Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nezha: Build and Feedback

Edgge

Question

I have tried different warframes since coming back and settled into a favorite:  Nezha.  To me, he plays like a Sith Sorcerer from SWTOR:  A caster who can 'bubble" himself and allies, but if that bubble is broke, squishy as hell.  Nezha isn't a straight up caster, but his abilities like Warding Halo and Blazing Chakram remind me of the playstyle.  He is more versatile, but doesn't have the true ranged burst as a Sith Sorcerer.

So here is my question.  I see most builds skip vitality and shield mods and only use the one for increased armor.  From my experience, warding halo must stay up or get 1 or 2 shot from any enemy 40 or higher (especially in the Void). Does anyone have an idea to help survivability? I was thinking of tinkering with my carrier prime to make him more of a protector and less offensive.

Finally, can we get some more skins for Nezha? He has one alt helmet, that's it.  It would be great to have an alternate to the ribbons as well.

7 answers to this question

i actually enjoyed nezha when he came out, but he isnt a main so i made a generic template thats worked when i pull him out

overall the primary paths i noticed in strategy are two types that were effective in combat

neither of them rely on armor as halo can scale based on damage it takes on cast , if you use that to your advantage its a great idea

a wide range build for spears AOE saturation 

or a efficiency build focusing on using all powers in a constant rate 

no matter your setup balancing between these two seemed to increase my survivability in testing

range , efficiency are good starts to the build but duration seemed to be a big factor in balancing with spears and flame trail, 

having efficiency on to keep flames from burning energy to much was a good thing,a s well as a good energy pool size

overall it was easy to stay alive by using flames to remove status off squad,  ring heal squad/self and teleport and minor damage , halo to grant huge damage protection onto myself or others , and spears for majorly focus on CC

if your going into higher levels you tend to focus on nezhas cc capabilities more then actual damage, using a strong melee or primary for that and balance away from damage buffs in build other then to buff to a desired effect is a good tactic

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

26 minutes ago, Edgge said:

I have tried different warframes since coming back and settled into a favorite:  Nezha.  To me, he plays like a Sith Sorcerer from SWTOR:  A caster who can 'bubble" himself and allies, but if that bubble is broke, squishy as hell.  Nezha isn't a straight up caster, but his abilities like Warding Halo and Blazing Chakram remind me of the playstyle.  He is more versatile, but doesn't have the true ranged burst as a Sith Sorcerer.

So here is my question.  I see most builds skip vitality and shield mods and only use the one for increased armor.  From my experience, warding halo must stay up or get 1 or 2 shot from any enemy 40 or higher (especially in the Void). Does anyone have an idea to help survivability? I was thinking of tinkering with my carrier prime to make him more of a protector and less offensive.

Finally, can we get some more skins for Nezha? He has one alt helmet, that's it.  It would be great to have an alternate to the ribbons as well.

To boost survivability greatly, I always use a special combo on my frames, and it works on every one on them.

Vitality + Rage + Quick Thinking + Primed/Flow. Use this to amplify your HP by 2 or 3 times, depending on the frame's energy. Rage will make sure you have max energy when you get to 2 HP and then QT will kick in to save your life. It is recommended to use Life Strike on melee or Hirudo to recover your health in an instant.

And like this you have a solid frame, that can regenerate health and energy in a perfect cycle. Warding Halo will still be good, but just an extra layer of HP on top of this.

I use steel fiber and quick thinking.

You want the warding halo to be up as much as possible and the extra armor helps with that. The problem is obviously that you don't have something like iron shrapnel to remove it when it goes low. On top of that your hp and shields are very low, so you can't really rely on those. What you do have is a fairly large energy pool and the extra armor also helps to get more out that.

if you are talking about normal enemy levels (100<), your halo won't break with enough power strength. I generally don't recommend that approach, because it makes you developing bad habits (just as bad as iron skin)

At higher levels you must avoid getting shot. Nezha can do it by spamming max range ult - enemies won't damage anything while they are hanging on spears - or sliding around like crazy. Whith the 1st power active you travel a considerable distance with slide attacks, dodging their fire and damaging them at the same time. If some AoE damage gets you, there is still the trusty halo protecting you.

For this I build for max efficiency, max range, medium power strength and duration. If you have slots left, add as much sprint speed and slide as possible for maximum fun. I don't like posting full builds (and hate build guides, especially on YT) experiment, and see if you can get away with less efficiency, or need more strength.

I also only use steel fiber and armored agility as defensive mods.

2 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

To boost survivability greatly, I always use a special combo on my frames, and it works on every one on them.

Vitality + Rage + Quick Thinking + Primed/Flow. Use this to amplify your HP by 2 or 3 times, depending on the frame's energy. Rage will make sure you have max energy when you get to 2 HP and then QT will kick in to save your life. It is recommended to use Life Strike on melee or Hirudo to recover your health in an instant.

And like this you have a solid frame, that can regenerate health and energy in a perfect cycle. Warding Halo will still be good, but just an extra layer of HP on top of this.

Rage isn't all that great on nezha, because it doesn't do anything when the warding halo is active.

11 minutes ago, gluih said:

Rage isn't all that great on nezha, because it doesn't do anything when the warding halo is active.

True, but the purpose of that is to make sure you have full energy in tough situations when QT kicks in. With full energy you have the freedom to cast another Halo instantly and QT will keep you alive for the maximum amount of time.

Edited by -BM-Leonhart