Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nier automata demo

(PSN)watt4hem

So i've had nier automata on my radar since e3, it looks really great. And then i played the demo. Needless to say i was left in awe with how the combat feels so fluid.

That said, i'm buying this for sure. Problem is, i've only heard of the older nier briefly but never actually played it.

Is there anywhere i could read up the story to catch up? (i know that they won't have direct connection, but it's obvious they're still somehow connected. Like what's the deal with the tound faced smiley dude? He/she looks important)

ps. If you haven't played the demo, download it. Now. 's gud.

1 hour ago, Valteria. said:

Potential, but I don't know...

haven't look at Japanese games for awhile now. 

Not even Final Fantasy or Dark Souls, I mean it.

My last japanese game isn't so japanese either, bloodborne. The last real jrpg i played was kibgdom hearts birth by sleep a looong time ago.

What really sold me to this game tho is it has this god war feel but much more 'flowy', it has awesome soundtracks, albeit the mc is kinda your generic japanese edgy kids, the boss designs are cool, and is made by platinum games (made okami a long time ago, which had superb story)

8 hours ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

So i've had nier automata on my radar since e3, it looks really great. And then i played the demo. Needless to say i was left in awe with how the combat feels so fluid.

That said, i'm buying this for sure. Problem is, i've only heard of the older nier briefly but never actually played it.

Is there anywhere i could read up the story to catch up? (i know that they won't have direct connection, but it's obvious they're still somehow connected. Like what's the deal with the tound faced smiley dude? He/she looks important)

ps. If you haven't played the demo, download it. Now. 's gud.

If you have like 4 hours to spare, there is a youtube video with all cutscenes tied together into a movie

7 hours ago, Cynaris said:

If you have like 4 hours to spare, there is a youtube video with all cutscenes tied together into a movie

Found it, i'll probably watch it in 4 or 8 session though:community:

Does drakengard ties in too? Cause i found the bot in the trailer was holding a flower very similiar to that of the one stuck on the main character of drakengard

10 hours ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

Found it, i'll probably watch it in 4 or 8 session though:community:

Does drakengard ties in too? Cause i found the bot in the trailer was holding a flower very similiar to that of the one stuck on the main character of drakengard

Same universe, but not related afaik