Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons Recommendation

Adrenaliz3

Question

Hey there guys!

I'm an oldie returning to the game after several patches (played during beta and a little while after).

I decided I will be using Nyx (prime) as my main frame to progress the game and reach the high lvls. I still have to decide which frame I'll use for tough defenses and end-game content.

So, frame being stated, can you help me on deciding which weapons I should focus on?

At the moment I have a Grataka (which I really come to dislike), Akfuris and Scindo.

- Grataka: I really dont like how the recoil on this gun behaves, and its almost imposible to kill things far away. I really enjoyed Paris, and bow oriented Primaries, but a friend told me bows are sh*t on endgame, so I dont want to invest time, formas and potatos on things I wont be using later. I heard Soma and Hek with Shattered Justice are really good options.

- Akfuris: I think I have it really badly modded, as its damage is so poor I cant kill anything else but light infested with them.

- Scindo: I like the Axe theme but it hurts how slow it's swinging is. Not a problem with infested running to me, but when I have to face Grineer or (worst) Corpus i dont get to kill things fast enough. Maybe some kind of duals would be a better choice?

I know each weapon has a "specialization" (Slash (infested), Punc (grineer) or Impact (Corpus)) so I dont mind if you list me the "best or better" option for each faction.

Thanks for your time!

5 answers to this question

Well I am sure you'll have a hand at trying out a multitude of weapons for no other reason other than to get your MR up.  There will be other instances where you may find yourself revisiting older weapons and finding them to have more potential than initially thought.

I think weapon usage is incredibly personal. I dig the Quanta vandal (formerly Quanta) and some clanmates are most certainly sick of hearing about my new ultimate build for it. You mentioned you didn't like the Grakata.  I often rock the Prisma Grakata on sorties, with punch through it's like a bunch of crit and slash effects confetti on the screen and very rewarding.

No matter what anyone says you will ultimately use you own weapons of choice so it just all boils down to what you like and how effective you can make it.

Tigris family 1 click 2 shot kill most starsystem.,or hek, Soma prime crit overkill, simulor cheeze low-mid lvl i dont bother to aim kind of weapon, bow like dread or crenos great with stealth frame. Sniper probably Lanka or torid. secondary power house vaykor marelok, lex prime, or sonicor for cc, 

I'd like to emphasize what MarineDawg posted.  A lot of my enjoyment from weapons in this game comes from trying new ones out.  You can use whatever you like about the weapons you've been using to figure out if you want to keep using them or try something else.  Soma and Hek are solid primaries.  I've used Tonkor and am looking forward to trying out Amprex.  For secondaries I've enjoyed using Atomos, Akstilleto Prime and Twin Grakatas.  For quicker then heavy melee I enjoy Prisma Dual Cleavers and Broken War.  If you can you might also want to look into getting and using different stances for melee weapons.  A change in stances might even make using your Scindo more enjoyable for you.  All of the weapons Avynire mentions tend to be well liked and positively reviewed by other players.

I recommend you work on leveling your mods up.  I find it hard to analyze a weapon and figure out if I'm going to use it more if I don't level it all the way to 30, put in at least most of the mods I would use in it when I'm done building it and go against enemies in a mid level range with it.  You might change your mind about your Akfuris once you investigate it and re-mod it.  I usually do a web search for a build on whatever weapon I'm using and check out either YouTube videos or build screenshots.  Recently I've been reading different posts on weapon and frame tiers and weapon ratings by several people.  That kind of reading might help you too.

I use Nyx Prime a lot for high level content.  Build for range, efficiency and low duration, spam Chaos, isolate tough enemies with Mind Control, and use Absorb in emergencies.  

Because of her crowd control abilities you can use weapons that focus on dealing massive damage to single targets. Get a top tier shotgun like one of the Heks or Tigrises.  I use the Vaykor Marelok as my secondary to strip armor off tough enemies.  Galatine Prime is the best melee by almost any measurement, War is just below it, nothing else comes close.

Bows are still pretty good for priority targets in late game, with dread and paris prime reaching red crit territory with ease. Soma i'd say would be a step up from grakata if you have crit mods, but trades status for it. I'd save the grakata and make another to make the twin grakatas, which are fun but eat ammo faster than lephantis eats a lvl 1 grineer. Hek just hits like a truck. Preriod. Scattered justice just makes it hit even harder while giving an aoe when you fill up the justice meter

What is your current MR? As for melee weapons, the new hirudo is lovely with its healing every crit. Galatine prime being my biased favorite with it's power and crit chance, and while scindo prime is weaker, it's no slouch if you feel entitled to use an axe. Faster options include venka prime, dragon nikana, and nikana prime which make up for damage via speed while still having a good crit chance and decent enough status chance that your enemies will bleed profusely as you cut them up. There's a lot of other melee weapons worth mentioning as well, but in the end the choice is yours when it comes to melee.

Honestly, my post cant do much justice as there's a variety of nice weapons that help with a variety of fields, amprex and dealing dps to entire crowds simultaneously, strun wraith, tigris prime, and boar prime having 100% status chance without multishot allowing you to give enemies a cocktail of bleed, stagger, armor removal, and whatever elements you put in there for every shot, and crit dealers like the bows and soma that deal way more devastating damage on headshots and spots highlighted by banshee compared to straight up damage dealing weapons