Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara Build

Bk201HeadShot

Question

9 answers to this question

Ugh... Swatcop that's disturbing, no, no I can't =p

Anyhow @Bk201HeadShot here's the builds I'm currently using.

Stealth build -

Spoiler

9BCDA3E57FA5B4F163035BCF808682C3D76927A7 (1680×1050)

^this one is purely built around using Prowl and Sleep Arrow. Prowling around the map, opening lockers, looking for "stuff" and keeping the Stealth Multiplier rolling. 

This one is my "lazy spy" build-

Spoiler

12A86183734FDB2042643C160EB4B14555F7B862 (1680×1050)

^I normally do Spy missions as if I wasn't using Infiltrate but it's there so that if I am really feeling lazy or want to wrap it up quicker I can just bypass stuff.
 Intruder is there because most of the time I don't need it but I think I am a bit derp at hacking and also failed Sortie/Nightmare hacks suck. =p

The Survivability mods are there because even tho this can go long term Prowl just like Build A you can also just run around like a "normal person" with this build too, and not get totally one-shot by anything that sneezes your way.  And there's totally room to fit them, so why not? ;-)

Config C is more or less an Artemis Bow build. It also works as a "just running around playing the game not in Prowl" build too.

Spoiler

6EA6A1F6CA9518F966E65018E580FBF2CB14FEF5 (1680×1050)

^ one of my original goals here was to be able to use Ivara on Lua to kill Sentients without a lot of fuss. 
- the Prowl build doesn't work too well for that if you're playing with friends, are in Prowl and when the Sentients show up your friends run over to stand near you. =p

So again the idea with C was to be able to play Ivara for anything that wasn't basically Solo Stealth Exterminate or Spy missions.

I'll admit I am a compulsive Quick Melee player so don't use Artemis Bow a lot, but it's nice to be able to pop it off and on when I'm in the mood for it. 

Also on that thought, Ivara is my most used frame so when I play with my friends/others I really tend not to use her and play all the other things instead, heh.

Anyhow, Cheers and Happy Hunting, Tenno! 
~R~

General use

Spoiler

Mods

• Aura: Corrosive Projection, Enemy Radar, or Loot Detector
  • Exilus: Power Drift
  • Rank 4 Streamline
  • Rank 4 Fleeting Expertise
  • Primed Flow
  • Narrow Minded
  • Stretch
  • Overextended
  • Transient Fortitude
  • Inflitrate

Stats

• 121.5% duration
  • 175% efficiency
  • 169% range
  • 110% strength

Explanation

Maxed efficiency. Streamline and Fleeting Expertise at rank 4 to reach exactly 175% efficiency to not waste mod capacity and power duration. Positive strength to guarantee a pickpocket with Prowl. Infiltrate for added mobility, easy Spy missions, and because I'm really bad with forgetting laser gates exist. I prioritize range over duration to get a slightly bigger Cloak Arrow and Sleep Arrow range since I don't mind having to recast the ability when it runs out.

Other options

Trade Infiltrate for Primed Continuity (176.5% duration) if you don't need Infiltrate. I use this build for Assassination missions.

You can replace some or all of Narrow Minded, Overextended, Transient Fortitude, and Power Drift for some or all of Primed Continuity, Constitution, Intensify, and Cunning Drift to play with the duration, range, and strength stats to fit your needs and play style.

Focus farming and weapon leveling

Spoiler

Mods

• Aura: Enemy Radar
  • Exilus: Cunning Drift
  • Rank 4 Streamline
  • Rank 4 Fleeting Expertise
  • Primed Flow
  • Primed Continuity
  • Constitution
  • Stretch
  • Overextended
  • Infiltrate

Stats

• 133% duration
  • 175% efficiency
  • 250% range
  • 40% strength

Explanation

Maxed efficiency and range. Streamline and Fleeting Expertise at rank 4 to reach exactly 175% efficiency to not waste mod capacity and power duration. Maximum range to cover as much area with Sleep Arrow as possible. Duration is as high as possible with the aforementioned restrictions, but this is a good medium between keeping enemies asleep (which wants high duration) and using Sleep Arrow to reset an enemy's alertness state (which wants low duration). Infiltrate to move between enemies more quickly and because I'm really bad with forgetting laser gates exist. Strength is a dump stat because you aren't using the pickpocket with Prowl or Artemis Bow. Enemy Radar (and Animal Instinct on your companion) combined with Ivara's passive gives you massive enemy detection range to help make sure no one walks in on your mess of dead bodies on the floor.

Other options

Replace Constitution with Rush for a bit lower power duration (105% duration), but faster movement.

38 minutes ago, KYLoooo said:

Energy Siphon and Prowl all the time?

Yes, Build A is a "full-time Prowl build" and you can get wrecked pretty easy out of Prowl or if somehow you get caught up in a crossfire (friends/allies nearby, etc).
 And also the environmental fire damage effects in some Sabotage missions will burn you to death. And Infested Toxin Clouds and such.

So as with Loki "invisibility does not equal invincibility."  But where Loki is Fast, Ivara is comparatively Slow, thus this being more of a "solo stealth build" ;-)

Now while Energy Siphon does not work while in Prowl there's usually plenty of chances for it to get used. 

At the start of a mission you have a few options, depending on where you spawn. If you spawn right in front of a mob which does happen sometimes, then immediately go into Prowl, haha.

Then if you need to you can go look for a place to hide for a little while.

Some missions will load you into a place totally removed from enemies, while most, of course, start you off near but out of sight of them.

So anyhow if you need to and are able, you get somewhere "safe" out of sight. IF you have Zenurik as your Focus School you can take a few minutes to run out the timer and get it running. A maxed out Zenurik/Energy Overflow plus Energy Siphon will fill you up to max pretty quickly, even with a maxed Primed Flow.
Once you're at max you should all the energy you'll need to stay in Prowl and cast lots and lots of Sleep Arrows and most anything else you want, since we also have maxed Efficiency. 

Alternatively, if you're impatient and/or don't have maxed out Energy Overflow you can drop enough Energy Restore pads/pizzas to get you up to whatever you feel comfortable with. I find that usually one Large one for 400 is enough. If you don't have Large ones yet you can stack a bunch of Smalls to the same effect.

Now again these won't work for you if you're in Prowl, but they will work if you've created a nice safe place to hide using Cloak Arrow.

So if you spawn in where there is no place that seems safe, Prowl, get somewhere that seems "safe enough". Then shoot a Cloak Arrow at your feet, come out of Prowl and drop enough energy restores to get a good reserve of energy and you're good to go.

And again if you have both a maxed Energy Overflow and Energy Siphon running together, with max Efficiency you should generate more energy with them both running while under the effects of Cloak Arrow than it costs to cast it. 

If you're doing a Stealth exterminate and lose the Stealth Multiplier (or just don't care about it) then you can always find another safe spot and let your energy build back up again if you need to. In a Spy there's usually some safe places to hide (vents) in the Spy Vault that you can hang out and get some energy built up too.

Another alternative is if you have the Rakta Cernos/Ballistica/Dark Dagger-w/augment mod. The proc from those all grant/restore energy and you do benefit from this while in Prowl. The proc no longer breaks Stealth or Alerts enemies but it can still end up killing the stealth multiplier depending on what level mobs you're killing. 

OK, well that's maybe even more info than you were looking for but again hopefully something helpful there, heh. 

~R~

7 hours ago, Rolunde said:

-snip-

Energy Siphon takes way too long to build up Ivara's massive energy pool. Assuming you begin the mission with the base 50 energy, it takes 19 minutes and 15 seconds to cap out Ivara's energy pool of 743 energy. With both Energy Siphon and Energy Overflow from 100 energy (when I usually stop to regenerate energy), it takes 2 minutes and 20 seconds to cap out passively, not counting the energy spent casting Cloak Arrow. In comparison, with only Energy Overflow from 100 energy, it takes 2 minutes and 41 seconds to cap out passively.

If you're not using a weapon with an energy-restoring syndicate proc and don't want to spend time pickpocketing every enemy you pass by, it's far more efficient to begin the mission by immediately dropping a Cloak Arrow at your feet and dropping a pair of energy pizzas. It takes only 21 seconds to regenerate 600 energy using one large and one small pizza, minus the 12 energy spent casting Cloak Arrow twice.

Energy Siphon is simply not worth the little benefit it provides when other auras are far more useful. That said, if you really don't mind standing around doing nothing for long periods of time, feel free to use it, but it's not exactly a great recommendation to make to others.

@Inarticulate sorry if I am being overly sensitive or defensive but... 

Original Post was: 

23 hours ago, Bk201HeadShot said:

what's your ivara build ? and why did you chose those mods ?

So that's what I did, post my builds and why I use them. Not saying "these are best builds" just "these are the builds I am using when I posted this."

And then someone asked about me using Energy Siphon and Prowl so I explained in more detail how I play using that.

Which includes a combination of ES and Zenurik, with alternatives or boosts from Energy Restores and/or Rakta procs.

And I don't think I actually went so far at any point to say "ES is best Aura, everyone should always sue it, you should use it!" 

Just that's those are the builds I normally run with and they work for me.

Also just to say, I've never spent more than about 2.5 minutes standing around doing nothing, let alone 20. If I'm playing the A build solo it's because I have time to just chill, and when I'm doing I can wait 2 minutes. Have some coffee, check a forum post ;-)
 If I don't want to wait I drop a Large Energy pad and get rolling. If I bring my Rakta I don't even do that, I just get rolling. 

I use a - polarity because it's (arguably?) the best polarity to have most of the time since you can run CP with it, but when I don't need CP then I use ES. Just because I mostly Solo my Ivara doesn't mean she isn't "group viable" and that's what the other builds work for, esp Config C.

1 CP is hardly worth it and something Ivara does not need at all with the build since she has no problems Stealth Killing just about anything.

I'm not saying ES is best aura.

Just saying "this is my build and it works for me".

And I'm also not saying you're wrong to give more info on that whole thing either.  "The more you know" and all that. ;-)

Cheers mate!
~R~