Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Melee Auto Targeting Always On or Off For All Players

LifeNine

I was playing the Snowball Event for the last couple days, and I noticed that my melee attacks would almost never hit anyone. A lot of times I would just fly right past the other players and they would just kill me. That was before I remembered I had melee auto targeting turned off. Once I turned it back on, meleeing became so much easier as my warframe just flies to the other players when I point in their general direction. I went from getting no kills with melee to multiple kills at once.

The melee auto targeting should be defaulted to always on or off so everyone has a level playing field when it comes to melee.

After some testing it appears that this only happens on dedicated servers and in snowday. Regular weapons and playerhosted games don't get it.

That being said, there is also align melee attacks to target, which isn't disabled at all. This is a different thing to melee assist, can you clarify which one you're getting? The difference is that the camera option turns your camera for you, whereas the melee assist turns your character even if you're looking away.

Clarifying what Phase said above:

Melee auto targeting in pvp only happens in snowball games that are server hosted.

---

Snowball games that are player hosted are not affected

Regular dedicated server games are not affected

Regular player hosted games are not affected

---

This inconsistency suggests that there is a bug. Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

Edited by Pythadragon