Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infected Operator Indicator?

MinimumGTP

Question

Is there any indicator to see if your operator is already infected?  I tried to self infect my operator and infect my operator with my friends' infected frames.  I don't see any indication (such as a cyst) that is was successful.  All of these attempts were done on Thursday well before the latest login reset.

Does anyone have any idea how to check?

Edited by MinimumGTP

7 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Firefly0037 said:

Are you talking about the operator or the frame?  Currently, as far as I'm aware, it can only be done on frames, and the only indication is seeing the cyst after being linked to a Nidus from him using his 3.

The operator himself.  From what I have read your operator can be infected but I don't see any actual indication of it outside of the actual initial infection event.

Just now, Trichouette said:

I believe the operator is immune to infectation.

You can infest him but it disappears almost instantly.

That's a shame.  I was hoping for something more than just the infested "Kubrow".  Since I started playing I have always wanted to be able to work with the infested or at the very least harness their power fully.  I can only continue to hope this becomes the case in the future.

Edited by MinimumGTP

yeah, the operator is completely immune to the infestation. lore that is backed by the in-mission voice over of the operator claiming that "we're immune to this infestation, however they will try to kill us." and the aggressive reaction the Helminth entity has when the operator enters its lair, it is afraid.

I'd be curious to see if we'll ever find out why the tenno are immune to the infestation.