Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Informers Needs A Serious Buff.

D3ST

The new Grineer droids are the most boring "enemyes" ive ever seen in my 20 years of gaming.

This weekend event is somewhat laggin in exitement,

atleast the Fusion Moas, was offensive,

and would put up a fight, so you actually had to fight them actively.

these drones are just flying shooting-range targets.

Ideers to make them much more of a challange/Interresting :

1) they should have guns, maby a streaming "laser" like the fusion Moa.

2) they could be flying shield neutralizers, sortalike the Infested disrupters, maby even zap your energy too.

3) they could use a "Tractor beam" to pull you towards it, like the scorpions.

4) they could use a slow field generator to slow your movements down.

5) a combination of #1 and # 4. -slow your movement, while hammering you with its "laser beam"

6) a combination of #2 and #3. - first pulling you in range, then zapping your shields, if you dident kill it fast enough.

This is meant as constructive critisism.

Post any ideers you have to make them more interresting..

I can tell you love fighting the grineer. You love to deal with all their obnoxious bullS#&$ that only serve to annoy the player rather than provide a pleasant yet difficult experience.

Looks like you just want to add more "trolls" to the grineer force.

All your ideas sound cheap except the laser and #2 would be far too much. They should focus more on smarter Ai than adding more nonsense to compensate the dumb AI. I've witness thus far two grineer running in circles and one moment was after the alarm went off.

i think their whole point is to throw you off a bit. not be a "significant" problem.

i think they are fine. something you either deal with or kill to get it out of your way.

i suspect they are more rusher bait. its harder to avoid and bypass stuff if you dont know whats around the corner.

Why would they shoot at you? Do you not understand what these drones are for exactly? They're supposed to scramble your radar and make it harder for you to pinpoint the more offensive enemies. Like I said in 3 separate threads now: Not every enemy needs to actually attack you to be a threat.

Not only that, if they know you're there, they instantly cloak and disappear. If they had guns, then that would totally defeat the point now wouldn't it? And you'll also end up getting tons of people saying "THEY'RE JUST LIKE THE CORPUS OSPREY SO LAME WAAAH".

One thing I don't get is, they are Informers. Shouldn't they inform the Grineer of your presence?

Make them alert Grineer and let more Grineer soldiers attack you the more Informers spot you. The only thing they do now is annoy you with scrambling your map.

Maybe they are watching, learning, and seeing what is happening to their soldiers and our actions. The more they are ignored the more they learn. Maybe if the players fail we will see an AI shift in how the Grineer act.... :S

One thing I don't get is, they are Informers. Shouldn't they inform the Grineer of your presence?

Make them alert Grineer and let more Grineer soldiers attack you the more Informers spot you. The only thing they do now is annoy you with scrambling your map.

Say goodbye to any sort of stealth DE could implement if they had them working like that. You'd be seen and found out way before you could see them, since they only uncloak themselves when you're nearby and are in the vicinity of their radar disruption.

Informers are pretty good at ruining stealth runs :/ 360 degree vision and what not. But hey, even ROLLERS have goddamn 360 degree vision.

And seriously, having them shoot at you would defeat the purpose of the drone being a spy. They're supposed to be a minor hinderance by negating your enemy radar and jamming your minimap, not a goddamn death machine.

i think their whole point is to throw you off a bit. not be a "significant" problem.

i think they are fine. something you either deal with or kill to get it out of your way.

i suspect they are more rusher bait. its harder to avoid and bypass stuff if you dont know whats around the corner.

rusher bait? they dont stop me from rushing. on the contrary I rush BECAUSE of them. i hit 4, run through rooms until i see my minimap go weird then slow down and wait for WoF to take em down.

The primary reason why the map scrambling is so underwhelming is that in order to use any form of map awareness in this game you need to waste an artifact slot on it (enemy radar, as apposed to a more awesome energy siphon, or whatever else you like more), and so since not many people use enemy radar (in fact, some of the more ignorant "pros" will almost get offended if you do use it) you create a game where people have little to know awareness of their total surroundings. 

Myself, being a person who watches the map at all times except for when I happen to be shooting something (I'm a sniper kinda guy, so that time I'm shooting things is extremely short), so when my map gets scrambled it's like my third eye gets cut off. 

Suggestion:

Add flickers to the screen.  Since this game is so limited on its map awareness, adding effects to it does little to nothing to the average player, and then they call it "underpowered."  Instead, you could add random screen flickers on the entire hud.  (someone else can figure out lore and balancing, I'm just throwing out ideas). 

........So should we buff Corpus Cameras?

The drones scramble your radar, the cameras set off laser doors, not really seeing why the drones need a buff. I mean there are plenty of Grineer to kill, the last thing to worry about are drones.

Non combat NPCs add to the mission environment. Not everything needs to shoot at us.

Edited by OrokinNoob

1) they should have guns, maby a streaming "laser" like the fusion Moa.

Then they are not survey drones.They are attack drones

2) they could be flying shield neutralizers, sortalike the Infested disrupters, maby even zap your energy too.

Then they are not survey drones, They are anti shield drones

3) they could use a "Tractor beam" to pull you towards it, like the scorpions.

Then they are not survey drones,again

4) they could use a slow field generator to slow your movements down.

Then they are not survey drones,they are debuff drones

Lore , duh !

........So should we buff Corpus Cameras?

So, should be buff Corpus Cameras if they come without turrets and laser doors?

Because at the moment, Informers are like cameras without turrets and lasers. Worst they can do -- is to play that "whee-zzz" sound and turn red on you.

On the topic --

I'd like to see lore-friendly Informers, but I have to admit that it's quite impossible under current mechanics. Make them summon troops? But then they'll turn from a mob into a friendly NPC unit for exp/drops farming. Make them initiate lockdown? Lockdown is already just annoying, so making it even more annoying is counterproductive.

So, speaking of buffs, I don't see any completely lore-friendly buff on them. Somewhat lore-friendly buffs should probably include auras, something like "warframes near drone gets focus-fired and receive more damage due to drone highlighting them".

But no, I definitely DON'T like any ideas with guns, active attack abilities, and/or straight debuffing auras.

PS: Oh, and they should be much more resilient and do the "go invis -> move to another place" routine if not killed, instead of just vanishing. But that's obvious.

So, should be buff Corpus Cameras if they come without turrets and laser doors?

Because at the moment, Informers are like cameras without turrets and lasers. Worst they can do -- is to play that "whee-zzz" sound and turn red on you.

On the topic --

I'd like to see lore-friendly Informers, but I have to admit that it's quite impossible under current mechanics. Make them summon troops? But then they'll turn from a mob into a friendly NPC unit for exp/drops farming. Make them initiate lockdown? Lockdown is already just annoying, so making it even more annoying is counterproductive.

So, speaking of buffs, I don't see any completely lore-friendly buff on them. Somewhat lore-friendly buffs should probably include auras, something like "warframes near drone gets focus-fired and receive more damage due to drone highlighting them".

But no, I definitely DON'T like any ideas with guns, active attack abilities, and/or straight debuffing auras.

PS: Oh, and they should be much more resilient and do the "go invis -> move to another place" routine if not killed, instead of just vanishing. But that's obvious.

As I stated they disrupt radar, and as another player stated above, that can play to a short hindrance in-game.

We have no idea how they will play to new game mechanics coming in U9, so its pretty premature to demand a buff.

Ok i see your points, they should just do whatever it is they do now..

But another kind of offensive drone would be most welcome.... to me atleast

This game is very easy atm. with fully leveled/formaed frames/weapons..

I know they are gonna introduce Nightmare maps, and looking forward to them,

but i would like more challange in the normal maps too though.

Its not even a challange to solo T3 Void maps anymore,

only challange left is to see how high one can solo/squad defence maps, and thats gettin boring real quick..

Edited by D3ST

As I stated they disrupt radar, and as another player stated above, that can play to a short hindrance in-game.

We have no idea how they will play to new game mechanics coming in U9, so its pretty premature to demand a buff.

I wasent demanding, i was suggesting.. :)

Ok i see your points, they should just do whatever it is they do now..

But another kind of offensive drone would be most welcome.... to me atleast

This game is very easy atm. with fully leveled/formaed frames/weapons..

I know they are gonna introduce Nightmare maps, and looking forward to them,

but i would like more challange in the normal maps too though.

Its not even a challange to solo T3 Void maps anymore,

only challange left is to see how high one can solo/squad defence maps, and thats gettin boring real quick..

......This game is very easy atm with fully leveled/formaed frames/weapons.....

You're complaining about how easy the game is when you made it your duty to make the game as easy as possible. Are you serious right now?

We will barely reach the 100%, why would you suggest a buff?

We are actually falling behind.

Unless people speed it up, we are not going to make it.

This is mathematical fact.

Edited by Xylia

You're complaining about how easy the game is when you made it your duty to make the game as easy as possible. Are you serious right now?

+1.

I've been seeing this a lot lately. Someone will talk about how something is too difficult or impossible to solo or what have you, and then inevitably some bright spark comes along with 'What do you mean? This content is stupid easy with maxed levelled AP/AI, Multishot, Crit, Formaed gear, etc'. 

I'm not so naive as so suggest that all content should be possible with any loadout, but of course the game is going to be easy when you're tooled up to the max - I use affinity boosters but I don't go around saying 'You don't level up slow at all in this game, guys. What's your problem?'

Oh yes, about the same level of hindrance as the camera buzzing on you.

Don't be ridiculous. Even broken fans in Grineer ventilation system provide more hindrance than a scrambled radar.