Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea: Stagerankings

Korui

Before all, sorry for my bad english.

Okay my idea is a Ranking within a Completed Stage like F for the worst Stageclear and SSS for the best possible Stageclear. Ranking will be decided with the factors Damage Dealt, Damage Received and Time to Clear the Stage. It should also be rewarding at some point, for example getting a random white mod for A-S Clear,random green mod for SS Clear and a blue one for SSS. Of course the mods should be somehow related to the weapons the person used to clear the map( or to troll the players, relate them with the weapons and warframes of his/her teammates). And in addtion the Rankings should be saved for each Stage, so that if a Player finishes all Stages within a Planet with S rank, he could be awarded with an special item or at least with a title. And i would like the rankings to be hard to aquire because that way good players and veterans would have to repeat some levels if they want the extras and this way the "play only once"- Stations would be played more often.

I would say this is not a bad idea and the best would be if every stage has it own highscorebord for steahltkills/time (i know not with the current stealthsystem) time, headshots ... (all this would be for solo)

The same would be nice for squads. Like the Squad [username A,username B,username C, usernameD] cleard this stage with 100% headshots

but number of enemies should be fix for each mission

btw: allready done with the new DmC ?? xD

Edited by antimab

Yep, done ^^.

And i like your idea, it kinda sounds like a hall of fame for the best of the best in a specific stage, which would increase the competition with others.

Probably it would be nice if there would be a fixed reward for SSS- Stageclear, for example Hades with SSS- Ranking will give the player Puncture for sure , but with random level and random weapon requirement. That way you would know a sure spot where you could farm specific mods. Or at least combine it with this idea :

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/7449-mod-blueprints/

My only issue with this idea is the randomness involved when joining a public game. All too often, I join a map when the sqaud is heading to the extraction point. It would probably be a great idea for solo and private matches as you can have all the players do the round from start to finish. The idea of a tier reward system does sound pretty sweet.

~Coup

I say no. You see the thing is it's nearly impossible to rank something that is randomized.

There is nothing randomized except the stage itself, which could influence the time ranking, but you could just make a 9 min run an SSS Ranking . I wanted a hard ranking but not an impossible ranking like 2minutes for SSS-ranking. It all could be balanced out. And for the Damage and Damage received it could also balanced.

My only issue with this idea is the randomness involved when joining a public game. All too often, I join a map when the sqaud is heading to the extraction point. It would probably be a great idea for solo and private matches as you can have all the players do the round from start to finish. The idea of a tier reward system does sound pretty sweet.

~Coup

In the end you would just get an F-Ranking, but after that round you could just start a new round. People would start to play a map twice or more to achieve the best ranking like bossruns with Hades. That way it wouln´t hurt too much joining a game that is almost cleared.

So what would an F rank get? Also, what happens if you track the Rankings? Getting an F because the game place in a match that wsa 90% doesn't seem very fair. Speed could also be a factor because there have been time when miniboss triggers happened as a result of someone spawning into the game after that area was cleared. I still stand by only implementing this for Solo or Private matches. Doing it with solo and Private also gives some friendly competitiion with friends.

~Coup

I say no. You see the thing is it's nearly impossible to rank something that is randomized.

What he said.

There is nothing randomized except the stage itself,

That's where you are wrong. The amount of enemies, length of a map, potentially tacked-on secondary objectives, spawning pattern of heavies and keypasses required to progress is randomized per mission. No run is like the one before, not even Defense missions, where the amount of enemies and types of enemies is randomized. That changes all secondary data, such as damage dealt, accuracy, damage per second, pickups, kills, headshots, etc.

By the way, "SSS" ranking is stupid. That's like adding an 11 to a speaker to imply that it's louder. Any given scale goes from 0% to 100%, regardless of steps. And there is absolutely no need, in the entire sea of reasons, to copy Debbie Might Coo.

Past that, the entire principle is epeen admiration. Just like "achievements".

Edited by Ced23Ric

Hmm even if you don´t like my idea of a rankingsystem. At least there should be thoughts about how you can make a map be playable twice. (Except farmplaces <.<) Because currently i just think of all non-boss stages that they are boring to be played twice and theres nothing that i couldn´t get from a bossstage instead.

And sorry that i got that idea from another game but "warframe" itself is just another idea of a game.

Don´t know if there´s something like closed in a beta forum, but i think this thread can be closed.