The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The real problem about Relic System: "Is hard to find party for old relics, even for no so old relics"

Kaiser_Suoh

1 hour ago, Kaiser_Suoh said:

No dude... no

Im claiming because i wanted to farm a relic, but waited in recruit chat like 30 mins and nobody join to my "specific prime part in a old relic" farm party

And trading chat is terrible too. Suggestion? Get in a decent size, organized clan.

Just now, John89brensen said:

Farm old prime items that are no longer popular and you'll wait a while. Also not everyone has access to a bunch of friends that have the same relics. In my personal experience my friends gave up on Warframe long time ago, and my clannies are more interested in doing raids, and i cannot bring the noobs to a fissure if they dont have a relic, since im wasting the spot.

It shouldn't really matter if it takes long to find a group for old relics that aren't obtainable anymore, and nothing should be altered with the way relics work to cater to just that. They are vaulted after all, right?

Just now, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

New grind I get to go all over the star chart using a variety of things and the runs themselves never take more than 5 minutes unless I perposly choose an endless to open more than one relic in an era

Uh uh... you aint going nowhere until you farm those relics, you want something specific you gotta farm specific relics, and there is a crap ton of them, a number that will only increase with time. So once you got your relic you go all over the solar system, and like you said, the missions only last five minutes, unless its an endless mission... so pretty much the old void, extermination or capture also lasted for 5 minutes. But you are forgetting one very crucial thing, the rate at which you burn relics is much much higher, and the coop sense of the void is lost in the relic system, you cant help a friend if he doesnt have the same relic.

Uh uh... you aint going nowhere until you farm those relics, you want something specific you gotta farm specific relics, and there is a crap ton of them, a number that will only increase with time. So once you got your relic you go all over the solar system, and like you said, the missions only last five minutes, unless its an endless mission... so pretty much the old void, extermination or capture also lasted for 5 minutes. But you are forgetting one very crucial thing, the rate at which you burn relics is much much higher, and the coop sense of the void is lost in the relic system, you cant help a friend if he doesnt have the same relic.

I'm aware of how things worked before and now.  Sorry you can't handle the fact that I like the current system over the old one.

Just now, Amp_ said:

It shouldn't really matter if it takes long to find a group for old relics that aren't obtainable anymore, and nothing should be altered with the way relics work to cater to just that. They are vaulted after all, right?

I didnt say vaulted, i said no longer popular, and whats popular in Warframe? the new things, recently opend vaults, or prime access items.

3 minutes ago, Ninjacalypse said:

And trading chat is terrible too. Suggestion? Get in a decent size, organized clan.

Well since the latest update big clans have all new problems of their own...

I didnt say vaulted, i said no longer popular, and whats popular in Warframe? the new things, recently opend vaults, or prime access items.

Well since the latest update big clans have all new problems of their own...

I wouldn't call grinding for one single novelty weapon "all new problems of their own..." And if they actually have a healthy, active playerbase then they don't really have a problem.

I'm aware of how things worked before and now.  Sorry you can't handle the fact that I like the current system over the old one.

Im glad you are aware. Im sorry you cant handle that i consider that this system introduced a hell of a lot of new problems, and only managed to solve a few of the old system problems.

Im glad you are aware. Im sorry you cant handle that i consider that this system introduced a hell of a lot of new problems, and only managed to solve a few of the old system problems.

Never once said it didn't bring new issues.  I simply stated I don't care about the new problems.  Because once again.  say it with me. "I think the positives out weigh the negatives."  which I told you in a quote or 2 ago.

Just now, Ninjacalypse said:

I wouldn't call grinding for one single novelty weapon "all new problems of their own..." And if they actually have a healthy, active playerbase then they don't really have a problem.

I dont intend to get off topic more than this response. But not all clans have 100% active playerbase, and the amounts requested are absurd, especially for high tier clans. 500k mutagen? rather than a community goal for a clan, sounds like a chore, who the hell whants to spend hours farming uncommon drops in ODD or Eris.

Ah, eyes skipped over the 'popular' part and assumed you meant 'old' as in vaulted. But yeah, people do prefer the popular ones because they cost more platinum. I'd be guilty of doing the same thing I suppose. If there's a rare item on the relic that isn't at least 50 platinum, I don't bother making it radiant. If I did want the unpopular items, I'd just trade for it with the platinum I made off the 'popular' items to save myself the hassle.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

Because once again.  say it with me. "I think the positives out weigh the negatives."  which I told you in a quote or 2 ago.

Well, you can like something bad, that is your cup of tea, not mine. A good chunck of the community is not happy with the state of the relic system, to name just one thing.

1 hour ago, ninjadeboxers said:

For me the main problem with the relic system is that it is a boring system I like the fact that we can have some controll over RNG but the missions are straight boring,

So you are telling me spending 90% of the time in the void, on the same map, protecting the same objective was fun? 

Well, you can like something bad, that is your cup of tea, not mine. A good chunck of the community is not happy with the state of the relic system, to name just one thing.

"you can like something bad" is you being petty for someone elses opinion.

"a good chunk of the community"  you've got nothing to back that at all.  even if everyone on the forums agreed with your opinion that still isn't even half of the community who plays the game.  vocal people are always the minority.

5 minutes ago, John89brensen said:

I dont intend to get off topic more than this response. But not all clans have 100% active playerbase, and the amounts requested are absurd, especially for high tier clans. 500k mutagen? rather than a community goal for a clan, sounds like a chore, who the hell whants to spend hours farming uncommon drops in ODD or Eris.

Okay...well...to get back on topic...join a decent sized, active and organized clan if you want to do organized relic runs. Sitting around in recruitment chat and spamming "LF Lith K1 Radshare" or whatever...is a waste of time IMO.

Just now, Ninjacalypse said:

Okay...well...to get back on topic...join a decent sized, active and organized clan if you want to do organized relic runs. Sitting around in recruitment chat and spamming "LF Lith K1 Radshare" or whatever...is a waste of time IMO.

Im a member of a mountain clan, so im not just speaking without some experience. All in all, i stopped caring about relics a long time ago, they are just sitting there.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

"you can like something bad" is you being petty for someone elses opinion.

"a good chunk of the community"  you've got nothing to back that at all.  even if everyone on the forums agreed with your opinion that still isn't even half of the community who plays the game.  vocal people are always the minority.

"Vocal people are always a minority" that sounds like you are now being petty for someone elses opinion. And yeah a good chunck of the community is not happy with the state of the relic system, for instance, this thread addresses concerns over the relic system, and if you look, there is a whole lot of threads in this forum and the subreddit about the relic system. Some are in favor, and others against.

Im a member of a mountain clan, so im not just speaking without some experience. All in all, i stopped caring about relics a long time ago, they are just sitting there.

My advice was intended for the OP...who was clearly asking about finding/organizing relic parties.

If you don't have advice for the OP, don't care about relics and are going to shoot down any potential advice for finding relic parties...then...um...?

"Vocal people are always a minority" that sounds like you are now being petty for someone elses opinion. And yeah a good chunck of the community is not happy with the state of the relic system, for instance, this thread addresses concerns over the relic system, and if you look, there is a whole lot of threads in this forum and the subreddit about the relic system. Some are in favor, and others against.

That's not petty.  that's statistics.  Math isn't petty nor is it kind.  it exists.  I could be wrong and warframe could be the first community i've been apart of where a majority of the player base also goes to forums.  But I don't see any proof of that.  Perhaps actually look up what petty means.

That's not petty.  that's statistics.  Math isn't petty nor is it kind.  it exists.  I could be wrong and warframe could be the first community i've been apart of where a majority of the player base also goes to forums.  But I don't see any proof of that.  Perhaps actually look up what petty means.

Statistics pulled out of your arse. Im not saying a majority of the community comes to the forums, but claiming that forum users are a minority is simply stupid

Statistics pulled out of your arse. Im not saying a majority of the community comes to the forums, but claiming that forum users are a minority is simply stupid

Not really.  if you are apart of more than one online community you'd see this trend.  It's not "stupid."  But I'm done here.  you've literally challenged anyone who came in here not agreeing with you or the OP.  I tried telling you that I not only acknowledge some might not like this system and that their can be issues.  I made it clear it was just my opinion.  and rather than just saying you disagreed with me and left it at that you've continued to challenge me on literally everything and been rude about it.

I'll state this one more time.  And perhaps you can be decent and just read it.  I'm perfectly fine with someone else preferring the old system.  I am aware that the current system isn't perfect.  But.  All that being said.  In MY personal opinion I like this system more than the previous.  and despite the issues that this new system has I feel the ability to attempt to get something whenever I want to combined with the ability to influence my drops out weighs the other issues.  I do miss key sharing.  but that's about it.  and I don't think that alone is worth reverting for.

goodbye.

5 minutes ago, John89brensen said:

I mean there are 26,000,000 registered users or something like that and then there's this:

06ae2e8e583b90f3dcc21c4fa32724e4.png

Only 2,400,000 have registered. Many of those probably don't play or don't visit the forums regularly, as the most ever online was 62,000.

2 hours ago, Ninja22678 said:

But now you may actually have a chance at getting a vaulted prime, that's my point. Not concerning matchmaking, finding a squad, or whatever, just you simply have a chance at actually getting vaulted primes so no, you might not have to pay for it. You could buy the old relics for cheaper if you wanted a rare part, passed them on to your friends and had a radiant share together or an intact, depending on what you wanted to get.

This statement by the OP makes it sound like he thinks that old primes SHOULD be obtainable by relics easily. Which in that case, why have the primes vaulteed anyways. My point was directed at this statement because no, they're not forcing you to buy the part. You now have an actualy chance at farming them. Before, you had absolutely no chance at farming for anything vaulted. Yet now that you have the chance, more people complain...

You have fallen for the illusion thats been sold to you that your chances are better this way. Its clear by now that this was a deliberate attempt to make farming teams harder to form and make people more prone to going to trade chat/relay to get prime items with plat purchases. You also seem to be new because you don't have a chance to get anything vaulted, neither before or after relics..

Edited by UrielColtan

1 minute ago, UrielColtan said:

You have fallen for the illusion thats been sold to you that your chances are better this way. Its clear by now that this was a deliberate attempt to make farming teams harder to form and make people more prone to going to trade chat to get prime items. You also seem to be new because you don't have a chance to get anything vaulted, neither before or after relics..

first part is just gross.  You're insulting someone for having a differing opinion whilst also assuming the intentions of people you frankly don't even know.  Also.  old system.  keys drop table changed.  In the new system if I nabbed a relic that could net me mag prime systems before they re vaulted her that relic can still get me that item after the vaulting of her.  That is what the person you quoted is talking about.  So you either must be "new" because you didn't understand how this new system works.  Or you're just being hyperbolic about the chances of the relic dropping said item.

Just now, UrielColtan said:

You have fallen for the illusion thats been sold to you that your chances are better this way. Its clear by now that this was a deliberate attempt to make farming teams harder to form and make people more prone to going to trade chat to get prime items. You also seem to be new because you don't have a chance to get anything vaulted, neither before or after relics..

It may be an illusion, for sure. But when I spent three hours in T3 Survival I think it was for a SINGLE Mag Prime Blueprint and did not get it, but then ended up with 16 Mag Prime Blueprints once the Relic system had been implemented and the Unvaulting had ended. This personally to me, is much better than sitting for three one hour games of Survival and getting nothing out of it that I really needed. If they had unvaulted Ember and Frost Prime with the old Void, Ember Prime Blueprints would probably be like T4 Defense Rotation C with a 2% drop chance or something. But with the new relics, I've gotten 16 Blueprints for her. 

With 770 hours in the game, every prime weapon, frame, and AW in the game, and being MR 18, I can pretty much say that I'm not 'new' to the game. I'd also like some solid proof from you that you can't get anything vaulted. I have 10 of every relic in the game for my collection purposes, and as far as I'm concerned, I can go ahead and radiant an extra Axi V2 and get a Boar Barrel after a few tries, which is vaulted. I think that's sufficient proof that you can get something that is vaulted, not everything like I've already said.