Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats all changed?

(PSN)XXUNDER_0ATHX

Question

So i haven't seriously played warframe since update 17. I played the second dream update for about two days to do the quest. So today i decided to play it again and a lot looks like its changed with the war within compared to the second dream.

I understand endo is now used to upgrade mods, solar map looks different, but is there anything major or different that i should know about that i don't know yet?

Also, is this being posted in the right forum section? i hardly ever use the forums.

Edited by (PS4)XXUNDER_0ATHX

4 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

There really isn't all that much that's changed significantly aside from the star map and void rewards.

Feel free to be specific about things you don't understand though.

Other then some UI changes(market) to get used, it doesn't seem like that is much different. Endo seems to just randomly drop from enemies or obtained by converting old mods into endo. the junction markers on the star map seem like a list of things to do to get rewards.

However i am confused about this Lith void relic(?) i got. I assuming these are the new kind of tower keys or such since tower keys don't seem to be a thing anymore.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)XXUNDER_0ATHX said:

Other then some UI changes(market) to get used, it doesn't seem like that is much different. Endo seems to just randomly drop from enemies or obtained by converting old mods into endo. the junction markers on the star map seem like a list of things to do to get rewards.

However i am confused about this Lith void relic(?) i got. I assuming these are the new kind of tower keys or such since tower keys don't seem to be a thing anymore.

Endo is practically identical to cores but it's more like a currency than an item.

Relics are simple. You pick a void fissure mission, in one of four eras (lith, neo, mesa and axi). You pick a relic from your inventory that matches that mission's era. You do the mission, pick up the reactant that drops, and you get your reward.

40 minutes ago, (PS4)XXUNDER_0ATHX said:

Relics replaced keys, yes.

On your navigation console you will see right next to the Syndicate quest an icon that looks like a fire. That's the list of Fissure Missions currently available. It's the same mission, but void rifts will show up spawning Corrupted enemies and corrupting nearby local enemies. Killing Corrupteds (both spawned and locals) will drop reactant (looks like a green ball with the rare-loot beam on it). Collect 10 then finish the mission. You will get a resource called "Void traces" which  is used for refining relics and crafting Dragon Keys. Equipping a Relic for a Fissure mission and collecting the reactants will crack it open, revealing a reward from the Relic's pool.

Completing the Earth>Mars junction will unlock the Relic console on the back of the ship, near the arsenal, you can see your relics, the rewards they have and upgrade them trough refinement. Refinement improves your odds of getting rare rewards from the upgraded relic and uses Void traces in the process.

Relics are obtained:

Completing 3 Spy vaults

Endless mode rewards on Rotation B and C, and in some high level missions A.

Rarely you can get a Lith from any capture.

You can buy relic packs from 7 out of the 8 syndicates: the original six and concalve. They replaced the void key packs.

Relics on endless

On endless mode fissures, you equip a relic, collect 10 reactant and crack it open for a reward, after you complete the mission objective (5min survival, 200 Cryotic Excavation, 5 defense waves, 1 Interception) you will be required to select a new relic and your reactant count will be reset to zero. Rinse and repeat. Endless modes now also have affinity and resource boosters integrated as you go along, and after a specific amount of time upgraded relics will be awarded. Void Traces awarded for cracking a relic also increases as you go. If you fail to collect the 10 reactant when a "wave" ends, you won't receive a reward but fear not, your relic isn't used until you collect the 10, your reactant counter will still reset to zero though.

Ayatan Statues:

While playing, you may find Ayatan treasures, they come in two forms:

Ayatan Stars: They come from opening lockers and boxes, they need to be picked manually and can be scanned for codex. They are fairly common.

Ayatan Sculptures: They are orokin looking artifacts that can be found on any mission, they are highlighted as a square by loot detector. They can be scanned and need to be picked up manually. Maroo at her bazar will give you a weekly mission with the task of locating the parkour room of either derelict or void and beating it. A guaranteed ayatan sculpture will be awaiting at the end (think you are indiana jones)

Each ayatan sculpture comes empty, but you can socket in the stars to reactivate it.

Maroo can turn your ayatan treasures into endo, completed statues award a bigger amount. You can also trade them with other players or place them as decoration on your liset (only completed statues).

Also, remember to complete Sedna Junction to unlock TWW quest. TWW quest is required to unlock Sortie missions, new (spoiler) resource and (spoiler) mods.

Archwing weapon parts are now available at the six syndicates.

Have !!Fun!! (like Fun, but with more screaming, gore and hilarity) and welcome back to the game.

Edited by Nazrethim