Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR21 Test, suggestion to change Orb Placement, Multiple tries instead of one and done.

Nekonomable

Failed the MR21 a few times now..... simply because the RNG on the Orbs for time keeps placing my first one MILES up. I dont have time to get there even if i go right for that immediately. More aggravating then that however, is the fact that its a one time try, before a 24hour cooldown timer. You dont get 3 tries at it. You get one.

Ill finish it before this ever gets looked at, but for future tenno, please consider changing the First orb to always be nearby, and implementing 3 tries before the 24hour timer kicks in. Just makes it more... viable?

I just did it twice on the practice course in the relay, won both times without a hitch. And the first time I did this mastery test quite sometime ago I did it first try in practice then won it when I took the test.

I think you just needed to take a faster frame, or you didn't pay attention to the timer or maybe the whereabouts of the orbs.

I just tested, and the first orbs were close by, they also moved based on RNG.

3W2ewf9.jpg

The first time I did it just now it was in that door way you can see just up the ramp to the right, and the second time it is in that door way you see it marked in right now in the screenshot.

There's nothing wrong with the mastery test. Not even a difficult test if you want my opinion.

Additionally, the beginning time is more than enough to get above using parkour's bullet jump to quickly reach higher levels and gain more time. Time of course is your most important priority.

Spoiler

Just tried the test twice more for a total of four times until I got the orb to spawn on the top floor. Here are some screenshots.

kMbPiUP.jpg

pCglKET.jpg

Edited by Alcatraz

34 minutes ago, Nekonomable said:

Failed the MR21 a few times now..... simply because the RNG on the Orbs for time keeps placing my first one MILES up. I dont have time to get there even if i go right for that immediately. More aggravating then that however, is the fact that its a one time try, before a 24hour cooldown timer. You dont get 3 tries at it. You get one.

Ill finish it before this ever gets looked at, but for future tenno, please consider changing the First orb to always be nearby, and implementing 3 tries before the 24hour timer kicks in. Just makes it more... viable?

Did it with 1 try. My gears were: The Pheonix Girl (Max Efficiency) drop 2 pizzas at first with Telos Boltor equipped. Dont even give your attention on killing enemies, just focus on sliding down your way to the orbs; the slices along with the help of WoF you may even be done with the challenge having 20-30 seconds in hand.

2 hours ago, AhmadIvu said:

Did it with 1 try. My gears were: The Pheonix Girl (Max Efficiency) drop 2 pizzas at first with Telos Boltor equipped. Dont even give your attention on killing enemies, just focus on sliding down your way to the orbs; the slices along with the help of WoF you may even be done with the challenge having 20-30 seconds in hand.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)poodlebingo 65 said:

I did the same. Ember Prime built for speed using WoF.

There is though an element of luck as sometimes the orbs can be tough to reach.

Good luck.

Yea, ive passed it easy in the testing room.... but... each time ive gone in for the actuall test its spawned it, and i kid you not.... upwards of 6 floors to almost 6 MILES. Always above me so Sliding is out of the question.....

the test itself isnt overly difficult. And im not suggesting they make it any different, im just hoping they fix the spawn for those in the future to not have the issue of trying to get to an orb, FAR to far away to even reach in the time given.

Edited by Nekonomable

2 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

I just did it twice on the practice course in the relay, won both times without a hitch. And the first time I did this mastery test quite sometime ago I did it first try in practice then won it when I took the test.

I think you just needed to take a faster frame, or you didn't pay attention to the timer or maybe the whereabouts of the orbs.

I just tested, and the first orbs were close by, they also moved based on RNG.

Helpful info, but im not having a hard time beating it. Ive done so in the test room easily as well, but mine during the actuall test is... odd. Its a HUGE facility with 12 floors and legitimatly MILES of run space. i never bothered paying attention the the adds as frankly the first thing i saw was the timer and knew i needed to go for orbs. Each time if gone for the actuall test tho, its spawned my first orb /wayyyyyy/ to far away to reach. And i nova portaled.
If its just me bugged thats cool, this post can be discarded. I care not for my MR as i prefer to run around in cute all day anway. This post was aimed more at helping it not spawn orbs far away for future tenno.

You know, I think it's bad luck that you're having. Despite the frustration and time needed just keep going at it and you will succeed.

Try speed Ember, you may be surprised at how quickly she can get to that first orb. Then with Efficiency and energy with WoF you'll wipe out all the enemies without having to lift a finger.

Good luck Tenno.

8 hours ago, Nekonomable said:

Helpful info, but im not having a hard time beating it. Ive done so in the test room easily as well, but mine during the actuall test is... odd. Its a HUGE facility with 12 floors and legitimatly MILES of run space. i never bothered paying attention the the adds as frankly the first thing i saw was the timer and knew i needed to go for orbs. Each time if gone for the actuall test tho, its spawned my first orb /wayyyyyy/ to far away to reach. And i nova portaled.
If its just me bugged thats cool, this post can be discarded. I care not for my MR as i prefer to run around in cute all day anway. This post was aimed more at helping it not spawn orbs far away for future tenno.

Counter argument is that with our high mobility, any tenno getting to this rank won't have troubles doing it as it stands. If I am not mistaken there's only 4 floors in the map and it's not as big as you suggest.

I do see your point in maybe having a set area as point of spawn so that it would be closer when you first start but, it is suppose to be a challenge and not a cake walk. Wait until you became high enough level to qualify for 23. That's one you will need high mobility, tanky, and or crowd control both.

I was using Rush and Lightning Dash on that Ash build, lots of people have access to Mobilize mod for good parkour speed, and would end up being easy too. Honestly I think I did the test originally with Rhino using no speed mods.