Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor build

Elefhterios

Question

Alright. It's my first post and I'm disgusted by the Tonkors ridiculous damage, having said that I want more.

I'm posting my build and wanted to get some thoughts or ideas on how to make it better, or just show me your build and I can compare.

I've only just gotten access to the Simulacrum and I'm going to go scan some level 100+ for testing. I would like to get a corrosive riven with multi shot and replace infected with Bladed rounds or maybe Primed fast hands as it directly translates into damage. If anyone has a +electric + toxic +multi + crit damage riven I'll give you 1000P.

EDIT: If this is in the wrong section would a moderator mind moving it?

Tonkor_1.jpgTonkor_riven.jpg

Edited by Elefhterios

10 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, Elefhterios said:

Alright. It's my first post and I'm disgusted by the Tonkors ridiculous damage, having said that I want more.

I'm posting my build and wanted to get some thoughts or ideas on how to make it better, or just show me your build and I can compare.

I've only just gotten access to the Simulacrum and I'm going to go scan some level 100+ for testing. I would like to get a corrosive riven with multi shot and replace infected with Bladed rounds or maybe Primed fast hands as it directly translates into damage. If anyone has a +electric + toxic +multi + crit damage riven I'll give you 1000P.

Tonkor_1.jpgTonkor_riven.jpg

IF I were you I wouldn't get bladed rounds and would replace Vital Sense with a 90% ele. Would give you more damage. Most people don't believe me but I have tested it myself and have seen the numbers. Works well on high crit chance weapons. For example. My Amprex has 200%+ crit chance. Basic dmg mods, Point Strike, Argon scope, Riven with crit chance and the rest 90% eles. I could do 100k+ red crits on lvl 100+ heavys. Replace the 90%s with Bladed Rounds and Vital Sense and my dmg outout would drop between 50-70k, So it's a little boost. People don't realize it cus they want to follow all these youtuber's builds but crit damage multiplier still isn't on par with other weapons stats just like channeling dmg/eff.

Edited by -CM-DarkSyndrome

That's good advice, Would something like High Voltage be a better for the status chance?

If I could grab a Riven that gave me passive Corrosive + multi shot I would be stoked. I think at that point I can really scale that elemental damage. Thanks again for good advice.

Just now, Elefhterios said:

That's good advice, Would something like High Voltage be a better for the status chance?

If I could grab a Riven that gave me passive Corrosive + multi shot I would be stoked. I think at that point I can really scale that elemental damage. Thanks again for good advice.

np and I see I made a mistake and said my amprex has 200% crit dmg :D I meant crit chance. Tonkor's status isn't really much so trying to pump into status chance with a dual stat mod may be a waste, I'm not 100% sure but you could try it. c:

7 minutes ago, Elefhterios said:

Well with my elemental riven + infected + 3rd elemental (as you stated) seems like a lot, wouldn't that be benefited by extra status chance? I might be misunderstanding the mechanics.

If I have 5.5k Corrosive doesn't that proc only by status chance?

Not Necessarily. You would still get that 5.5k corrosive dmg as raw dmg. The corrosive proc would only activate the armor decrease effect irrc.Just like how the boltor doesn't really have much crit/status but you build that for raw dmg with 90% elementals and it can be a beast.

Edited by -CM-DarkSyndrome

As mentioned Bladed Round over Argon Scope. AoE damage is not actually capable of head-shots anymore so Argon is wasted.

Alternatively you can use Primed Bane when applicable over Bladed Rounds and remove the need to Zoom for extra damage. You can also replace Heavy Caliber with Primed Bane for better accuracy. Primed Bane is 5% less damage than Heavy Cal without a loss in accuracy.

Everything else is solid. Corrosive Vs. Grineer, Pure Toxic Vs. Corpus and Corrosive Vs Infested (Unless you have Primed Cryo, then use Blast Vs  Infested)

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

As mentioned Bladed Round over Argon Scope. AoE damage is not actually capable of head-shots anymore so Argon is wasted.

Alternatively you can use Primed Bane when applicable over Bladed Rounds and remove the need to Zoom for extra damage. You can also replace Heavy Caliber with Primed Bane for better accuracy. Primed Bane is 5% less damage than Heavy Cal without a loss in accuracy.

Everything else is solid. Corrosive Vs. Grineer, Pure Toxic Vs. Corpus and Corrosive Vs Infested (Unless you have Primed Cryo, then use Blast Vs  Infested)

Hey, firstly thanks for the response!

Few things I will need to clarify here with you if that's ok because I'm seeing different outcomes.

1) Argon scope: I'm shooting 2-3-2-2-3-3-2-2-3-2-3-3 (roughly) due to Riven + Split Chamber, this creates a cone projectile effect somewhat similar to a shotgun. The -55% accuracy increases the cone, although I don't see it being that bad. If anything it assists in Head-shots.projectiless.jpgprojectiles_2.jpg

2:Primed Banes: From what I can see they only go to +55% making it 110% less damage

primed_bane.jpg

VS.

HEavy_Caliber.jpg

I'm not sure If I've made a mistake or whether the Wiki has old info but that seems to be a considerable drop in DPS. Or is there a stand alone Primed Bane* I'm not aware of?

Would it be viable to keep it as is and try for a Riven, much like the one I'm hunting [Toxin | Electricity | Multi Shot | hopefully damage XD or no 4th] releasing me of the need for infected clip at which point I could possible add a Primed Bane or Primed Fast hands?

I feel like the Tonkor given the 'God Riven' (most probably statistically impossible to roll) would allow for what I'm seeking, but that's a bit like saying I wish I had a Ferrari or Patek Phillipe. I mean ultimately the less I spread my stats over cards the more I can pump out of the 8 slot limitation.

In response too DarkSyndrome: 

I don't have enough points to slot in a +90% Elemental, I don't mind applying another Forma but I would need to be sure first. I did slot in High Voltage as it was the closest to +90% and got this result:

test_4.jpg

The corrosive jump was nice but the critical halved and I was seeing less damage, unless I was unlucky with my shots.

Really appreciate all the help guys. I'm going to keep hunting the "I win" Riven.

8 minutes ago, Elefhterios said:

Hey, firstly thanks for the response!

Few things I will need to clarify here with you if that's ok because I'm seeing different outcomes.

1) Argon scope: I'm shooting 2-3-2-2-3-3-2-2-3-2-3-3 (roughly) due to Riven + Split Chamber, this creates a cone projectile effect somewhat similar to a shotgun. The -55% accuracy increases the cone, although I don't see it being that bad. If anything it assists in Head-shots.2:Primed Banes: From what I can see they only go to +55% making it 110% less damage

I'm not sure If I've made a mistake or whether the Wiki has old info but that seems to be a considerable drop in DPS. Or is there a stand alone Primed Bane* I'm not aware of?

Would it be viable to keep it as is and try for a Riven, much like the one I'm hunting [Toxin | Electricity | Multi Shot | hopefully damage XD or no 4th] releasing me of the need for infected clip at which point I could possible add a Primed Bane or Primed Fast hands?

I feel like the Tonkor given the 'God Riven' (most probably statistically impossible to roll) would allow for what I'm seeking, but that's a bit like saying I wish I had a Ferrari or Patek Phillipe. I mean ultimately the less I spread my stats over cards the more I can pump out of the 8 slot limitation.

The tri-shot might work well with Heavy Caliber. I don't have a Tonkor Riven to test myself. Often when I'm aiming at an enemy with Heavy Cal both shots will go to each left and right side of the target, esp past medium range. Primed Fast hands works well with Tonkor. It's a preference mod. I often just fill a room with grenades and it works well for that tactic.

Bane mods are multiplicative to your total damage output while Heavy Cal and Serration are multiplicative to you base damage while being additive with each other.

Take Tonkor's 325 Blast AoE as example.

With Serration + Heavy Caliber

325 * ( 1 + 1.65 + 1.65) = 1,397.5

With Serration + Primed Bane

325 * ( 1 + 1.65 ) = 861.25

861.25 * ( 1 + 0.55 ) = 1,334.9375

Difference:

( 1397.5 - 1,334.9375) / 1397.5 = 0.448 = 4.48%

As far as the Riven, that's a very good roll and like you said, it's going to be very difficult to get better. The perfect Riven would probably be +%multishot +%crit damage +%Toxic / crit chance with a negative in something you don't really need like Fire rate, Slash, ect.  So it's pretty damn close already. I failed to note the Riven's elemental when I mentioned Primed Cryo. Corrosive Vs. Infested would still be better than Primed Cryo with that Riven.

Ah sorry for the delays guys!

I don't have a screenshot at the moment, I will get one soon. I've got the tonkor critting 300k per prjectiles. every 3rd or 4th shot when i triple projectile I'm hitting 900k aoe crits.

I realize things like the atterax leave that for dead but it seems to be a good boss killer so far.

(294k/ projectile to be exact).

Not sure if I can squeeze anymore out of this bad boy. I've literally had people abuse me  for this claim... obviously trying to buy my mod cheap but yea.