Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Advanced Sound Settings

(PSN)D4nnyZ_47

Hi,

Can we get a new advanced sound settings screen?

I find the Simulor sound sooooo damn annoying and I know I'm not the only one. 

If i don't want to hear its sound I'm left with the options of turning off all belonging sounds or staying away from the teammate, when tbh it's 90% of the time teammates.

Could we get a screen within options that lets us turn of single weapon sounds? I think that is the best way and there is no reason to treat the Simulor unlike any other, unless you csn find a better solution.

p.s. Silencer mods should also mute the sound for the player who has it equipped.

Thank you,

D4

• 2 weeks later...

Hey. I hope my input is encouraged :)

I think the best option would be to divide the sound into 4 categories:

Warframe, Primary, Secondary, Melee

i.e. if this is even easy enough for Digital Extremes' audio engineers to implement.

On 1/3/2017 at 9:08 PM, Bug24 said:

Hey. I hope my input is encouraged :)

I think the best option would be to divide the sound into 4 categories:

Warframe, Primary, Secondary, Melee

i.e. if this is even easy enough for Digital Extremes' audio engineers to implement.

Can I also add, as a Veteran with PTSD related to gunfire, it would be a MASSIVE improvement for my enjoyment of the gameplay if we could adjust the volume of gunfire (specifically) or weapons in general separately from the other volume controls.

To explain myself better, Gunfire and being shot at aren't the issue. For me, it's the combined act of aiming at a target, depressing a trigger (or button) and the gunfire sound going off as a result of that physical action. Listening to teammates fire across the room isn't a problem unless they're close to me and I'm firing at the same time, then the sound sort of overlaps and causes me issues. The cause and effect is what triggers me more than anything.

I've avoided "shooter" games as a whole because of this issue, and even though I myself play with no gun in hand, it would be REALLY nice to be able to silence outgoing weapons specifically and not have to sacrifice other sounds in order to keep the peace inside my head.

As Bug24 suggested, dividing the sound as he stated would allow me to hear my warframe's spell sounds and ability sounds, along with the sword blows and combo sounds, but I'd be able to negate the primary/secondary weapons sounds...which might even allow someone like me to play with a gun as an option! 

The capability to silence in the same manner your teammates sounds (on your own system, obviously...not to them) would be an amazing bonus.

Does that make sense?