Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With over 1500 hours in Warframe, it makes me sad that because of Silver Grove I can no longer play the game I invested so much time and money into.

Golden.Eyes

No, my computer has not gotten worse, I can run games with equivalent and greater system requirements than warframe with a stable 30FPS, that being very much satisfactory for someone as poor as me.

No, my settings have not been reset.

No, I do not need to optimize my download cache.

No, I do not need to update my graphics drivers.

No, I do not need to turn of 64bit, ofr DirectX10/11.

I have tried all of the aforementioned "fixes" to the ridiculous performance plummet that Silver Grove and subsequent updates caused.

Nothing worked, and even though I still occasionally play I find it extremely difficult to enjoy the game with 13-24FPS, often dropping to sub-10FPS on defense missions.

It was literally a day to day drop. One day I was running high-level defenses with perfectly reasonable FPS floating in the 30s and the next, I was hyped to buy Titania and... I had 16FPS in my orbiter.

Just now, Cyriann said:

Did you tried the silliest response to a game bugging out like this ? I mean just re-installing the game to see if it solves anything won't cost you too much...

I did. I tried everything I could think of and reinstalling the game was the first thing I could think of.

Just now, Cyriann said:

Did you tried the silliest response to a game bugging out like this ? I mean just re-installing the game to see if it solves anything won't cost you too much...

^i'd recommend that also. It's helped me in the past with a few issues. May as well give it a crack.

Can you give some information on your system?

Ive had the same problem when I played on my laptop but it got away after a while. Aside from the ingame settings, the Nvidia controlcenter (hope thats the english name for it) sometimes also reverts its settings too (implying you have a nvidia graphics card, but I guess AMD should have something similar).

1 minute ago, Dawn11715 said:

Ive had the same problem when I played on my laptop but it got away after a while. Aside from the ingame settings, the Nvidia controlcenter (hope thats the english name for it) sometimes also reverts its settings too (implying you have a nvidia graphics card, but I guess AMD should have something similar).

It's called Nvidia Experience (that lets you update your driver and use shadowplay

The other one is called Nvidia control panel (self-explanatory, lets you change settings on your GPU)

Just now, Dawn11715 said:

I checked if my settings were reset, that is not the issue.

Just now, SubjectL said:

It's called Nvidia Experience (that lets you update your driver and use shadowplay

The other one is called Nvidia control panel (self-explanatory, lets you change settings on your GPU)

Thx, was talking about the control penal, only knew the german term (Nvidia Systemsteuerung) for it.

2 minutes ago, Rubastax said:

I did. I tried everything I could think of and reinstalling the game was the first thing I could think of.

So that's a stupid question but... How old is your PC ?

Not in term of what components are used but more of years of function, I've seen a PC suddenly being completely unable to launch a mechwarrior Game (yes that's old) just because it was too old and a few components had failed on it, it wasn't anything major, I think it was something like dusty circuits, but never the less it had had it unable to launch a game that was running perfectly until this point.

And a detail you haven't mentioned, are ALL your drivers up to date ? Another stupidity I know, but always worth checking out just to be sure.

Just now, Cyriann said:

So that's a stupid question but... How old is your PC ?

Not in term of what components are used but more of years of function, I've seen a PC suddenly being completely unable to launch a mechwarrior Game (yes that's old) just because it was too old and a few components had failed on it, it wasn't anything major, I think it was something like dusty circuits, but never the less it had had it unable to launch a game that was running perfectly until this point.

And a detail you haven't mentioned, are ALL your drivers up to date ? Another stupidity I know, but always worth checking out just to be sure.

Drivers are up to date, I made sure.

Also not an issue of how old my PC is, the performance drop quite literally happened on the day that Silver Grove came out and only affected Warframe.

1 minute ago, Rubastax said:

Also not an issue of how old my PC is, the performance drop quite literally happened on the day that Silver Grove came out and only affected Warframe.

Warframe had a lighting update at that time, try turning the new lighting feature off, it helped me. 

(i forgot the name for the new lighting feature.. :l)

EDIT: Also, give us more info on your system.

It would help a lot.

Edited by SubjectL
edit edit edit

Just now, Rubastax said:

Like I said what I experienced happened out of nowhere.

Aside from these weird happenings... That's a pure performance issue and if material basis isn't to blame... Maybe... How much space do you have left on your memory ? A pc died on me because it hadn't enough space left, and that had it becoming awfully slow before the final crash killed the hard disk.

2 minutes ago, SubjectL said:

Warframe had a lighting update at that time, try turning the new lighting feature off, it helped me. 

It's the beautiful Volumetric Lighting you are talking about.

3 minutes ago, SubjectL said:

Also, give us more info on your system.

It would help a lot.

Also that could be useful as well.

2 hours ago, SubjectL said:

EDIT: Also, give us more info on your system.

It would help a lot.

I turned it off the moment I launched the game (I read the patch notes)... Aaaand I forgot the name as well.

I have 4gb ram, Intel Core i3 2.2ghz Dual Core, Nvidia GeForce 610m with 1gb VGA.

As weak as it is, it could run Warframe perfectly fine until Silver Grove and the lacking specs of my system in no way caused the performance drop that silver Grove caused.

1 hour ago, Rubastax said:

I turned it off the moment I launched the game (I read the patch notes)... Aaaand I forgot the name as well.

I have 4gb ram, Intel Core i3 2.2ghz Dual Core, Nvidia GeForce 610m with 1gb VGA.

As weak as it is, it could run Warframe perfectly fine until Silver Grove and the lacking specs of my system in no way caused the performance drop that silver Grove caused.

Like so, your system should be fine, meets the requirements. If I was you, just send a support ticket here

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

most likely a bug in warframe.  

1 hour ago, Rubastax said:

Just a wild guess, but could it be, your ram gets filled? 

You can see by launching in windowed mode and opening the task manager.

If your ram is full, your pc will revert to virtual ram on your harddrive, which to my pitifull knowledge could cause it to slow down.

Im mentioning this only because ram isnt that expensive.

2 hours ago, SubjectL said:

Yeah... You have no idea what glitches and bugs are, do you?

That's why they made something called 'Support'

You might want to try that out...

let me guess, you can run the game on high setting without a problem don't you? I have the same problem as OP, went to support they told me the exact same thing that OP already did (update drivers, turn off 64 bit etc.) and nothing works. I have to play with 15 fps ON MY ORBITER, they need to fix their performance issues.

If your ram is full, your pc will revert to virtual ram on your harddrive, which to my pitifull knowledge could cause it to slow down.

I have only 4G of Ram too and no problem, so that shouldn't be the issue.

4 minutes ago, Xirka said:

Talk to support, http://support.warframe.com/  they will be your best bet for sorting this out, and getting you back in game. 

One other thing, have you tried rolling back your graphics driver one update? Perhaps you are simply having an issue with the current one.

Thats true, if you use geforce experience, try using the drivers from the official page.

Nope.

Warframe usually uses 700mb-1gb of ram, with plenty to spare.

Quite honestly your system specs are quite low not even fit for gaming. Just because it meets requirements does not mean it has to run perfectly.

Also playing with other players affect your system, does it change when running solo?

I am using laptop with 8gb ram , 4gb graphic, 3.2ghz turbo, and i have to play on mid-low settings to keep it 30-60fps. But when i play on public it drops quite a bit.