Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Revision

Sorrows_End

Another rework for Oberon. Looking at my old one, it seemed a bit awkward and difficult to effectively work with. Looking at other things as well, there are some Oberon purist who want to change the least number of things possible with Oberon. In reality, the biggest problem with Oberon is that he is attempting to fill multiple roles at once and such a thing is limiting how effective he can be with specific roles. Here are my thoughts on his (new) rework idea.

Oberon is inspired by a druid and paladin, as such, it would be a good and fair idea to incorporate both into his being. Previous plans held a dual aspect component that changes the powers depending on the aspect equipped, but it would be simpler and would allow more flow if a model similar to Ivara or Vauban were followed.

As such, here are the proposed changes:

1. Judgement: Oberon cycles through 4 different methods of judgement, allowing him unique methods in striking down the enemy.

1a. Smite: same as before, but can be held charged up like a bow to be fired at an enemy.

1b. Lightning Spear: a fairly complex power, Oberon charges a lightning spear, maintaining it as long as the power button is held down. There are three levels of charge, at the first, it will deal 500 base damage and peel off 40% of armor, at the second, it will deal 1000 base damage and peel off 75% of armor, and at the third level of charge, it will deal 1500 base damage and peel off 100% of armor while dealing radial damage. each charge costs an extra 25 energy, and spears have travel time. At the third level of charge however, spears will track enemies.

1c. Seeking Hunters: Oberon summons 3/5/7/9 woodland spirits that will fly about the battlefield firing beams of radiation at foes. These woodland spirits will be vengeful souls of war, and thus be depicted as the skulls of vicious beasts. The spirits will occasionally give pulses of health to allies.

1d. Ravenous Crows: Oberon dispels into a swarm of flesh eating crows, flying about the battlefield totally invincible. Enemies caught in the crows will begin to panic. If Oberon reforms over an enemy that is panicking, he will automatically perform a finisher on them. Damage from the crows is rather light.

2. Consecrated Sanctuary: Hallowed ground with all of its buffs for allies, but dispelled in a radial fashion. Standing in the flames will also grant consecrated armor, which is armor like Rhino's Iron Skin, but weaker (Still viable at higher levels though). Consecrated armor can only be granted once.

3. Renewing Guardians: Now an aura that spreads out 25/40/60/75 meters without mods. Health will regenerate as normal, but allies will also get a small radiation aura, boosted armor, and two woodland spirits based off the caster's Kubrow/Kavat or a placeholder to help guard them.

4. Reckoning: Oberon lifts enemies into the air as usual, but holding the power button will keep them in the air, and pressing the directional buttons while they are suspended will result in enemies being thrown around like a ragdoll, dealing damage. Aiming the camera elsewhere will only move them, but slamming them into a wall will deal damage. Once the power button is released, Oberon will then slam them into the ground, creating a small radial area of hallowed ground. Enemies that are killed by this are guaranteed to drop 2 health orbs. With this, enemies defeated by reckoning will also have a chance of spawning a woodland spirit for a short time to fight and distract any remaining enemies.

Now, onto the finer details of Oberon, his passives and stats:

Forest Whisperer: Allows Oberon use of both a sentinel and animal companion at once OR When Oberon deals critical damage a finisher, 2 kubrow spirits will be summoned to fight alongside him for a short period of time. Timer is reset at the next crit finisher

Guardian of the Wild: If a player pet, including allies in Oberon's team, dies, its body will remain for the entirety of the mission. With the body remaining, Oberon can approach and resurrect the fallen pet, bringing them back into the battlefield.

Stats:

Health: 150

Shield: 125

Armor: 250

Energy: 125

Speed: 0.95

Edited by Densetsu_No_Hikari
Added alternative for Oberon's passive. Scrapped first option for passive and revised second passive. Added a new idea for passive. Revised stats. Revised his Reckoning power.

Good idea, but i bear sad tidings.

Copy this post and save it somewhere and post it again when its relevant.

Limbo is gonna go next and after hes done it maybe be better for you to suggest this.

Because this post will be lost to the depths of warframe forums before limbo rework is out, just telling you.

Also the passive will not fly... never being able to have a dog/cat + sentinel is something DE did not intend and will not approve off.

Edited by Flustershy

3 minutes ago, Flustershy said:

Good idea, but i bear sad tidings.

Copy this post and save it somewhere and post it again when its relevant.

Limbo is gonna go next and after hes done it maybe be better for you to suggest this.

Because this post will be lost to the depths of warframe forums before limbo rework is out, just telling you.

Alright, I'll keep this nearby once that's done, thanks for letting me know

3 minutes ago, LolenderVx2 said:

its 4, which it is a little ... weird, but even so, it sounds great! 

Confession time, I added that to his 4th so that when I use it I can shout "Let's do the fork in the garbage disposal!" and fling the Grineer around like sacks of potatoes. XD

xD

I have a idea for the passive, that fills a little the rols that he use more: 

Retributive benevolence: Oberon deals 10% more damage to irradiated enemies. Also, it heals his allies more faster based on how hurt they are (His heals are 2% more powerful every 4% of life that its allies lack) (However, is only a idea v,v)