Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible New Enemy?

Boomstick720

Hey guys, so I was looking at some of the forums earlier today and came across one thread that basically was just talking about if tenno were closer to samurai rather than ninjas, and it got me thinking.

Why not have a samurai-like enemy?

I mean, traditional ninjas were the "bane" of traditional samurai, why not have space ninjas be the "bane" of space samurai?

If not adding this as a standard enemy, or a heavy enemy, why not add it as a boss?  Or rather, why not rework a boss with this type of "moveset".  Tyl Regor comes to mind as a possible candidate, as he already wields a blade, and we could do for a boss that basically isn't a buffed captain vor.

Thoughts?

Stalker

The Stalker is still a "ninja", as he's very Tenno-like.

Just to refresh your memory, and in very few words, a Samurai is a straight-up combatant that values honour and stuff (the oriental equivalent of a knight) and a Ninja is a shadow fighter/assassin that doesn't care about honour and stuff (the oriental equivalent of an assassin, I guess).

Samurai also have heavy armour and ninjas tend to value mobility and agility over protection, so the Tenno (in most cases anyway) would fit ninjas more than samurai - using any weapon and any means to destroy their enemy. The line is quite thin though, especially when it comes to heavier weaponry and protection (I'd say a Rhino with a heavy weapon reminds me more of a samurai).

Edited by AndryB94

Stalker

What he said ;)

Isn't stalker more like a ninja though?  I mean, like he works in the shadows, attacks at random times, and with very little warning.  The only thing I guess you could say is more "samurai-like" though is his aggressive tactics where he constantly tries to close the distance between you to hit you with his hate.

As for the Rhino comparison, I suppose it is true that of all the tenno, Rhino does most resemble a samurai, in everything in except basic technique I suppose.

Ah well.  Just throwing an idea out there.