Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game taking up extremes amount of Memory/RAM?

Dr.ZipZopZoppityBob

Question

So, my game for the longest time has had max settings with 60fps+, and after I moved my computer to a new desk, set some stuff up, and updated my graphics card/game (Javlok Update) my game is now running like hot garbage. I have to set it on low (800x600, 4:3, "Low" preset) to get ATLEAST 50fps average. My RAM Usage with WARFRAME, Steam, Discord/TS open is 6.07GB/8GB being used. RAM usage with max settings is about 7/8GBs being used. What the actual hell is going on? Is it the game or my computer?

Specs:

Windows 7 Professional Edition

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/ Intel HD Graphics 4000

Intel Core i5-3570k CPU @ 3.40GHz

8GB Ram (7.89GB usable)

2 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, Dr.ZipZopZoppityBob said:

So, my game for the longest time has had max settings with 60fps+, and after I moved my computer to a new desk, set some stuff up, and updated my graphics card/game (Javlok Update) my game is now running like hot garbage. I have to set it on low (800x600, 4:3, "Low" preset) to get ATLEAST 50fps average. My RAM Usage with WARFRAME, Steam, Discord/TS open is 6.07GB/8GB being used. RAM usage with max settings is about 7/8GBs being used. What the actual hell is going on? Is it the game or my computer?

Looks like its your PC. Windows Ultimate here with a GTX750SC + Phenom II X4 945 and 4GB RAM. Everything on max 60+ always only using 3.3GB RAM.

Check your RAM sticks with MEMTEST. Try running Warframe alone and see how much RAM it will use. 8GB is too much even on max.

Edit: I had some problems with Discord using too much RAM.

Edited by -SDM-NerevarCM

40 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Looks like its your PC. Windows Ultimate here with a GTX750SC + Phenom II X4 945 and 4GB RAM. Everything on max 60+ always only using 3.3GB RAM.

Check your RAM sticks with MEMTEST. Try running Warframe alone and see how much RAM it will use. 8GB is too much even on max.

Edit: I had some problems with Discord using too much RAM.

I have done numerous tests and I can conclude its the computer. Apparently moving the computer once it disables the ability to play games at a normal rate. All of my games that used to run at 60 fps+ is now running at a slow, horrible 15-18fps, even with LOWEST OF THE LOWEST SETTINGS. I have honestly given up at this point, I've updated drivers, I've run diagnostic tests, and I have no god damned idea whats causing this!

Edited by Dr.ZipZopZoppityBob