Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where were the Arbiters in TWW? :l (Spoilers)

Snowbluff

Thread title. Why is Teshin "helping" when the arbiters are more on message and on point about "lies to limit potential." I don't see how we should have Teshin involved with this at all when we have serviceable characters that aren't entirely worthy of loathing. These are the Tenno I was speaking of when I say SOMEONE should have done SOMETHING before the events of TWW. These are the people I think of when I say the Tenno are not amnesiac children with no sense of personality, culture, or discipline.

This is especially glaring now that we have the Glast Gambit for those secura guys, Red Veil had the event, Loka had the Story Mission about picking flowers, and Steel Meridian has the Rathuum stuff.

It gets worse when you remember DE invented Simaris, even though we already had a knowledge seeking Suda. Of course, you could complain that Suda is a faction, but you can do Rathuum or the Glast gambit regardless of faction. DE has been making an effort to expand the Syndicates and their weight (including comments made by Maroo, player interactions, and missions), but I also see that they have been getting off point on that mission. The Syndicates are probably one of the most interesting points of the story right now, along with colonies. Earlier builds make it seem like there are Corpus, and Grineer, and literally no one other people live in the solar system. It was golden opportunity to use this syndicate for its intended goal, to show the players what the Tenno really are. Is focusing on ancillary characters like Teshin pulling attention way from the growth of the world? I would say so. It shows right here.

That is to say that the writing is sprawling to the point where it harms itself. TWW would have been the perfect mission for the Arbiters, but instead the wasted potential is now even more agitating than usual.

7 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

First time I saw an Arbiters fanboy.

5 minutes ago, Snowbluff said:

I'm a Suda fan myself. The Arbiters are fine, but they aren't Suda. ;)

Then allow a true Arbiter present themselves ;)

Seriously tho, they need some luv.

Well, at least, with all other factions getting their moment in the spotlight already, next big thing can only be Arbiter-related (?

12 minutes ago, Railgun_Alter said:

Then allow a true Arbiter present themselves ;)

Seriously tho, they need some luv.

Well, at least, with all other factions getting their moment in the spotlight already, next big thing can only be Arbiter-related (?

Suda and Arbiters 4 life!

They should get the next story mission. Maybe with the focus improvements and sentient stuff? :0

4 hours ago, Snowbluff said:

Thread title. Why is Teshin "helping" when the arbiters are more on message and on point about "lies to limit potential."

Because Teshin actually knows sh*t about the Tenno, unlike Hexis that are tenno fanboys and know as much of them as anybody else.

I don't see how we should have Teshin involved with this at all when we have serviceable characters that aren't entirely worthy of loathing. These are the Tenno I was speaking of when I say SOMEONE should have done SOMETHING before the events of TWW. These are the people I think of when I say the Tenno are not amnesiac children with no sense of personality, culture, or discipline.

Because Teshin is all about us improving, it's the reason he got the Conclave rolling in the first place, why he made up that melee-only tac alert, why he does what he does in TWW. Also, TWW features the Kweens, who are alive since the Orokin Empire, Teshin is also just that old. Arbiters aren't that old.

This is especially glaring now that we have the Glast Gambit for those secura guys, Red Veil had the event, Loka had the Story Mission about picking flowers, and Steel Meridian has the Rathuum stuff.

Yes, and DE will probably add a Hexis or Suda tac alert/quest/event in the future.

It gets worse when you remember DE invented Simaris, even though we already had a knowledge seeking Suda.

But Simaris is all about knowledge and while he doesn't mind if we destroy obstacles to get the synthesis done, he is in general against senseless destruction. Suda on the other hand will say "f*ck it! If it gets on our way, destroy it!"

TWW would have been the perfect mission for the Arbiters, but instead the wasted potential is now even more agitating than usual.

TWW was perfect for Teshin. Not so much for Arbiters. Patience tenno, you will see Hexis quest in the future.

On 12/24/2016 at 5:06 PM, Nazrethim said:

Because Teshin actually knows sh*t about the Tenno, unlike Hexis that are tenno fanboys and know as much of them as anybody else.

Because Teshin is all about us improving, it's the reason he got the Conclave rolling in the first place, why he made up that melee-only tac alert, why he does what he does in TWW. Also, TWW features the Kweens, who are alive since the Orokin Empire, Teshin is also just that old. Arbiters aren't that old.

Yes, and DE will probably add a Hexis or Suda tac alert/quest/event in the future.

But Simaris is all about knowledge and while he doesn't mind if we destroy obstacles to get the synthesis done, he is in general against senseless destruction. Suda on the other hand will say "f*ck it! If it gets on our way, destroy it!"

TWW was perfect for Teshin. Not so much for Arbiters. Patience tenno, you will see Hexis quest in the future.

1) Arbiters are suggestd to be Tenno. It's in their description, but granted it's ambiguous. However, the description does say that they the de facto experts on the subject.

2) Teshin is categorically not a tenno, and is even called out as such by Tyl Regor. He's as unqualified to speak of the Tenno as Tenno would be to speak of the Dax (because, despite remembering the old war, they somehow don't know anything about Dax).

Edited by Snowbluff

6 minutes ago, Snowbluff said:

1) Arbiters are suggestd to be Tenno. It's in their description, but granted it's ambiguous. However, the description does say that they the de facto experts on the subject.

2) Teshin is categorically not a tenno, and is even called out as such by Tyl Regor.

1) Suggested, not proven, and they haven't displayed any form of void powers yet. They may know about the tenno they revere, but they haven't been alive since the old war and taken the slow path, they seem to be regular folks that worship the tenno and do research.

2) Teshin is a pseudo-tenno according to Tyl Regor, and he's been alive since the old war and apparently didn't go into cryosleep.

Spoiler

He's also a Dax that served under the Orokin and actuall stood guard during the Yuvan, and he probably met the tenno long ago and actually saw how the tenno developed.

So yeah, he is the most appropiate for TWW. Arbiters may shed more light on the Tenno, but they weren't the right dudes for TWW.

Edited by Nazrethim

Story missions (related to the Tenno's true origins and past) shouldn't really be tied with Syndicates. I'd much prefer the Syndicates being a side-quest thing that people can explore if they want more side content or info on smaller things. Granted, The Glast Gambit kinda breaks the norm since it awards the Nidus BP, which is required in creating Nidus to open the Infested Door. Perhaps this can be excused with Nidus being buyable from the Market?

About Arbiters not getting any love, I know where you're coming from, but you have to give them time. New Loka and Perrin Sequence are two of the least liked Syndicates in the game (they sport the lowest % of players allied with them), and Red Veil wasn't even a true Syndicate when the event came out. So it makes sense they expanded on them first (plus I like how Amaryn changes her doctrine and Glast protects the innocent in his own way).

The Arbiters will have their moment to shine, and it will undoubtedly be related to the Tenno Ways, so don't worry, DE walks baby steps :)