The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

Ghost let a small smile grace her features as she reveled in the combat surrounding her. She kept her thoughts clear of distractions, effortlessly tracking each Tenno in both teams, while keeping a tab on Sophia and two other identified Tenno, one of which was unconscious with Team 1. In between these mental checks she followed the progress of Idhren closely and was quite pleased to see her progress in battle, becoming much more imaginative in her illusions and terrors she plagued the grineer and corpus with. Blast after blast rang out from her Lanka, specially built and modded for extreme damage against all enemies, the shots plowing through enemies that stood behind each other or cover. There was no escaping this Tenno Siren. Her mind sang out, twisting and warping reality in the eyes of Grineer. She had no need for the more physical arts of psykery like Sophia used, this was an Art for her, she delighted in creating illusions, dredging up old fears and twisting them into something worse, Arachnis swarmed the walls to some, while other fought versions and Jackal or Hyena.

She could turn even a hint of doubt into something that killed. No grineer or corpus was safe as she slid between them, blade already slashing through them as they only saw a vague blur of color, like something seen from kilometers away. Corpus machines didn't register her now that the dampener was gone, she made it look easy, effortless and beautiful. She saw the opportunity to have serious fun as she mentally dominated a Heavy Gunner and turned her into her ‘slave’ making the Grineer hopelessly infatuated with her to the point of killing her own men and soldier just to please the nearly ephemeral object of her ‘devotion’. This Gunner would die for Ghost now, and soon she would, but not before unleashing a devastating fusillade of bullets, killing and wounding countless enemies as she let out raucous war cries in the name of Ghost and the Tenno with her.

Idhren huffed as she slashed and stabbed with her Fang blades, jumping a Grineer lancer and cutting his throat before kicking off him into a corkscrew backflip that enabled a double drill stab into a Bombard’s head, ensuring an instant kill. What Idhren didn't know is that particular manoeuvre made a few Corpus VERY rich due to betting as they watched the battles with their new Television thingies. She reached out with her mind and twisted the minds of several Grineer, taking advantages of old rivalries, fears and doubts to make them turn on each other and wipe themselves out. She pulled out her Soma and laid down a suppressing fire that fatally injured quite a few. Her psychic bolt had gain a ricocheting ability where they bounced off and enemy they hit after killing them. they usually bounced only a couple times before dissipating though. She had to admit the older Nyx was right, the meditations were greatly helping her powers become stronger and more versatile. Though she’d never admit it out loud she greatly respected, trusted and looked up to Ghost now. She had helped her when she had no reason to, nothing to gain for it and she would be eternally grateful for that.

Idhren tagged several Grineer and corpus that tried to sneak up on the others, especially the drunk rhino and Nyght. Idhren had to admit she liked the Excalibur a bit. He was fairly laid back, but at the same time was serious enough to not be a joke, almost perfect composure. She also admired the skill with which he wielded his blade. It was as fluid as Ghost’s usage of illusions. Suddenly she was yanked off her feet with a pained yelp, being dragged over to a waiting squad of Napalms, scorpions and Heavy gunners. She hadn't seen a concentration of heavies this high ever before. Just as they laid fire into her she slammed her mind into a pure blank slate, levitating off the floor and holding her meditation stance as they all shot at her, holding the glowing shield, turning all their would be damage into powerful energy. Once they had finally realized shooting did nothing she let out an evil chuckle before their world exploded in a powerful shock wave of pure psychic power so strong it warped the very room they were in, killing every enemy within a good radius of her. She panted lightly, She was very unused to using that still but she had to admit she was doing far better than she used to. With that thought in mind she leap back into the fray, killing and subverting every chance she got.

Edited by KittyShark

TEASER

The whispers were stronger now, louder, preying on their doubts, distracting the two Tenno that stood in the Hall of Pride as a form slowly coalesced in the gloom. It stood there, watching and waiting as the two Nekros tried to block the whispers and voices. Fenrik snarled “Enough of this!” He said as he stomped his way down the hall, eager to leave this Hall behind as quickly as he could. Only… They were no longer alone...

:O Faust und Fenrik und Crowley :D 

Does that mean Khimera might be back soon? :3

HOLY CRAP I WISH. No I'm continuing as best i can on my own. they have Seven trials to pass. This is the first. I don't know when Khi will be back ;-;

also thoughts on the combat form the first post?

I should kick Khimeras butt! he better be here before next tuesday WITH a summary of the events or I will have to drag him back >_>

Edit: this is a joke. But I really should send Khimera a PM with the summary of the last 100 pages or so.

Edit 2: ALMOST did it. Kind of chickened out...Curse you, fear of social interaction!

Edited by FatViking

NC State, I wanna be a game dev/conceptual artist. Their program outranks Full Sail which is a lot more expensive.

Plus, NC is closer to where I live and driving distance to my grandmother's house.

I wanna go to NC state to be a game developer as well. I suck at math though :(. They offer a bachelor's there plus the program thing you mentioned. I'm also going to go to UNC for a master's. I'm also gonna take classes to become a cook or just go a Culinary school.

@Kitty, I haven't seen much of your work, so it was really nice to. The way you defined Ghost made me think of my Nyx post, which was the first story I did, just less sociopathic. One thing that made me think, even if Idhren didn't want to say it, wouldn't Ghost know? ;) I really enjoyed it though. 

Edited by MandoKarla

@Kitty, I haven't seen much of your work, so it was really nice to. The way you defined Ghost made me think of my Nyx post, which was the first story I did, just less sociopathic. One thing that made me think, even if Idhren didn't want to say it, wouldn't Ghost know? ;) I really enjoyed it though. 

@Draiko There are toilets that wash our bums. That's a thing.

O_O? Really? I bet you 50,000 credits that Japan created it. Japan is always doing weird S#&$.

No, I think it was some European country...

Yeah, they've been around since earlier 2000's, weird automated toilets that shoot jets of water at your butt. e.e

Its called a "Bidet" (Pronounced "Beh-day"), and it was invented by French furniture makers in the late 17th century.

Oh...that. Yeah, that's not...Uh...

I'm talking electronic toilets that talk to you >.>

Talking toilets are actually of Dutch invent. They caught on for a couple years, then the Japanese got a hold of them and tossed in other interesting features....Like building in a bidet. Odd creations to say the least.

My god.......Europe is weird. Are the french so lazy to take a dam shower that they made a toilet that does it for you?

AND WHO THE F*** MADE A TALKING TOILET! THAT IS WAY TOO @(*()$ CREEPY. IT'S AWKWARD ENOUGH TALKING TO SOMEONE AND YOU'RE IN THE BATHROOM, NOW THE DAMN THING IS TALKING TO YOU!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!