Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Worse visuals since newest update

OneMalice

Question

Hey guys, I'm not sure if its just me, or there's something wrong with my PC, but ever since the last 3 updates, my visuals have looked worse. First my AA wasn't working, and now my game is super blurry, and I didn't have this problem until the Glast Gambit updates, has anyone else had this problem? Anyone know a fix? Thanks!

10 answers to this question

27 minutes ago, OneMalice said:

Thanks, and yes, motion blur disabled with TAA x8 anti aliasing enabled

Steve said on Twitter that motion blur being disabled kind of breaks the new AA, so to fix it you must use the next one down or just enable motion blur. Though he said a fix was incoming (not sure if it has been supposedly fixed yet)

On 12/23/2016 at 4:04 PM, A7xConnor said:

Steve said on Twitter that motion blur being disabled kind of breaks the new AA, so to fix it you must use the next one down or just enable motion blur. Though he said a fix was incoming (not sure if it has been supposedly fixed yet)

What i did was turn the AA down to the lowest without turning it off, and it actually looks better, also kept motion blur off, motion blur hurts my eyes tremendously

2 hours ago, OneMalice said:

What i did was turn the AA down to the lowest without turning it off, and it actually looks better, also kept motion blur off, motion blur hurts my eyes tremendously

Yeah I'm not a fan of motion blur either, I turn it off in every game. I'm using the 2nd highest at the moment and that is fine too (still haven't checked if highest is okay without motion blur now yet)

On 25/12/2016 at 10:19 AM, greymaniac said:

Motion blur being off breaks AA? Now that is just brilliant graphics design.

Well TAA specifically kind of revolves around the use of motion blur and postprocessing affects a lot more than the others I think, it's just the way that AA was designed. So when you have the motion blur off it just looks overly sharp and rough.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporal_anti-aliasing

I'm no expert on AA stuffs though, so don't take what I say word for word or fact :) But I know I prefered the old AA option as it lets me live without the use of motion blur, which I hate in all games to be honest, and always disable it. That, along with a very narrow FOV tends to make me feel sick playing games.

6 hours ago, A7xConnor said:

Well TAA specifically kind of revolves around the use of motion blur and postprocessing affects a lot more than the others I think, it's just the way that AA was designed. So when you have the motion blur off it just looks overly sharp and rough.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporal_anti-aliasing

I'm no expert on AA stuffs though, so don't take what I say word for word or fact :) But I know I prefered the old AA option as it lets me live without the use of motion blur, which I hate in all games to be honest, and always disable it. That, along with a very narrow FOV tends to make me feel sick playing games.

Yeah, motion blur is the first thing I disable as well, on probably most games. And although warframe doesn't have an extreme amount of blur while its activated, I can still notice it and kind of hate it. The TAA + MSAA preview was definitely a better option for me.