Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Absorb Visibility Issue + Suggestion

HolidayPi3

With the addition of Nyx's new augment Assimilate (allows you to move, cast, and shoot while using Absorb), it's pretty important for Nyx operators to be able to see. I imagine this wasn't really an issue when Absorb took away all possible movement / actions. At the moment, unless I change all my energy colors to black or turn down my graphics (to the detriment of the rest of the game), this is what Nyx players have to aim with:

31556337930_81d312918b_o.jpg

31120165523_d135821dd9_o.jpg

For reference's sake, here's the same shot as the previous two, but with black energy:

31812658791_652f982089_o.jpg

I suggest giving the Absorb bubble the same sort of oval transparency that Mirage's Hall of Mirror clones get when your camera gets stuck in them.

Edited by HolidayPi3

15 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

Pst @HolidayPi3, try this.

[snip]

Thanks for the reply! This is something I occasionally tweak when I don't feel like tolerating the blindness, actually.

Indeed, turning particle effects down would help out with this issue, however (as I mentioned in the OP), I'd rather not have to turn my graphics down as there are so many beautiful effects in the game that would also be affected.

I imagine it would be nice to be able to see and appreciate all the sick particles, right? After all, walking around in Assimilate is one of the best time to stop and sightsee ;)