Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

9 God and good riven

Wesheu

8 minutes ago, 2cups said:

If I took a dual stat mod of Tigris prime would that Tigris riven still make the Tigris prime 100% status?

With hell's chamber + 2 mods 60% status chance like toxic barage + shell shock you get 98.8% status chance

Edited by Wesheu

Wesheu, I don't mean to be attempting to hinder your efforts at trading your Tigris riven, but you might want to take a look at this and understand why even 98.8% status won't work for a status-based Tigris Prime.

Also relevant is this thread created by the same guy who withdrew his intial offer for your Tigris riven:

To be very clear: did you test that latter mod set-up (3 60/60s and your riven) with the listed 100% status in the Simulacrum? Because numbers in the arsenal tend to be rounded up. If it isn't proccing on every pellet, that means that the status isn't truly 100%, more like 99.9% which does not yield the same results as a 4 60/60 modded Tigris.

Edited by InsomnIaC.
1 minute ago, InsomnIaC. said:

Wesheu, I don't mean to be attempting to hinder your efforts at trading your Tigris riven, but you might want to take a look at this and understand why even 98.8% status won't work for a status-based Tigris Prime.

Also relevant is this thread created by the same guy who withdrew his intial offer for your Tigris riven:

To be very clear: did you test that latter mod set-up with the listed 100% status in the Simulacrum? Because numbers in the arsenal tend to be rounded up. If it isn't proccing on every pellet, that means that the status isn't truly 100%, more like 99.9% which does not yield the same results as a 4 60/60 modded Tigris.

Status procs do happen on the tigris. Since tigris is heavily slash based, a slash proc can deal a lot of damage.

Just now, patty60205 said:

Status procs do happen on the tigris. Since tigris is heavily slash based, a slash proc can deal a lot of damage.

I'm not sure whether you're disagreeing with me, but by quoting me I think you misunderstood the message I was trying to convey.

I know what slash procs do and Tigris' capability to do them, what's noteworthy in that video is that with a >100% status chance, EVERY pellet procs. as opposed to anything less than 100% where there's a much lower chance for each pellet to proc. The math is explained in the video, but suffice to say a good approximation would be to divide the status proc chance by the number of pellets. This means to say a status chance of 99.9% distributed among 10 pellets would result in an individual ~10% chance for each pellet to proc, while for a guaranteed >100% status chance every pellet has a 100% chance to proc. This is why 100% status Tigris Prime is superior for sustained dps due to its capability to guarantee multiple slash procs with every shot.

In the last screenshot which shows 100% it is not actually at the point where every pellet procs status.

The status chance without multishot is at 30*(1+0.6+0.6+0.6+0.446)=97.38

The reason it shows 100% is because it factors in multishot and rounds up.

Factoring in multishot the status chance becomes:

(1-(30*(1+0.6+0.6+0.6+0.446)*0.01))^2.778=0.00004036834

100-0.00004036834=99.9999596317

And of course the UI rounds 99.9999596317 up to 100.0.

Edited by Senguash
11 minutes ago, Senguash said:

In the last screenshot which shows 100% is not actually at the point where every pellet procs status.

The status chance is at 30*(1+0.6+0.6+0.6+0.446)=97.38

The reason it shows 100% is because it factors in multishot and rounds up.

Factoring in multishot the status chance becomes:

(1-(30*(1+0.6+0.6+0.6+0.446)*0.01))^2.778=0.00004036834

100-0.00004036834=99.9999596317

And of course the UI rounds 99.9999596317 up to 100.0.

Thanks for the clarification.

To add on, I just did testing with a Strun Wraith (base status of 40%):

1st trial: Modded with 2 60/60s (Shell Shock, Toxic Barrage) and a rank 4 Shotgun Savvy (+25% status chance).

Without multishot, the status is 40%*(1+0.6+0.6+0.25) = 98.0%

With Hell's Chamber equipped, the arsenal conveniently rounds the status chance figure to 100%.

However, upon testing in the Simulacrum, a full 10-magazine emptied into a lvl 145 Corrupted Heavy Gunner DOES NOT get stripped of all armor. Visually, it can also be observed that not every pellet is proccing any status effects.

2nd trial: Modded with the same 2 60/60 mods and a fully-ranked Shotgun Savvy (+30%), the status chance with or without multishot is now 100%.

Emptying 4-6 rounds of the magazine into the same lvl 145 Corrupted Heavy Gunner does result in the health bar turning to red, indicating a much higher frequency of corrosive procs. Visually, it can also be seen that a good majority of pellets are doing procs, similar to the case shown in the video I posted above.

Hence the required status chance for a Tigris riven to replace a 60/60 mod on the Tigris Prime still stands at 53.4%. Sorry to say, unless they buff the disposition on Tigris or rework the way <100% status works on pellet-type weapons, that status roll does virtually nothing for the Tigris, prime or not.

Edited by InsomnIaC.
34 minutes ago, InsomnIaC. said:

I'm not sure whether you're disagreeing with me, but by quoting me I think you misunderstood the message I was trying to convey.

I know what slash procs do and Tigris' capability to do them, what's noteworthy in that video is that with a >100% status chance, EVERY pellet procs. as opposed to anything less than 100% where there's a much lower chance for each pellet to proc. The math is explained in the video, but suffice to say a good approximation would be to divide the status proc chance by the number of pellets. This means to say a status chance of 99.9% distributed among 10 pellets would result in an individual ~10% chance for each pellet to proc, while for a guaranteed >100% status chance every pellet has a 100% chance to proc. This is why 100% status Tigris Prime is superior for sustained dps due to its capability to guarantee multiple slash procs with every shot.

Neither. I do know that status is split among pellets and crit is for every pellet. Justing saying that status does work on weapons like the tigris or dread. Especially bleed and viral, but corrosive, not so much.

2 minutes ago, patty60205 said:

Neither. I do know that status is split among pellets and crit is for every pellet. Justing saying that status does work on weapons like the tigris or dread. Especially bleed and viral, but corrosive, not so much.

Corrosive actually works pretty well with 100% status shotguns, since each proc lasts forever. With each shot from a 100% Tigris Prime, Strun Wraith or Boar Prime, you can do multiple corrosive procs which makes armor stripping much, much faster.

The procs that can't stack ontop of each other are radiation, viral, blast, magnetic, impact, puncture, cold, heat, and electricity. Each of these only apply their effects once.

Whereas procs like corrosive, gas, toxin, and slash can and do stack on top of each other (from the same shot) for increased damage over the duration of their procs.

14 minutes ago, Wesheu said:

WOW Thank you for your messages, to be honest I do not really understand everything, I did not advance on the calculations but thank you for your clarification

No problem man, thanks for taking the advice so constructively even though it's making the mod look bad. I'm glad you were able to learn something from this.

11 minutes ago, Karma23 said:

So unless i've rolled the highest possible status chance for a Tigris Riven, i think it is possible to actually roll the required 53.4% status chance on a tigris riven. Mine is off by 1.4%.

I'd say it is, but the probability is really, really low. Pity about yours, that would have made a good replacement for a 60/60. Maybe, just maybe, they'd buff the disposition for Tigris...? ._.

Or rework status for shotguns and continuous weapons.

3 minutes ago, InsomnIaC. said:

I'd say it is, but the probability is really, really low. Pity about yours, that would have made a good replacement for a 60/60. Maybe, just maybe, they'd buff the disposition for Tigris...? ._.

Or rework status for shotguns and continuous weapons.

Personally i'll just keep rolling it until i get a multi-shot around what it is now and a damage roll or just a higher status chance. Even running it just for the straight damage i still come out with 26k slash, 22k heat, and 26k corrosive. So its still a huge damage boost.