The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Rain causing FPS drops

NekoHaxor

Whenever on a part of a map where it rains, the framerate keeps dipping every dozen seconds, from 60 to choppy 15-40 for a second or few, making playing quite unpleasant. Is there anything that could be done about this?

Edit: Recently dropping to 5-10 on Ceres even when inside and no rain.

Edited by NekoHaxor

1 hour ago, NekoHaxor said:

Whenever on a part of a map where it rains, the framerate keeps dipping every dozen seconds, from 60 to choppy 15-40 for a second or few, making playing quite unpleasant. Is there anything that could be done about this?

what are you running for video hardware?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2017 at 8:09 PM, UltimateGrr said:

what are you running for video hardware?

Sorry for the late reply, I'm playing on a laptop with a GTX960m. Processor is i5-6300HQ running at 2.3 GHz when turbo is off (goes up to 2.6 or 2.8 I believe, maybe more).

5 hours ago, NekoHaxor said:

Sorry for the late reply, I'm playing on a laptop with a GTX960m. Processor is i5-6300HQ running at 2.3 GHz when turbo is off (goes up to 2.6 or 2.8 I believe, maybe more).

Umm.  Wow.  You're barely over the minimum system specs for with that set up, so I'd set everything to low and disable all the bells and whistles in game, and disable both DX11 and DX10 from the launcher.

On 1/15/2017 at 7:42 PM, UltimateGrr said:

Umm.  Wow.  You're barely over the minimum system specs for with that set up, so I'd set everything to low and disable all the bells and whistles in game, and disable both DX11 and DX10 from the launcher.

Did that, rain still has the same effect on the performance.

On 1/15/2017 at 7:42 PM, UltimateGrr said:

You're barely over the minimum system specs for with that set up, so I'd set everything to low and disable all the bells and whistles in game, and disable both DX11 and DX10 from the launcher.

That's a lie, that laptop is just fine for a mix of medium to high settings. People always keep underselling laptops and expecting everything to demand the latest GTX 1080 Titan 8GB VRAM with Intel i7 eight core clocked at 5GHz or something and anything lower is potatograde. Elitism of the uglier quality, and I say this as a PC gamer myself.
Warframe isn't so demanding, and that's a good thing, that's a compliment to the optimization of the game, it should be all-inclusive to people with a variety of computers available. Expands the playerbase.

On to the topic at hand, I'm afraid I don't know how to help, the latest weather update was supposed to ease the load of the effects. Maybe tell us your ingame options menu settings, whether you've updated to the latest Nvidia drivers, tweaked the Nvidia control Panel settings for the Warframe executable, given admin rights to the exe file, investigated background programs during playing etc.