The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game Freezing, sound/actions still work

MonsturCat

Problem is that I started to get freezes around the afterpatches of warwithin, previously the game worked flawlessly. Every other game works just perfect on my pc (apart from AC:Black Flag, that thing is just poorly ported)

It has been getting worse for last couple of days, today I could not finish a single mission because of constant freezing resulting into alt+f4 and even after rejoining it freezes with in minutes.

The sounds keep on going and I can do stuff (noted by my friends in same mission) but the image just freezes and I have to rejoin the match, often resulting into time wasted because I could not get enough fragments for drops. Very frustrating.

Also other various bugs have been happening, like menu's lagging while swithing equimpent or frames, warframe models taking longer to load when spawning, completely random masssive fps drops in places where there are no taxing stuff for gpu, fragments in relic missions are not showing their markers even though I haven't yet collected 10 fragments to complete the mission. ping related issues (ping is fine, but things are still teleporting/warping around), unnecessarily large cpu usage on one core resulting into lower gpu usage=lower fps than before. Things like intercept missions having one capture zone be bugged underground (atleast for me, but only once) and 50% of time not showing me the capturing process in %

In short, alot of weird stuff

Things I have tried to fix it:

• Verify/Optimize trough launcher, no effect
  • Verify from steam, no effect + it seems to give errors or missing files even though I have just downloaded them.
  • Re-downloading the game twice, no effect
  • Disabling DX10/11, no effect
  • Switching file locations (upon downloading) from SSD to HDD, no effect, not even in loading times.
  • Different drivers from nvidia, no effect
  • Ramping up the gpu fans to keep the gpu in the mid 50's C, no effect

Specs: 

i7 4770k @4.5ghz

GTX-780 Ghz edition, stock (boost 1110Mhz)

16Gb 1866mhz ddr3

850w psu

I'm having the same issue as well.

Happens when I'm just running towards extraction as well as during heavy skill usage with majority being on Nidus. Previously had no issues what-so-ever with crashing or anything. As OP mentioned I can hear myself shooting and moving about. I can also hear Lotus's transmissions as well as the sounds when you extract but I can only force quit to get back into the game.

Specs:

• GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
  • i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50 GHz
  • 7.9 GB RAM

I think it might be related to network activity, or rather, the lack thereof. Whenever host and clients are loading slow, or have problems syncing, the frame rate of the game slows down or even completely freezes for a considerable amount of time. This latest patch appears to have made it worse.

On 1/3/2017 at 9:58 AM, MonsturCat said:

It has been getting worse for last couple of days, today I could not finish a single mission because of constant freezing resulting into alt+f4 and even after rejoining it freezes with in minutes.

The sounds keep on going and I can do stuff (noted by my friends in same mission) but the image just freezes and I have to rejoin the match, often resulting into time wasted because I could not get enough fragments for drops. Very frustrating.

This is making me think you GPU is crashing. I'm not sure if it will help but i did find that lowering my gtx 770's GPU clock speed to the reference speed fixed the crashes. In your case though i would just try lowering it since it looks like you would lose a lot by reducing it down to reference speeds.

• Verify from steam, no effect + it seems to give errors or missing files even though I have just downloaded them.

I would avoid doing this, Steam uses a very old version of warframe.

(ping is fine, but things are still teleporting/warping around)

From what i can tell this occurs when the host is lagging due to their computer not being able to process the game fast enough.