Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Discussion] Gore And Blood.

IronRushBR

Hello guys!

What do you think about actual state in the game? Good? Few? More!

I would like more. Head pop, more blood, more blood using physX, etc...

More precision shot. If you shot on the feet with strong gun, half leg pop, etc...

while proper dismemberment is good, tho i'm afraid it will take too much resources for that detail ?

and too much fx might not be a good idea, but as long as it's in it's limit i think it's good, about how it is in the game now i think it's good enough.

i'm not sure if PhysX and blood would do good ?

and yet, a blood splat on my Warframe would definitely makes me feel much more badass and serious in slicing down those enemies.

I think a little more consistency in the gore would be nice. It's pretty weird to hit an enemy with a charged Scindo slash, and have them only do the animation where they slowly fall to their knees. This game has some pretty awesome gore, and it would be cool if you could sort of guarantee the type of gore you get.

An option to disable it.

I'd like to maximize peformance, since my framerate regularly drops to 8-10ish :/

I also prefer my Furax to consistently send people flying when I punch them, instead of half the time just punching a hole in their stomach while they kneel over like there's no momentum in them.

Ninja gaiden 2 gore levels and dismemberment would be cool (the original). So yep I want more gore with a slider maybe and option to disable.

Exactly Pearl. I think that too.

But we need an option to disable it too like Argoms said.(some people need a little more performance or don't like at all).

This game has a small Ninja Gaiden influence. Cut off foes with Ninja blade is amazing. I think more and more rich will be great.

I love to play with my melee weapon. With more new animations and more gore/blood would make this experience more fun.

I'd definitely love to see them adding some more damage deformers for various types of enemies, including the robotic enemies such as moas and drones. That aside, some more consistency (if a glaive hits a Corpus soldier horizontally aligned, it feels a little weird if he is suddenly cut in half vertically) and variety (blunt weapon and gun specific damage in addition to existing slashing weapon dismemberment) would be very nice.

As far as blood goes, I'd prefer more focus on the blood decals by introducing more variety (surface splatters, weapons, warframes etc.) and making them persist for a little longer duration. Rather than resorting to using PhysX fluid effects for the blood, which would make them available only for the Nvidia GPU users - not to mention, the PhysX fluid effects, especially if used for pools of blood/goo etc. tend to look a little too thick (as an example, Borderlands 2) which doesn't look all that good in my opinion.

Edited by Ayarai

I'd definitely love to see them adding some more damage deformers for various types of enemies, including the robotic enemies such as moas and drones. That aside, some more consistency (if a glaive hits a Corpus soldier horizontally aligned, it feels a little weird if he is suddenly cut in half vertically) and variety (blunt weapon and gun specific damage in addition to existing slashing weapon dismemberment) would be very nice.

As far as blood goes, I'd prefer more focus on the blood decals by introducing more variety (surface splatters, weapons, warframes etc.) and making them persist for a little longer duration. Rather than resorting to using PhysX fluid effects for the blood, which would make them available only for the Nvidia GPU users - not to mention, the PhysX fluid effects, especially if used for pools of blood/goo etc. tend to look a little too thick (as an example, Borderlands 2) which doesn't look all that good in my opinion.

I like much PhysX effects. Because that I bought nVidia vga. But what you said is valid also.

I'd like for gore to be consistent. I'm so disappointed that shooting the enemy's head ends up shooting an arm off.

Also when cutting a Void Corpus from shoulder to hip, the corpse spawns two heads.

One thing that always bothers me is that when enemies are in their dying animations, melee weapons won't affect them anymore. Visually, it just sort of irks me. Makes it feel unrealistic.

More dismemberment would be awesome though - legs/feet in particular (I'm always shooting shield grineer in the feet, and they just die...which looks ridiculous lol).

But otherwise, more gore is always welcome, and giving players options for this gore is always a bonus for those certain people and certain hardware.

EDIT: Also, as Oz270 mentions, it'd be awesome if we could have better "gore" for the corpus robotics - as well as the infested. They're pretty bland in terms of dying animations at the moment.

Edited by Niavlys77

i think the gore is pretty schizo, really. Sometimes this game has horrible gore sounds and animations, and sometimes a dude shatners as hammy as he can, and dies. Ther'es a lot of bodyparts, but it's not visceral. The whole game isnt' visceral. It's fast and arcadey, and none of the violence carries any weight.

Because of that, all of the violence comes off as puerile. S#&$ that a dumb 14 year old would think is super hard core, but crap that adults just find childish.

If the game is going to go balls in on the violence, make it heavier please. PLay condemned if you want to have a clue how melee should feel in a game.

I understand what you are saying Insomniac.

To me, any change who lead more consistent bloody animations and gore will be very appreciated. More blood in the scene, ground, walls, etc..

Head pop, body parts falling the same away your blade hits. If you hit the arm with strong gun, arm goes off, etc...

I think a little more consistency in the gore would be nice. It's pretty weird to hit an enemy with a charged Scindo slash, and have them only do the animation where they slowly fall to their knees. This game has some pretty awesome gore, and it would be cool if you could sort of guarantee the type of gore you get.

Exactly what i was thinking

While I'd love gore, I'd be happy with just getting rid of those damn elemental effect deaths. I hate those. I want to slice that guy in half, not watch him burn.

I hate it too