Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Can We Not Buy Specific Mods Like We Can Buy Warframes And Weapons?

mindlessframe

Sell specific rare mods for same price as weapons/frames ranging from 150-300 plat.

Not only will DE make some extra cash but players be happy knowing they can obtain some of these mods that they will never find.

Because of the bad RNG on some rare mods it is hopeless to farm them. U can play this game for 2 years and not find some of them.

I know I would buy them for that much, and I sure other will too. That or change the RNG of them or put them in alerts or something.

That will divide the playerbase : performance gap between paid player and F2Per will widen. I think the random mod pack is already reasonable and acceptable due to RNG mechanic within each pack.

Bad move for F2P game.

You can buy 3 rare mods all ready for 200$ though. But I do not want to spend 200$ but I pretty much have to though since there is a 0.000001% of finding them

how about make them like a million credits not plat

Yah that would be good too. As people do not have much to spend for credits.

Edited by mindlessframe

That will divide the playerbase : performance gap between paid player and F2Per will widen. I think the random mod pack is already reasonable and acceptable due to RNG mechanic within each pack.

Bad move for F2P game.

Nah mod packs are utter S#&$, they have warframe powers in them, which means ~50% for one to be a WF power I think, not sure, but either way, they're AWFUL.

You do that and then people start complaining that the game is now Pay2Win, which it kinda would be. And I think neKroMancer means the in-game mod packs you can buy with plat, not the ones that cost money on the website.

You can buy 3 rare mods all ready for 200$ though. But I do not want to spend 200$ but I pretty much have to though since there is a 0.000001% of finding them

Farm, my clan members have been posting daily finding in Facebook with screenshot. The drop rate for rare mods like multishot, thunderbolt, etc. seems reasonable. I already mentioned mod pack mechanic as a 'rather fair' way to buy mod since it has underlying RNG mechanic.

F2P game that blatantly sells power without any mechanic to balance it for F2Per will make a bad name for itself. With many players think that 'perfect' F2P strategy is about selling cosmetics similar to LoL model. How will they react if DE use this idea? Furthermore, in a game where everything is about farming, cut your own game short by buying specific things is not the brightest idea.

What will you do after acquiring said mods?

Edited by neKroMancer

You can buy 3 rare mods all ready for $200 though. But I do not want to spend $200 but I pretty much have to though since there is a 0.000001% of finding them

This could be a good point, except each of them have a 2.01% chance of being offered for level 3 Endless Defense rewards from different factions.

F2P game that blatantly sells power without any mechanic to balance it for F2Per will make a bad name for itself. With many players think that 'perfect' F2P strategy is about selling cosmetics similar to LoL model. How will they react if DE use this idea? Furthermore, in a game where everything is about farming, cut your own game short by buying specific things is not the brightest idea.

What will you do after acquiring said mods?

The game should not be based around requiring players to farm for an indeterminate amount of time. What would I do after acquiring said mods? I won't get super sick of the game, that's for sure. Having to farm has made a lot of people I know quit the game forever. What about them? Now DE has many lost players.

I know there's a mind set out there that thinks farming is how games should be to stretch out content, but that's only when content isn't compelling enough. DE put farming in to a degree because there are basically only two currencies in any F2P game: time and money. If you can put in time and/or money, then you can get everything. Some people can't put in time, and some people can't put in money (or they won't). To keep the game successful, you have to try to strike a good balance between both. Edit: and as we can see with the person above, he thinks that you only play games to unlock things. There's no mention or idea of fun. It's just about unlocking things, because what's the point of playing a game if you're not farming, right? What's happening to the world.

But you should never argue that a player should have to farm to keep them playing the game. If the game is fun, it should speak for itself, and be there for when I want to have fun. It shouldn't force me to play to grind and grind forever.

Granted, with trading coming soon™, I don't have an issue with the mods being rare, so I don't actually agree with the OP either. Frame abilities should not be in the mod packs though. They should not count as "mods" in the case of buying those mod packs.

Edited by gell

@Gell

I agree that the game should not use farming as its core and gameplay should be enough to provide player with entertainment. However, Warframe offers no lore, no competitive aspect, nothing apart from farming for mat/mod/BP. This fact will be true as long as there is no update that change this particular problem.

Therefore, arguing that player should farm is perfectly reasonable, for now.

We shouldn't be needing time sinks. We should be playing the game because it is fun and stimulating, I don't really care about anyone saying that farming is what defines a game. We should have content (That is not weapons, frames and mods (farming stuff)) that encourages us to play a game we enjoy. If the only reason we/you are playing the game is to get everything without enjoying getting everything, how is this a good thing (I'm not saying you aren't enjoying it, but for me "farming" is a term used for doing something like a chore, to get a reward to keep going)

This could be a good point, except each of them have a 2.01% chance of being offered for level 3 Endless Defense rewards from different factions.

Don't seem to be right because I have done over 600 waves grineer and still no handspring and yah I made sure it was Tier 3. 

Which is why people like me with bad rng, need a way to obtain mods or we be playing this game for years without finding any of the rare ones.

So yah what you are saying is this, its ok to pay 200$ for mods, but since there is a small chance of getting them its not considered Pay to win, thus my idea would not be pay to win since you still have a small chance of getting them anyways.

I think for mods, they should change the algorithm so that the more abundant drop off after a certain planet level and make a new mod the abundant drop.  trick mag and what not drops wayyyy too much and although I am starting to see mods I have not had drop before, the drop pool is still filled with mods that after a certain point, are completely useless to even use as fusion fodder.  I would much rather get fusion cores than trick mags.

The grind in Warframe is fairly reasonable in my opinion. If you don't want to grind, perhaps it's just not the game for you.

Grind will lose the game some players, but it will win others. You can never please everyone, you only need to please enough to stay afloat.

Edited by Winterbraid

The grind in Warframe is fairly reasonable in my opinion. If you don't want to grind, perhaps it's just not the game for you.

Grind will lose the game some players, but it will win others. You can never please everyone, you only need to please enough to stay afloat.

Grind is only fun when challenging and have to use your head or make some kind of effort. Its just brainless bashing your head against a wall kind of grind right now and will always be that way, because they too afraid of losing 90% of their player base which apparently likes the brainless grind.

When a grind is so boring a bot can do it is not fun at all. Which is why this game desperately needs PvP.

But you are right this game may not be the  game for me then.  Just sad to see so much potential in a game being lost to we need to dumb it down for money, but that's what all games are now and seems to be the only way to survive in the business these days. 

Which is why I suggest to get rare mods some other way then hitting your head against a wall months on end.

But I do like the idea of making mods cost in the millions having some kind of credit dump, this makes it less RNG as you still have to grind for credits but at least you know you will be getting some where doing it.

I enjoy the core aspects of the game, and while the grind is low in this game compared to other F2P games, it's still grindy.

I have faith that DE will at least try to fix this with more lore, more mission layouts that go beyond random missions on a single node, and dynamic events both in-game and events organized by DE. That will go a long way to alleviating the feel of any grinding.

With competitive leaderboards (and hopefully more than just leaderboards because you will only have maybe 2% of your players competing for that chance), we'll get that aspect beyond just killing dudes.

This Grineer Informer Drone event is a small start to what will hopefully become very common, and more fleshed out in the future. They set a goal, they introduced a somewhat interesting, if not completely benign enemy, and they have multiple rewards (I like the idea of a clan statue, although only the giant clans will ever get it which is really sad).

DE just needs to ask themselves one thing, eventually: "What would I want to get out of playing Warframe?" If that answer is more than just grinding, leaderboards, and endless killing of randomly spawned enemies, then they need to get back to the drawing board.