Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help me upgrade my setup.

LascarCapable

Hi there.

So yeah, my setup is starting to be a little bit old (or should I say borderline from the stone age), so I would like to check out how I can upgrade it. The only issue is that I don't have a good knowledge when it comes about hardware. So I wondered if a few of you could help me.

I don't have access to my computer right now so sadly my computer specifications aren't available right now. I'll try to update this thread with my computer's specifications as soon as I can. This is why for now I'll only talk about a single thing : the graphic card.

If I remember correctly, I have a GeForce GTX 560 ti right now. It used to be something rather good back in 2012, but right now it's just not powerful enough to run the newest games around. I can't run Dishonored 2 with the lowest graphism level plus decent FPS. After searching a bit, I found out about a fairly cheap yet quite decent graphic card : the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 ti. After reading about the specifications, it looks like it's beating my poor ol' GTX 560 ti by a mile, but I'm not fully sure about that, mostly because I'm not sure about what the specifications really mean.

So here's my first question : should I swap my GTX 560 ti for a GTX 1050 ti ?

Wouldnt a RX470 be a better choice? 

A friend of mine also upgraded from a 560Ti a few days ago he decided against a 1050 and went with a RX480 4Gb instead (the price difference was only 20$ or so but he found it cheap).

Edited by VikingoX

16 hours ago, D20 said:

Hi there.

So yeah, my setup is starting to be a little bit old (or should I say borderline from the stone age), so I would like to check out how I can upgrade it. The only issue is that I don't have a good knowledge when it comes about hardware. So I wondered if a few of you could help me.

I don't have access to my computer right now so sadly my computer specifications aren't available right now. I'll try to update this thread with my computer's specifications as soon as I can. This is why for now I'll only talk about a single thing : the graphic card.

If I remember correctly, I have a GeForce GTX 560 ti right now. It used to be something rather good back in 2012, but right now it's just not powerful enough to run the newest games around. I can't run Dishonored 2 with the lowest graphism level plus decent FPS. After searching a bit, I found out about a fairly cheap yet quite decent graphic card : the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 ti. After reading about the specifications, it looks like it's beating my poor ol' GTX 560 ti by a mile, but I'm not fully sure about that, mostly because I'm not sure about what the specifications really mean.

So here's my first question : should I swap my GTX 560 ti for a GTX 1050 ti ?

It depends on how much memory you have and the CPU you have. If you have low ram and a cpu from 2012 or earlier, you might be better off hold off tell you can buy more ram and a new CPU as well. Sure you might see a ok performance boost on some games. But you could also cause a system bottle neck due to having a older CPU or not enough ram to run newer games.