Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe app needs some love

BlueHandSoap

I recently downloaded the official warframe app and its pretty decent. The only problem is some sections wont load and its kinda buggy. I think it has a lot of potential to become very useful to people who cant spend 100% of their time in game. If DE could give it a bit more attention and fix it up that would be awesome

Thank you for posting! I get most of my feedback for the app from this forum, so any and all comments, suggestions, and issues are welcome.

10 minutes ago, Sinanju0608 said:

The only problem is some sections wont load and its kinda buggy.

Can you be a bit more specific about the sections and other bugs you are experiencing, please? The more details you can give the more likely I'll be able to fix them!

I hope you continue to enjoy the app!

I remain,

Jacob

47 minutes ago, [DE]JacobB said:

Thank you for posting! I get most of my feedback for the app from this forum, so any and all comments, suggestions, and issues are welcome.

Can you be a bit more specific about the sections and other bugs you are experiencing, please? The more details you can give the more likely I'll be able to fix them!

I remain,

Jacob

I hope you fix the PS4 login with Sony's 2 factor auth enabled.  Currently, you can enter your username / password, but get a white screen and no way to enter the auth code. 

31 minutes ago, [DE]JacobB said:

I remain,

Jacob

I have been a constant user of the app ever since it allowed changing of resource extractors.

I love this feature in particular, and I occasionally use it for foundry, esp to change my daily forma when I am on vacation.

as for bugginess, I frequently experience weird pauses when trying to extract resources. I usually have to resolve this by going to a different section (like codex) and then returning to extractor section to reload it. Sometimes this happens quite a bit and I find that resource extraction can end up being time consuming. I would say that only about 25% of the time does resource extaction go smoothly, in which case it takes me about 2 minutes to do. But often I have to go through the whole rigamaroll a few times and it can take me a good 5 minutes. Sometimes I am tempted to boot up my computer in the morning before I send the kids off to school for the sole purpose of changing my titan extractors because it could take me about the same amount of time.

Furthermore, I find that about once per week, the screen freezes and stays black. When that happens, I so far have found no other option other than deleting the whole app and re-downloading it. This can be annoying because it causes a further delay but also because I am concerned about the data use of the download when I am not on wifi. 

Weirdly, I find that I encounter the first issue I wrote about after I re-download a new fresh warframe app. Hope that helps!

Also, I use an iphone 5c. I also very seldom actually turn my iphone off, so not sure if that might contribute to the problem. But I definitely encountered the same issues on my old phones which were androids.

Thanks Jacob and appreciate all the good work you are doing! Let me part with my #1 wished feature for the app:

Please have an auto-redeploy feature for extactors which would automatically redeploy all extractors to the planets that they were deployed on (programmed such that they would get deployment with spare extractors of the same type with the highest remaining health). After all, in game there is a feature to remove all extractors at once. This simple feature would spare me 4 extra steps (each of which has a chance of pausing/freezing). This would reduce the amount of steps with independent loading from 10 to 6 (5 resource extractions and then 5 redeployments versus 1 extraction like it currently is in game and then 5 redeployments). And of course if there were a prompt to redeploy all (similar to how in the app you have a prompt to renew construction of an item of the same type in foundry, which mercifully saves several steps) that would be ideal. As this could reduce the process to two steps: collect all extractors and then redeploy all extractors, which would result in a one minute overall process. Please DEJacob! Make it happen :)

The most frequent and consistent issue i am facing is that the warframe and weapon sections of the inventory won't load. It just has the loading icon going on forever. Also, im not sure how difficult it would be, but maybe you could add the ability to equip/upgrade mods through the app.