The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I repeat, You can’t balance enemies around 12045% more damage

DrBorris

Rivans killed the motivation to play for me. Skill based challenges to unviel them is a massive turn off... I have a big problem with some of these challenges to the point I asked for help from Rebecca! 

Another Material to farm that I have to use my Operator for and I really don't want to! The Mechanic is clunky, unresponsive and slow for me, just let me get in close with my Nikana and hack the Guards to piece's pleaaaaase.

I've played for a good 4 or so years and I used to praise the Devs at every turn but these days they seem to be more about their image of the game and platinum sales than listening to the players like they used to. "Suck It Up Noobs!" Is essentially the new attitude of the Devs.

i don't even need to read most of that - it's absolutely a problem that has only continued to grow over time.

if the Delta between Player Stats can vary by 50-110x, nothing will ever provide any sort of challenge or resistance.
especially paired with the constant access of Players to turning off Enemies so that you can dispatch them without contest.

basically, Warframe can't be more than an AFKFarming simulator that is nothing more than two steps away from playing itself without human input at all, as long as Players have access to all of this.

so great, if you gotta have 'muh stats' like so many do - i hope you enjoy a game that you're always guaranteed to win, and Gameplay doesn't need you to be there, your job as a Player is nothing as you don't need to be there in the first place.
just like other games that decided infinite stats was something they could pull off, which all dig their own graves. but as ever, the Players don't care, they got their fantasy for N time, and then move on to the next game and whine about not getting that there until that game bends to their will. and repeat.

- - - - - 

anyways, if the Delta on Stats was slashed, and the Delta on Enemies was slashed, and we go to a middleground of 'epic 1v1 duel with every single Enemy' and 'AFKFarming simulator' - then Warframe could provide some resistance and challenge at pretty much all times, while allowing some power fantasy, without going too far into either direction.
and then you can have those Enemies that are more interesting to deal with, and your actions as a Player actually mattering to some degree. all of those things that everyone says they want in a game, but then the actions of so many says otherwise.

a lot of what exists now, doesn't need to disappear. it just needs to be less extreme so that other choices can actually be... choices. rather than garbage filler that is a waste of Local Disk Space and a waste of Render Time.
allow any and all mixtures one wants (minus Equipping duplicates still ofc). just make the different choices that compete in the same category of stats, actually have tradeoffs to one another. then you get personal preferences choosing all of the options, sometimes. rather than the usual that we've had for years, where everything looks 99% the same.

which in that regard, ironically Damage v1 had one major advantage, that there were exactly 4 useful Mods for Primaries, 5 useful Mods for Shotguns, 5 useful Mods for Secondaries, and 4 useful Mods for Melees. plus Punch-Through for almost all Guns.
after that, further Damage Mods were basically useless for actual Damage - so Players Equipped whatever Utility stuff they wanted, because it really didn't matter if they Equipped another Damage Mod, all they got out of it was stacking more Status CC Types (but for example an Enemy that is Electrified AND on Fire is still identically as incapacitated, so both does nothing useful).