The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

Just started the archive. I'll continue it later, and its messed up now due to breaking it up to meet the character limit, and will take a while (i'm up to page 4 so far...).

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/142739-of-ash-and-fire-how-we-envision-our-tenno-archive/

Seeing all of these old stories again is kinda a trip down memory lane as to why I started writing here. I'd forgotten how good some of them were! (although I didn't read much)

Great work so far! Now my friends who are intimidated by the page number of this thread will have that to go to :)

A tiny bit of inspiration.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Aequitas, strange name for a dojo." Az wondered as she walked out of the snub-fighter that had brought her there, the four Tenno on board it flying off on another mission, leaving her there. 

She looked around where she was, the lighting in the hangar making her light-green frame look a bit darker than it was.

Afterwards, she walked out of the hangar, taking a small note of the gleaming white and gold snub-fighter that a certain Excalibur was scrubbing diligently, as if he was washing away a layer of dirt that wasn't there.

She almost chuckled at that, but moved on.

Once she had gone through the door, she stood in a long corridor, her stance and stature implying that she was of the more regal lines of the Tenno (before cryo), as she noticed scorch marks in a corner nearby. 'What kind of people are here?' she wondered, doubting the Lotus's judgement a little now for the first time. 

Then she saw what seemed to be a wasp-yellow Volt as he walked past her, muttering something about finding the foundry, which reminded her that she didn't have the dojo's blueprints and was just walking in blindly.

'Out-of-suit comms off.' she thought before saying "Lotus, could you give me all the blueprints and schematics of this dojo for navigational purposes?" 

"Uploading the maps now to your HUD." The Lotus answered her after a moment.

"Good." Az said as she took a look at it, that statement then replaced with "This place is really that huge?"

Once she had recovered, she decided to try to find a foundry, bar or a spa, the maps showed that there was probably an equal chance for either of the latter two to be here.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Feel free to move in, Tenno horndogs. XD

The Valkyr was screaming again. On the monitor John and Emm watched as the crazed Tenno began to throw herself at the walls of the confinement chamber. This section of the Clan Dojo was empty. John winced as the Valkyr's claws raked across the metal wall of the chamber leaving deep gouges.

"How has her psychological profile looked?" John asked Emm.

"She's almost gone, John." Emm told him honestly. "To be frank, I should have asked you to throw her out of the airlock. She presents a danger to the Clan. She's like a rabid animal, one that was engineered to kill.

Emm walked over to another console. "What's more her Warframe has been designed to be highly offensive. She barely has any shields but her armor is...its tough." Her eyes turned sad. "Furthermore the Corpus have experimented on her extensively. Her mind is broken, there isn't much we can do for her."

John crossed his arms. "Will the room hold?" He asked Emm.

"Yes...Levi designed it, he assures me that it will hold her."

John looked at the monitor. The Valkyr was just on her knees looking at the roof. That was when they heard the low, keening cries. Emm turned off the monitor. "She's been doing that for quite a while now...Just off and on."

"I'm going to have Levi find out who she is." John said turning to leave.

"I'll monitor the situation here then, sir." Emm answered "Go get some rest."

minor inspiration. Kris has a character trait.

After several hours, Kris finally finished cleaning the Snub, having cleaned it until the Lights of the docking bay reflected perfectly off the hull. Putting the bucket and sponge down, He opened the Snub and walked inside. The inside had a lot more space after almost every box had been taken and delivered to the foundry, the last box being stored inside the refrigeration unit as it held bottles with a liquid Kris himself liked a lot. 

Sitting in the pilot seat, Kris ran a system diagnostics for the third time since acquiring the Snub just a few hours earlier. ''28 hours, to be exact.'' Kris thought as he watched the computer revealing the information and giving each system a green light. 

After the system diagnostic was over, Kris just sat in the Snub. The silence, so familiar, calmed him, made him relax and asked him to ponder the mysteries of the universe and the void. After about an hour, Kris got bored of the silence and decided to listen to some music. Re-activating the on-board computer, he searched the data-banks for something he could read, watch or listen to. He scanned the banks for two minutes before finding what he wanted. A piece of pre-Orokin era music, but not some music from the days when the first one had walked the earth. No, something even older. A symphony, a beautiful piece of classical music which Elena had enjoyed and had eventually gotten Kris to enjoy it too. Symphony no. 5 by Ludwig Van Beethoven. This was the first of many Symphonies on the list in front of him, the ominous beginning exactly what he heard once he headed for battle, with the symphony playing through his mind as he killed, slashed, shot and shredded what was in his way. The same symphony that played when he and Elena had trained together for the first time. The symphony that marked the beginnings of his rampages, the beginnings of his battles and the end of his fights. 

Closing his eyes, Kris turned the volume up and just listened. He would listen until the end instrumentals, and revel in the classical.

yes, I listen to symphony no. 5 by Beethoven sometimes. it helps me focus.