you.

just colors man.

they charge exorbitant prices for low amounts of "return" - e.g. plat, yes, true. 

this was mentioned and will be "adjusted" in the future. (likely a 5-10% drop imo)

i can understand charging plat for ALMOST everything that is listed for plat only EXCEPT COLOR PALETTES.

i mean s**t, frames, most weps, sentinels are all purchasable with credits (yes, u have to farm the parts and mats for a frame, but u can still get the frame bp with credits only)
but how much for some effin colors?!?

plat for colors in the first place is a bit ridiculous, but that much for some dam colors is beyond asinine.

oh and fyi, for anyone that didn't know (unless this was already addressed) u can use the randomize button to use colors that u don't technically have unlocked

i just don't agree with rates as a whole..

Edited by BIackLotus

if you try them out you can see there is variation. its not just 3 colors.

many other pallets are the same with few colors and some minor variants of the same.

also many colors are repeats you can find in other packs. with future packs likely to offer the same. you will most likely find a pack that suits your needs eventually.

if you dont want, dont buy. nobody is forcing you.

just colors man.

I just flipping said that's the measure of action I took. You post outlines the redundancy of these packs, and why they should *not* be so expensive, and why it is a problem.

That doesn't change the fact that there is literally no value in it, and a lot of people would like to see a reduction in price so maybe they will buy them.

Not to mention the holiday themed colors have been on sale for credits in the past.

No instead, let's bury our heads in the sand, and not say anything because these prices don't align with our interests. Let's not try to jostle a little change in how they try and sell these things to us, let's not offer feedback, instead let's just look the other way and not purchase them.

Edited by DirkDeadeye

they charge exorbitant prices for low amounts of "return" - e.g. plat, yes, true. 

this was mentioned and will be "adjusted" in the future. (likely a 5-10% drop imo)

i can understand charging plat for ALMOST everything that is listed for plat only EXCEPT COLOR PALETTES.

i mean s**t, frames, most weps, sentinels are all purchasable with credits (yes, u have to farm the parts and mats for a frame, but u can still get the frame bp with credits only)

but how much for some effin colors?!?

plat for colors in the first place is a bit ridiculous, but that much for some dam colors is beyond asinine.

oh and fyi, for anyone that didn't know (unless this was already addressed) u can use the randomize button to use colors that u don't technically have unlocked

i just don't agree with rates as a whole..

Basically cosmetics is the only reasonable place for platinum.That and the rush buttons etc. that are pay for convenience.

But yes the new palletes need some serious thinking with their prices.Some other things too.

Edited by Blackhog

Basically cosmetics is the only reasonable place for platinum.That and the rush buttons etc. that are pay for convenience.

But yes the new palletes need some serious thinking with their prices.Some other things too.

This I agree with

But there need to be a level of value..and it's not there currently

I think they need to start selling "patterned colors" (see Global Agenda) and probably metallic hues (gold, silver, brass, etc). Other than that, I don't see how they can keep adding colors without running out of ideas. Who's gonna buy #3302FF when you already have #3300FF.

EDIT: maybe some color sets with subtle textures (hex, scaly or net textures for example).

Edited by The_Doc

Considering the Easter colour pack was free and actually has more than 3 colours, it's pretty strange that they're charging 75 for 3 colours that are in almost any other pack. Selling black/white by itself is slightly more reasonable because black is coveted.

they should make 75 plat palete, 15plat for one colour.  or something like that

If they do that, single colors will always be more expensive if bought one at a time than a bundle of colors. That's how bundles work.

I think that if they're going to add lots of color packs, they're probably better off lowering the prices to 35 platinum to ensure that as many players as possible buy them. Oh and it goes without saying, if they add effects like reflections or metallics, I'm going to be one platinum poor Tenno :D

Honestly, I'd be fine with color packs costing 75 plat if they had more color variety.

I sampled the RWB pack today... while there are MINISCULE variations in the 3 tones, it's so insignificant, you'd never be able to tell the difference in-game.

You are literally paying 5$ for 3 colors, just like you'd pay 5$ for black from the Smoke pack (Although I bought Smoke just cuz I wanted to have the option.)

DE, please take this message to heart:

While it's fine to charge platinum for cosmetic options, it'd be nice to make the cosmetic options worth buying. Either add more variety to each color pack release (I really like the Storm and Grineer packs) or, when you want to release a less varied color pack (like Infested, RWB, or Smoke) you can charge LESS for it.

Edited by Ace4225

Honestly, I'd be fine with color packs costing 75 plat if they had more color variety.

I sampled the RWB pack today... while there are MINISCULE variations in the 3 tones, it's so insignificant, you'd never be able to tell the difference in-game.

You are literally paying 5$ for 3 colors, just like you'd pay 5$ for black from the Smoke pack (Although I bought Smoke just cuz I wanted to have the option.)

DE, please take this message to heart:

While it's fine to charge platinum for cosmetic options, it'd be nice to make the cosmetic options worth buying. Either add more variety to each color pack release (I really like the Storm and Grineer packs) or, when you want to release a less varied color pack (like Infested, RWB, or Smoke) you can charge LESS for it.

e.g. "you get what you pay for" right?

i honestly wonder how many people actually bought that bs 4th of july color palette... and of those, how many want a refund XD

I take it that I am the only person who realised that you can not only clearly see the Red White and Blue's lack of variety in the image, but you can even try the colours out to further confirm that, if you bought it, and aren't happy for that reason, you are at fault for being dumb enough to buy it.