Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pointers on My Daiku Build

(XBOX)calvina

Question

So, I've been sitting on this Daiku build for a bit ever since I got a certain riven, so I would ask for opinions on how I may improve this build, probably find something I may have missed.

Riven Mod

Spoiler

louqcTIlMLdI7F0=

Build:

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr

Of course, it may feel akward to put a crit build on the bow that benefits the least from such aspect, but I find that it actually works thanks to the given Riven Mod, however, any pointers to improve upon this would be appreciated.

Edited by (XB1)calvina

18 answers to this question

You have an element, but not an elemental combo. That will really help your damage. I recommend you take off piercing caliber and put on voltaic strike (if you have it) or stormbringer for radiation damage. Heck, if you take off argon scope and put infected clip(or malignant force) for corrosive and heat damage.

17 minutes ago, Date_Terumune said:

im using this setup and i assure you that its better than critical oriented build.

BAhzvY7.jpg

Well to be fair, a crit and a status build is what you really want on the Daikyu.

Look at his crit chance. That's some good crit potential right there. All he needs is to replace argon scope and piercing caliber with 2 status mods and he's good.

Just now, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

Well to be fair, a crit and a status build is what you really want on the Daikyu.

Look at his crit chance. That's some good crit potential right there. All he needs is to replace argon scope and piercing caliber with 2 status mods and he's good.

Criticals may start being underwhelming on high level enemies as their armor will effectively negate it, which is why Daikyu mostly relies on Status chance and elemental damage.

For Critical Bow its better to use Dread [critical slash proc insanity]

Base 15% crit chance on such a low firerate weapon is not really any good for a crit build in my opinion. I would build it for raw damage and fire rate instead. The daikyu also has a great status chance but the low firerate really doesn't work for a status build either.

Edit: I would just reroll that riven to try to get either: multishot, base damage, fire rate or an elemental type.

Edited by PAX_NL

26 minutes ago, Date_Terumune said:

im using this setup and i assure you that its better than critical oriented build.

Noice, I can see how, as status can scale better than crit, and even then, my crits are not consistent so i have dud arrows here and there.

2 minutes ago, PAX_NL said:

Base 15% crit chance on such a low firerate weapon is not really any good for a crit build in my opinion. I would build it for raw damage and fire rate instead. The daikyu also has a great status chance but the low firerate really doesn't work for a status build either.

vile Acceleration pretty much negate the slow draw rate into rakta cernos territory, and since this bow does have a rather high base damage, multiplying that with crit is already rather absurd, although it gives options whether to add more base damage or increase critical chance, or status chance.

Edited by (XB1)calvina

3 minutes ago, Date_Terumune said:

Criticals may start being underwhelming on high level enemies as their armor will effectively negate it, which is why Daikyu mostly relies on Status chance and elemental damage.

For Critical Bow its better to use Dread [critical slash proc insanity]

My friend made a crit and status build for his dread without a riven mod and was able to one shot a heavy gunner. The only reason he could is because of the slash procs and red crits. If you just make the daikyu a status bow, it's only gonna proc viral for your build. A puncture proc isn't gonna do much at all to a heavy gunner. That's why you need crits with it so it can help with that lost damage.

EDIT: Viral procs are only super effective if you can get slash procs aswell. So just making a puncture based bow status isn't gonna help.

Edited by (PS4)joshw1400

3 minutes ago, PAX_NL said:

Which is why it's a good thing he has Vile Acceleration on.

Right now, I'm closing in on another build thanks to Josh, 2 dual stat mods, 100% status chance in place of piercing cal and Argon scope, the only problem is what elements to to choose for a general build. Heat damage is permanent, and I got all 4 dual stat mods to choose from, suggestions? Right now, I got toxic/Radiation

Edited by (XB1)calvina

7 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

My friend made a crit and status build for his dread without a riven mod and was able to one shot a heavy gunner. The only reason he could is because of the slash procs and red crits. If you just make the daikyu a status bow, it's only gonna proc viral for your build. A puncture proc isn't gonna do much at all to a heavy gunner. That's why you need crits with it so it can help with that lost damage.

EDIT: Viral procs are only super effective if you can get slash procs aswell. So just making a puncture based bow status isn't gonna help.

Sorry to say, dude, but Daikyu is not Dread.

Just now, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Sorry to say, dude, but Daikyu is not Dread.

I know that. That's why I said you should build for crit and status. Status isn't really best on a bow especially the Daikyu since it takes long to shoot. That's why I said build for crit and status so you could get more damage off the Daikyu.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

with this build i can reliably one-headshot heavies up to level 110 [after that i need to hit twice] so Slash is not that much neccesary for Viral damage [Its either Viral or Corrosive for Daikyu in my opinion]

Also every weapon with Red Crits can do well on heavy enemies on low levels, but up higher you really may want elemental damage instead of pure IPS critical.

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)calvina said:

Right now, I'm closing in on another build thanks to Josh, 2 dual stat mods, 100% status chance in place of piercing cal and Argon scope, the only problem is what elements to to choose for a general build. Heat damage is permanent, and I got all 4 dual stat mods to choose from, suggestions? Right now, I got toxic/Radiation

You should be able to rearrange the mods to get corrosive heat right?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

You should be able to rearrange the mods to get corrosive heat right?

Yup, flexible build, it is rather effective, can 2 shot a lvl 95 Hvy gunner at best, but as long as it one-shots your average mob, then I'm fine with it.

Edited by (XB1)calvina

5 minutes ago, Date_Terumune said:

with this build i can reliably one-headshot heavies up to level 110 [after that i need to hit twice] so Slash is not that much neccesary for Viral damage [Its either Viral or Corrosive for Daikyu in my opinion]

Also every weapon with Red Crits can do well on heavy enemies on low levels, but up higher you really may want elemental damage instead of pure IPS critical.

There's no way a Daikyu made with just viral could one shot a lvl 110 heavy gunner. The Tigris Prime with 100% percent status chance can't even do that it takes about 2-3 shots.