Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr's Hysteria sound tweaks ideas

0meg4x

I've been playing Valkyr for more than a year now, I'm still in love with her, and to be honest, I've always found Hysteria's continuous sound to be kind of annoying.

I just remembered Ember getting a new sound effect for her World on Fire, so I thought: Hey! You know what would be cool? A penguin in a tux, but! That's not all. Valkyr and some cool and new sound effects too!.

I mean, there is the inicial scream sound which is AWESOME! It has a heart beat sound somewhere in there but it is barely noticeable which is a pity/sad.

And there is the continuous sound that remains and goes on and on after the initial scream sound ends.

I just wish it was tweaked a bit to make it cooler (Up to Date?) for the first part of it and less annoying for the rest of it xD.

My idea would be:

I think it would be awesome if the heart beat effect from the inicial sound was way more noticeable by giving it some volume and some kind of bass effect to get that "Going nuts crazy" feeling for it, especially when using headsets.

A cool addition to this would be to make this heart beat able to blackout all the remaining sounds intermittently/immediately to better appreciate it. 

I mean... I've gone totally nuts for a bit... No more than "Totally" tho.

That would be: Music, Transmisions, Shots, Enemy noises, Friendly noises, etc. Even Hysteria's attacks for these couple seconds.

And then the continuous sound, which I'd love if it was something like a soft heart beat or a breathing sound, or even better... both!

Even if breathing doesn't make a minimal bit of sense... Like Life Support for example xD.

Anyways, It's just a thought.

As insignificant as this might seem to many, In my opinion, Sound has a HUGE place in video games.

Small details matter and as you can see, I care about these, and even more when we are talking about Valkyr xD.