Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

Acantha could drop by while Dal is with Quinn, I think...

Aaaahhh, my brain's in a bit of a freeze right now, the headache isn't helping, I'm just going to slowly rot while waiting for my Valkyr to finish building.

And since people are posting music, I thought I'd put up the music I listen to for my inspiration:

...Since pasting links don't seem to work, I'll just put up names and artist.

Run Boy Run and Iron, both by Woodkid.

Another day another slaughter.

Infiltration of the outpost. "Kill all corpus", She said. For a reason unknown. What is the point of killing personnel when manufacturing facilities are left untouched. Not the best tactical and strategical decision. The Lotus must be removed. But now it is time to look around.

I feel wind blowing around me. Ugly yellow light seeping through the windows. Too bright for my liking.

I feel warm on my back. Infested weapons know that soon there will be blood. My long fingers are twitching and i am raising my hand to face mask watching thorns growing from my palm and arm. Very useful if i need to climb a wall or cause lacerations to my victims.

Time to advance. I brought my Lanka to bear and jump into vent shaft. Right before touchdown i pull  my cloak on. Engineers and robots. They will never know what hit them. Taking few shots, they dropping on the ground in convulsions. Bots are running around trying to identify a threat, but you can't kill what you can't see. For military or even security measures these things don't even have motion detection systems, pathetic. Moving deeper, slaughtering stragglers left and right. Intelligence says that there is only a squad left in entire facility.

After few rooms i see them. They are moving in formation without any idea what happened on outpost. A squad... too much for firefight, high risk of setting alarm off. I have few seconds before they will see me. Moving forward as fast as i can, buidling momentum. I am slashing through squad, Dual Ichor cleaving them clean. With corner of the eye i see body of crewman still standing when his head is rolling on the floor. Brief moment of silence, Dual Ichor's blood red sacks are pulsing fast. This thing is alive i am sure of it. Noise behind my back, i turn around quick, axes in my hands. Corpus crewman.

He landed in a bloody bundle, shrieking in agony as he saw the ragged stump of his leg, its remains hanging by gory threads. I march across the rockcrete floor, stepping across the wide rail tracks to stand above the man. He was hyperventilating and staring in horror at his ruined leg.
 I bow my head to the side studying his condition. The hydraulic shock will drag the blood from his heart in a few seconds, no need in finishing him off. The man glanced up, uncomprehending, his eyes glazing over as death drew near. He can see me now, Loki with hands crimson red of blood of his comrads. I am sheathe my weapons and moving away. Nothing else to do here.

"Good work Immortal, this outpost is clean now." I hear Her voice. "Extraction is ready."

She knows... She knows that one day i will come for her and make an example of her body. One day...
Edited by Althix

...a wild stalker appears...

I've faced the stalker three times now, Once with Aigloblam, Once with my Rhino, and once with  my Valkyr. The first two times i killed him pretty effectively, but he did hurt like hell. But with my Valkyr i made the incredibly stupid mistake of using my Ogris, which now has a blast damage of almost 2k. I charged it and aimed at him, but as soon as i pulled the trigger he slash dashed at me, and the explosion from my ogris absolutely obliterated me in half a nano-second. *sigh*

I've faced the stalker three times now, Once with Aigloblam, Once with my Rhino, and once with  my Valkyr. The first two times i killed him pretty effectively, but he did hurt like hell. But with my Valkyr i made the incredibly stupid mistake of using my Ogris, which now has a blast damage of almost 2k. I charged it and aimed at him, but as soon as i pulled the trigger he slash dashed at me, and the explosion from my ogris absolutely obliterated me in half a nano-second. *sigh*

Orgis to the face.... Ouch...

And, boy, this thread is fast.

So far he's only come at me (twice) when I'm leveling the new stuff, and since abilities are nullified, I can only hope to scan him while he's shooting dread :P

More of my writing then.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

"W-wha-what the hell was that?!!" Vuryan exclaimed panicked, falling from his chair and staring at Daran's body, unable to look away from the wound where half of Daran's head had been.

"Don't try to think about it too much." The Mag said as she tore the other anti-magnet off, before using her magnets to break the harnesses off.

"My weapons, where did you put them?" She said quickly as she got off the bed.

"eh... ehm... cabinet... code is 487..." Vuryan could barely stutter, taking his helmet off. "They're dead... they're all dead..."

"Welcome to my world Corpan... or whatever I call you." The Mag said, using the combination Vuryan had said in order to open the storage locker, taking her weapons out of it. "Are you experienced at fighting?" she then asked him.

"I... My name is Vuryan... and no.. I'm a medicinal expert... not a fighter." Vuryan could barely stutter.

"Yet again, wonderful." The Mag said sarcastically.

"Tenno, primary scan of this Corpus crewman shows that he has all the information about the research that they were working on here. This makes him valuable, keep him alive. Rescue has been rerouted to this ship, ETA eight minutes." The Lotus said, her cold voice not reassuring the Mag.

"Lovely, eight minutes to stay alive." The Mag said, listening to the thumps and booming noises coming from the door. "I'd say that he gets through in about three, five tops."

"What do we do? What do we do?!" Vuryan said panicked.

"Listen here!" The Mag said, picking him up with one hand and raising his face level with hers as she made her helmet open, revealing her face. "We're going to gear up with whatever you've got stashed in here, and then we kill him." she said quickly before closing her helmet again.

Vuryan would have tried to argue, but was too surprised and shocked about what she had just done. "You showed me your face?" he could barely say as she let him go. He had expected some hag-like face that was scarred and weary with fighting, according to the Tenno reputation of them having been going on for so long, but instead she had been probably the most beautiful woman he had seen, beating even Corpus women, with a short nose, smooth skin and captivating blue eyes. The way her fiery red hair had framed her face had simply raised the question in his mind: How could her hair fit inside the helmet?

"Don't get used to it." She said calmly, taking up her black, red-lined Paris. "But you're an important person now, with that data, so try to stay alive."

"Wh-what's your name?" Vuryan stuttered as he got up, putting his helmet on.

"Azmodiel. If you live you can call me Az, now come along." She answered him as she walked away from the creaking and bending door.

--------------------------------

Az had gotten into position, a good number of beds raised up as barricades, to at very least slow the thing down. She notched an arrow on her bowstring, drawing it. She looked over to Vuryan, where he had holed up with a small plasma rifle he had found in one of the supply closets. He took a few deep breaths as he lined himself up to fire at the thing when it would come out of the door, Az had made sure that was all that he planned on aiming that rifle at, there was a team of four Tenno on their way after all.

Az's heart was pounding as the door finally gave way, and she took the shot perfectly at the first moment she could, right when she could see his eyes, her brother's eyes. 

Well, since we've all beaten Alad at least once by now, I guess Aequitas could launch an op against him to save the captive Tenno.

But in the mean time I'm going to write my response to Quinn, also I'm going to use my new Lecta against Vor.

Yuikami's going to eviscerate me for this...

Random inspiration attack that has somewhat important information for following stuffs:

-DATA RECOVERED

-FTYPE/DESTINATION:  audio/03D729

-ENGAGE? (y/n):  y

-ENGAGING, PLEASE WAIT

“Out in the edges of the galaxy and the Void, one must sustain oneself.  It is not a calm, or fun, and definitely not a pleasant place to exist for most.  Especially for those Tenno actively taking on the latest tier 4 missions involving the Orokin ships and Orokin Derelicts.  But someone has to do it... before the Grineer or Corpus seize the Orokin artifacts... before the infestation over run all the remaining links to the Tenno’s past.  For those of you here that make it through the trials, that someone will be you.

“You will be the Tenno on the front, discovering and securing new Orokin ships and Derelicts before anyone else.  The Lotus has limited oversight here, you will report to me or your current Tenno coordinator, then we will relay the necessary information to the Lotus.  Leave your conclave restricted fight styles behind in the core.  You may use abilities, you may use lethal weaponry... but if anyone kills another Tenno, you will have to answer to me.  I believe in training that involves pain, because if holding a stance like this, causes you to taste a blade’s sting, you will learn very quickly not to make that same error twice.  You will also learn to tolerate pain, even welcome it, and be able to endure through any situation.  Either that, or you will perish.  

“Any questions?

“Good.  Last person standing will have the opportunity to choose their squad on their first set of training missions.”

-END

-<dscrpt>

-ENTER DESCRIPTION:  Speaker unknown.  Possibly to group of Tenno applying to become Void Raiders.

-<archive>

haidufaspdivnapsdigt

Ode to the Lotus-Nay, My Lotus.

The particulars of rapture; Plucked ripe from trees-

My my, Tenno, how this age has changed you.

Fruits that do revel in their individuality-

Leaving weeds to pollute the very air we breathe.

I will delete them, Tenno--Save me from myself.

So that the void may consume my majesty; Whole.

Hmm, another.

To Ruk from Valkyr.
If I could I would commit this moment to the void.
For the happiness that brought weighted heavily on my heart.
I enjoyed it {Killing You}.

Edited by Laisha

Something I did a while back. Hope you guys get inspired. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Duty

by kagemonshi

Today I embark on a quest.
A quest in which to hope for the best.
I must endure hardships and trials.
As well as to travel countless miles.

A new dawn has been broken.
Today I must let miracles happen.
As I did before with the help of my sword.
I will do it all again for my lord.

A stray blade they always call me,
They don't understand I am merely free.
But today my blade will be tamed, 
In order for I not to be ashamed.

Even before I fought monsters and dragons.
And even escaped fate's sharp talons.
I must not let my soul be blackened.
I will treat each day as if it were my end.
Edited by Kagemonshi