Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: Getting Boring Very Quickly Imo

Intrude

I played warframe for quite some time to experience enough gameplay, and looking back at my experience, it was intensely boring. I am a player who is basically allergic to a grindy game. This is my feedback.

When I enter my clan chat, I see this most of the time. "Anyone farming kappa or xini?". I get it. It is PvE focused. BUT. I don't see any sandbox elements in this game. Just farm and get, and farm and farm... After you get your exp and resources... Now what? You are going to go back and do some more farming. It is a very linear system which most "sandbox" games do. Look at firefall. Farm resource. Get wep, quit game :p

I want to actually play as a space ninja. Not some dude coming in and pressing charge attacks with my Orthos all the way while  throwing some kunais here and there. Combat is dull, and I heard it is getting addressed to get the normal attacks to balance out.

I want to give suggestions, but I don't know if I can because of the road the DEs are taking. They think it is the right track, but honestly, I am not sure. Adding more content just makes me download it, play it for 2 hours and find out how bad it is. The balloon "farm" just adds on to the dull feeling.  I don't think anybody truely "enjoyed" the experience of this great new persistent farm ville.

Changing some aspects of resource gaining and weapon balance might help, but at this stage, it is hard to tell how grindy this can get.

Let me know your feedback to my feedback, or even add on some comments. I really want this game to go big, and I would hate for it to fall into a pit of farms :/

+1

This game is very grindy, with game-play that doesn't add much of a challenge most of the time. I'm hoping for this game to really get some difficulty, forcing people to co-operate and creating a true Co-operative game, where you don't co-operate because it goes faster to farm, but because it is NECESSARY to get that boss down. Bosses who are not sluggish farmfest that you just keep doing over and over to get into Warframes, more stalker enemies and last but not least, abilities that make you wanting to co-operate that are not just "Well everyone gets a buff", Switch Teleport is one of the few really awesome ones of these abilities imo. Maybe pull.

Orthos and Kunai, and then you're bored with the game? What about all the other weapons?

IMHO the Kappa/Xini farm runs doesn't reflect the whole playerbase. Some of use like to just play with friends, and not go for "maximum mod/resource drops per hour" things.

Y'know, fun?

Its boring cause there is no lore woven into the game, and the ai needs some serious work. Honestly if the game had a story mode I would be replaying its missions all the time, if it was well done and challenging.

when you have 3 people that you invited into a game, suddenly the squad chat becomes a lot more interesting, don't forget the popcorn as well.

some games you need to be patient with, as they're fully fleshed out yet. Also, there's something coming in update 9 that will make Warframe a lot more interesting than farming all day.

Its boring cause there is no lore woven into the game, and the ai needs some serious work. Honestly if the game had a story mode I would be replaying its missions all the time, if it was well done and challenging.

Story definitely helps I bet.

when you have 3 people that you invited into a game, suddenly the squad chat becomes a lot more interesting, don't forget the popcorn as well.

some games you need to be patient with, as they're fully fleshed out yet. Also, there's something coming in update 9 that will make Warframe a lot more interesting than farming all day.

Tried with 3 people... Just farming crap :p

Update 9, hell yes, can't wait for it to rev me up :)

Orthos and Kunai, and then you're bored with the game? What about all the other weapons?

IMHO the Kappa/Xini farm runs doesn't reflect the whole playerbase. Some of use like to just play with friends, and not go for "maximum mod/resource drops per hour" things.

OP weapons take the fun away from other weapons. That's why I hate leveling new crappy weps :/

Ofc farming doesn't reflect the whole playerbase. It is just a big part of why I feel bored and sleepy when doing it :p

I do believe.I do have faith in the fact that...THEY ARE WORKING ON IT!I´m sure all of you watched the livestream!Just hold on Tenno!I

I have faith too man. I watch all the livestreams. DEs have so much energy, and I love it. I am just worried as steve said that they were heading the "right" direction.

I want to give suggestions, but I don't know if I can because of the road the DEs are taking. They think it is the right track, but honestly, I am not sure.

Well, DE isn't going to shoot you if you suggest something they don't like. A lot of people are complaining about how they don't like this, that or whatever. What would you like? If it's viable, there's a chance it might be implemented. Just saying that everything is boring isn't going to change much.

Well, DE isn't going to shoot you if you suggest something they don't like. A lot of people are complaining about how they don't like this, that or whatever. What would you like? If it's viable, there's a chance it might be implemented. Just saying that everything is boring isn't going to change much.

I didn't suggest anything because I have nothing to suggest. The way warframe is built limits a lot of content. That's the reason I posted this. I wanted to hear if people have suggestions about the game, and maybe tell me some other things that I might have mis-interpreted into being a farm quest.

Well, what do you like and what don't you like? If you can isolate the particular elements of the game that you do and don't enjoy, it's easier to try to come up with ways to get more of the good and less of the bad.

Well, what do you like and what don't you like? If you can isolate the particular elements of the game that you do and don't enjoy, it's easier to try to come up with ways to get more of the good and less of the bad.

Pretty much the whole game can be worked on, but my main issue is the content being very farm intensive. It comes down to a sandbox game using a linear system... I enjoy that clans are in place, and that is about it. The weapons are cool, but to me, it is like giving me a pear when I want an apple. Know what I am saying?

I have played for a while now and yea it does become a grind. I for one would like to see at least two more factions and more different missions added, but in the same really long breath there are a lot of bugs that need to get worked out that I think should come before content additions. Fix what's there, then add to it. The more you pile into a buggy game the more you're gonna have to fix when you do eventually get around to it.

Fix what's there, then add to it. The more you pile into a buggy game the more you're gonna have to fix when you do eventually get around to it.

Agreed. The game adds too much weapon/event updates which doesn't mean it is a bad thing; just the wrong thing needed.

I was going to suggest the same thing, glad I noticed this thread first.

Don't get me wrong, I really do like this game and I am a founder (mind you, the cheapest founder), but past grinding for new stuff, there is nothing more to this game.  

I can't really say specifically what the game needs but in a general sense, it needs some more objectives, more than just grinding for gear.  

What I REALLY liked was the introduction of Stalker, but it would be nice if we had more frames to fight against.  

Reading Hyena's lore for the hundredth time farming control modules . . . would not in way, shape or form make the game more exciting.

Bored in a beta game, is like not being impressed by a half built mansion. they have expressed the lore is coming, they expressed the better end-game gameplay is coming and they have expressed the game will have better features all round.

The game has been out only around a year and the open beta just a few months ago.

Give it time.

Bored in a beta game, is like not being impressed by a half built mansion. they have expressed the lore is coming, they expressed the better end-game gameplay is coming and they have expressed the game will have better features all round.

The game has been out only around a year and the open beta just a few months ago.

Give it time.

ONLY a year. WOW.

I can't really say specifically what the game needs but in a general sense, it needs some more objectives, more than just grinding for gear.  

What I REALLY liked was the introduction of Stalker, but it would be nice if we had more frames to fight against.

It is pretty hard to find out what the game needs isn't it :p

Definitely more objectives. Gear grinding just gets me on my nerves.

Stalker was such an awesome twist to the game. The wiki page is coming up with myths about him! More frames to fight might just get annoying xD

Thinking about it, the DEs can be in a situation where objectives create problems like farming more as this is an instanced based game. If the DEs can create outlaw parties that intrude other people's instances and raid them while they are playing, that will be my ultimate dream.

Mix up a bit.
Choose a bright, flashy color to make yourself, equip and loadout that's not "Ninja", play Frost, Ember, Rhino, or Frost, and Leeroy Jenkins it.
Stop using the Kunai. I tried them. Made the game boring (hold m1, look at enemy, enemy and all enemies behind and next to it are dead in a few seconds).

Switch to a weaker melee weapon. If I'm bored of spinning around with my Scindo, I switch to the Kogate and send Grinner flying. If I don't want to do that, it's dagger stabbin' time.

If that doesn't work, stop playing for awhile. It's only healthy to do with any perpetual game like this. Come back once a day or so and check updates. Limit yourself to logging for the first daily win bonus.

These are all things I do when the games start to feel like it's it a rut for me. And I've had a nice and solid over 100 hours.

Give it time.

The problem might be that lore "cannot" be a tool to improve gameplay. I have played many lore games, and as Inez says below:

Reading Hyena's lore for the hundredth time farming control modules . . . would not in way, shape or form make the game more exciting.

Not only that, the DEs MIGHT be heading in the wrong direction where they are giving the players salt when they need sugar. And at the end of the day, we don't know what "features" they have for us, and how appropriate it will be for such a unique game.

Mix up a bit.

Choose a bright, flashy color to make yourself, equip and loadout that's not "Ninja", play Frost, Ember, Rhino, or Frost, and Leeroy Jenkins it.

Stop using the Kunai. I tried them. Made the game boring (hold m1, look at enemy, enemy and all enemies behind and next to it are dead in a few seconds).

Switch to a weaker melee weapon. If I'm bored of spinning around with my Scindo, I switch to the Kogate and send Grinner flying. If I don't want to do that, it's dagger stabbin' time.

If that doesn't work, stop playing for awhile. It's only healthy to do with any perpetual game like this. Come back once a day or so and check updates. Limit yourself to logging for the first daily win bonus.

Buddy I have stopped playing this game for quite sometime already, and just downloaded to find out another farm quest. Bright colors, new weps just mean more paying, more playing, more... farming.