The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status 2.0 (many revisions but to add in)

Teshin__

Status 2.0 was long ago forgotten, but it can be revived again.  Introducing Double proc'ing, and multi proc'ing.  When any weapon has a 100% chance or more, it can proc another type (be it physical or elemental) onto an enemy.  

If it reaches either 200% (elemental weapons of 2 elements), 300% (for physical weapons with no elements), or 400% (for singlular elemental weapons).  Here is what will happen:
-Adding a duplicate proc as a 'new' proc. Enhancing a procs damage by a long shot.
--It can also triple proc or quintillion proc'd. (using the Subscript under the proc type to indicate how many procs of that same type were used, when each will expire, it will drop one subscript)
--For Example: Physical weapons (slash, impact, puncture) will add another slash (if slash is the heavier damaged element chosen by stat proc mechanics) as a duplicate but subscript proc.
--(Which is another way of saying two slash procs at the same time).
 Theoretically doubling slash procs therefore, doubling that slash damage as a sum.
-Procs keep their normal duration as if it will be normally (even increased by longer status duration will benefit)

If it is Status on physical weapons, can we introduce:

Bleeding Chance:          Weakening Chance:           Slamming Chance:
+60% Slash Damage     +60%Puncture Damage     +60% Impact Damage
+60% Status Chance     +60% Status Chance         +60% Status Chance

Now about the Physical Status chance, its upto DE if they want to rid the Elements like they did rid Physical from elemental weapons. OR Allow physical on elemental weapons.
(It would make sense that both types of weapons use both types of mods, like +90% Slash damage on an ignis (that'll look gory))

Both Physical and Elements can benefit from Proc Criticals:
-Elements can spread by an offset of 1.25*x m with a 1.5 second spread (or splash).  Making it harder for enemies to escape your elemental wrath,
-Physical procs can boost damage by an exponent of 1.1^x (to either how effects work or by damage).
-X* denotes the subscript of the proc inflicted upon an enemy.  Higher the Status Chance, more devastating the weapon can potentially be.

It is reviving and breathing in a new concept of Status Chance.  Hopefully will make Weeping Wounds more effective, like Blood Rush is to Critical.

The reason about the Status bring-up is because everyone is using crit heavy while status, and channeling are becoming a thing of the past.  I also notice the unfairness of the IPS and elemental sides.  They were mentioned as follows: IPS (Impact, puncture, and slash (player taught me this abbreviation)) can add elements to the weapon to make it more powerful and decent.  But does not have its own status mods like elements do.  Elements are forbidden to use IPS mods but have elemental/ status mods, and can blend to a variety ways.  If anything first to be fixed is allowing both types to use another type or segregate IPS and make them have a status like elementals.

Then the +100% status chance can fall in later.  The introduction to stacking is starting to gain momentum, and was wondering about status.  Maybe also Channeling needs rework as well.  This is just a curious if it will happen.  (Now that i think about it, maybe just somehow scale the damage or something likely like the crit stacking)

8 hours ago, Teshin said:

The reason about the Status bring-up is because everyone is using crit heavy while status, and channeling are becoming a thing of the past.  I also notice the unfairness of the IPS and elemental sides.  They were mentioned as follows: IPS (Impact, puncture, and slash (player taught me this abbreviation)) can add elements to the weapon to make it more powerful and decent.  But does not have its own status mods like elements do.  Elements are forbidden to use IPS mods but have elemental/ status mods, and can blend to a variety ways.  If anything first to be fixed is allowing both types to use another type or segregate IPS and make them have a status like elementals.

Then the +100% status chance can fall in later.  The introduction to stacking is starting to gain momentum, and was wondering about status.  Maybe also Channeling needs rework as well.  This is just a curious if it will happen.  (Now that i think about it, maybe just somehow scale the damage or something likely like the crit stacking)

I do not agree that status is the thing of the past. Status weapons like Hema is hitting much harder than even the Soma. 

7 hours ago, Teshin said:

That is a very VERY interesting way of stacking elements.  Very useful.  How does it stack or does it fall into mine easily?

Basicly it's keeping in line with the current status system while changing it to make it both more powerful and balanced. The issue with status is not that it's unused (Staticor is a wonderful status weapon) or that having 100%+ is useless. The problem is that only certain procs are used, so it limits the weapons pool for end-content. Slash, Viral, Radiation, Gas, and in some rare points Corrosive. These are the faces of end-game. The problem with that is only Slash really does damage to the end-game mobs. Procs need to face a couple changes, and one of the big ones is HOW they affect enemies.

I think that doing something along the lines of Criticals (red status procs/overloaded procs) isn't too bad an idea. However, the way procs work also need to change.

The hybrid concept in my post basicly is that Physical Procs are the base while Elemental and Void procs are modifiers. EX: Puncture + Fire = Sear or Fire Lance. The weapon shots punch through and burn. 

On 1/1/2017 at 8:20 AM, EibonEthos said:

Basicly it's keeping in line with the current status system while changing it to make it both more powerful and balanced. The issue with status is not that it's unused (Staticor is a wonderful status weapon) or that having 100%+ is useless. The problem is that only certain procs are used, so it limits the weapons pool for end-content. Slash, Viral, Radiation, Gas, and in some rare points Corrosive. These are the faces of end-game. The problem with that is only Slash really does damage to the end-game mobs. Procs need to face a couple changes, and one of the big ones is HOW they affect enemies.

I think that doing something along the lines of Criticals (red status procs/overloaded procs) isn't too bad an idea. However, the way procs work also need to change.

The hybrid concept in my post basicly is that Physical Procs are the base while Elemental and Void procs are modifiers. EX: Puncture + Fire = Sear or Fire Lance. The weapon shots punch through and burn. 

I had a similar idea long ago about combining the physical and elements plus the 'viod energy' element which combined four...  (or if it isnt eshin, it was whiteknightace)  I agree with hybridization as well as stacking.

On 1/3/2017 at 6:22 PM, Almighty_Jado said:

What we need is a more useful purpose for Magnetic

I agree, like an AoE effect:
"Magnetic reduces an enemies shield by 50% while having an attraction radius of 5m."
This can define magnet as a crowd control as well as hilarious group hugs.

12 hours ago, Teshin said:

I agree, like an AoE effect:
"Magnetic reduces an enemies shield by 50% while having an attraction radius of 5m."
This can define magnet as a crowd control as well as hilarious group hugs.

Yes! Magnetic enemies attract other magnetic enemies. Excellent (and highly entertaining) idea!